Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Becky
VIP September 2019 Ontario

What stage of wedding planning are you at?

Becky, on March 6, 2019 at 13:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 82

I have 7 months left until I get married! Currently I am focusing on planning of my Buck and Doe on May 25th. Where abouts are you in your wedding planning and how many months or days until you get married? What is something your struggling with right now or whats your biggest achievement !

82 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on July 24, 2019 at 20:48
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am 575 days away. Just booked our venue and it has made everything so real. I have been looking at wedding ideas for about 2 years. Not obsessing but close to it. I have enjoyed looking at different ideas and I think I know what I need to get the vision I want. With the timeline I gave myself everything should be fine. I love planning, I love finding ways to get what I want for less, right now it's my hobby.
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very exciting! Thats amazing and sounds like you are well organized ! I have seen a view people bake their own cakes and it makes it more special

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    364 days to go! Sent out our Save the dates AND booked our reception venue! I’m a baker, and (unsurprisingly) will be making my own wedding cake. I’m sourcing out MUAH’s and about to book my henna artist and henna venue! My goal is to start dress shopping by mid September (I have 3 freaking dresses to buy holy crap). My vision is to be totally and completely relaxed and stress free by the time June rolls around! Fingers crossed to all of us!
  • Piapolkadot
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    Piapolkadot ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is tomorrow! 😅
    So naturally I am relaxing before we pack the car and head to our rehearsal tonight. Pays off big time to have everything organized in advance! 😊
  • R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Got engaged in march getting married in November so everything was a little bit of a rush. I have 4 months and so far biggest things we still need is a photographer and a Dj plus all the little details. We already have venue, caterer, dress, -most- of our centerpeicesand our guest book.
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All thats left is some ordering (my dress,dogs dresses,gifts for MOH and FH,and decore)

FH's shirt

venue

finish the menu

and send out invites.

doesnt sound like much but im sure im missing stuff haha

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were 1 year and 3 months away and all the big vendors are booked! Yay! Currently, I'm organizing the STDs and finalizing the list. We're also going to book our engagement shoot soon so we can send a small pic to our guests with either the STDs or the invites.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure! It definatly can, I had a book to begin with for any attachments or emails people sent so could keep track of pricing and all of that. It helped a lot.

• Tiffany
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am just in the beginning stages! Looking at venues/vendors, etc. Loving every minute of it but it can be so overwhelming!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had issues with the florist too!

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in a year, most things our planned I am just working on booking the buck and doe now. The one this I’m struggling with it’s is finding a florist whom will do what we want/need without blowing the budget...
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations ! and welcome to the Wedding Wire Community Smiley smile My advice is take a month to enjoy and don't go crazy buying decore yet as you might change your style few times in the course of planning. Also, I thought buying better but I should have checked out rentals for few things as its hard to get rid of it after. Also, you don't have to pick your bridesmaids right away, pick them for the right reasons and not because you feel you have to.

• Piapolkadot
    Beginner July 2019 Ontario
    Piapolkadot ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're just under 4 months out! We just had our Jack & Jill this weekend, which was amazing and made us SO much more excited for the wedding. My next goals are centrepieces, dress alterations and sending out invitations!

• Tiffany
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just got engaged 3 weeks ago!!! So I have just begun this crazy and fun journey....any advice?

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just under 3 months away and I feel like I have nothing to do. It's nice. The shower is in a month in a half so mostly focusing on that right now.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Becky,

I should get off this computer and get to work! Time is a ticking Smiley ring

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am 5 months away from the D day. I am at the stage of choosing bridesmaid dresses right now. For the next 2 months, I will go try the foods, finalize the wedding decors, order the cake, send out 'Save the date', take engagement pictures and firming up the list of guests.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh! so exciting Julie, Hope you enjoy every second of it and show us photos!

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10 days until our Wedding 👰🤵
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh for sure!

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exciting! getting things done

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well who doesn't love a good sandwich!!

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    5 months to the day! We are focusing on getting my FH's suit and the bridesmaids dresses next, as well as arranging hair and makeup, ordering a cake, and getting invitations ready to be sent.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

565 days left and we're all booked! We're rapidly approaching the final guest list deadline though which has its own tensions... I'll just be glad when everything is finalized (lol 564 days from now).

• M
    Curious May 2019 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm about 2.5 months away from our wedding date, but we decided to get married with one year of planning. I did a lot right away because I was super excited and I usually run out of steam half way through a project! (one year in advance, I picked the venue - I wanted to see how it will look in the same month; photographer - I wanted an engagement shoot done, and used the same person; and dress - it was the first one I tried on, and loved it! I already knew the style of the bridesmaid dresses I wanted, and just kept an eye for a sale). About the 8-month mark, I was in a "lull" and decided to do a slideshow at the reception. I also assembled the invitations super early, and then mailed them out 4 months before the RSVP deadline (which was 3 months before our wedding date... we needed to know how many people/tables for decorations, caterers, etc.). The thank you gifts for the bridal party were the first items I bought. My favours are already assembled and boxed up. I went with silk flowers (cheaper), which are all assembled as well (I was also able to bring the bouquet with me to my make up trial!). I haven't done some items, like book the hotel for the night of, or looked into limos yet, but I'm hoping to knock off the rest of the little stuff by the end of this month (which is when my bridal shower is, and my future mother in law is visiting). I've been trying to get whatever I can accomplished, as soon as I can, so it's not a rush at the end. I have also staggered the group events (engagement party (September), bridal shower (March), stag (April)) so I would have events to look forward to, and also spent time with friends/bridesmaids at other times, so not everything is wedding related (I didn't want to be the engaged friend who only ever talked about their upcoming wedding).

When I didn't feel like doing some of the wedding items, I did the fun stuff (like design the invitations, thank you cards, hair and make up trials, etc.). That way, something was getting done, but I was also enjoying it.

Try to space things out a bit, so you can keep your energy/focus. Also make sure you have couple time as well Smiley smile

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have def been in this stage multiple times! It's hard, we had some issues arrise and trying to weight pro's and con's of not eloping. Sad to say but will be happy when done and married as we just want to get a head financially

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh thats great! Lots of planning to come

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh!! Congratulations Smiley smile That is so exciting and if the vendors are on wedding wire make sure to say when meeting them, or booked so you can get tickets to enter the contest to win $1000

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great you have a timeline even with it being early in! It makes it less stressful as you continue to plan

• Becky
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats great! Lots accomplished so far and on the right track Smiley smile

• Katie
    Curious February 2020 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    10 more months! We are diving head in now that we procrastinated picking a date. I have most things planned. Now time to save and purchase. Just booked our chapel!
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The "Eff this, we're eloping" stage.🤦‍♀️

We've had a rough few years so we keep
    Needing to start over. So done with the whole thing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics