Skip to main content
Alexis
Alexis

Ottawa, Ontario · From October 2016

I'm so excited to be marrying my best friend.

Happily married 🎉

October 27, 2018

2030days 22hrs
Monica
Significant Others
Monica, On October 14, 2018 at 08:33

Hi all! My wedding isn’t until next year in June and we’ve already chosen our bridal party. If our groomsmen happens to have a girlfriend in between this time, do we invite their girlfriends too? Of...

Sharlene, friday 2-Nov-18 14
Alexandra
First dance songs
Alexandra, On October 15, 2018 at 09:57

Lets hear them! what have you all selected for your first dance, mother son dance, father daughter dance.... Is anyone doing anything not traditional? Funny dances? Bridal party dances? Ill be dancing...

Alexis, friday 2-Nov-18 25
Stephanie
How are your vows coming?
Stephanie, On October 28, 2018 at 01:56

Who's writing their own vows? Have you started yet? How many drafts until you feel you perfected them? Are you staying serious or including some humour? Are you letting anyone else read them? Are you...

Alexis, friday 2-Nov-18 11
Stephanie
How much wedding stuff is still in your house?
Stephanie, On October 31, 2018 at 14:37

How much of your wedding stuff do you still have? How much is displayed? My mom dried my bouquet, we have a couple flower pots on our mantel, and a word cloud I had made using our wedding colours and...

Donna, friday 16-Nov-18 6
Megan
Guestbook
Megan, On October 31, 2018 at 15:34

Hey all, Wondering if you guys have recommendations on where to buy a guestbook? Thank you

Lam, tuesday 23-Nov-21 8
D
Menu Selections on Place Cards
Darien, On October 27, 2018 at 11:27

We have to show our guests' two menu selections either on their place cards or some other way at their seating at the reception. Any ideas as how to do so?

Alexis, friday 2-Nov-18 14
Allison
October Weddings!
Allison, On October 30, 2018 at 12:48

This is for anyone getting married, or has gotten married in October (of any year!). What is your date? We're getting married October 19, 2019! What made you decide to do October? For us, October is a...

Allison, wednesday 7-Nov-18 12
Gabrielle
Ceremony Music?
Gabrielle, On October 30, 2018 at 20:46

I’m struggling to find the perfect songs for my ceremony. Im very much into music and want to find the right tunes. Do i use the same track as my bridesmaids and groomsmen, do i have a track all to...

Andrea, friday 2-Nov-18 9
Lynnie
Ring care?
Lynnie, On November 1, 2018 at 13:05

What do you do to take care of your engagement ring?? 💍 Do you have an at-home ring cleaning routine? Are there certain times you definitely don't wear your ring? Do you take it in regularly for a...

Catherine, monday 5-Nov-18 10 1
Alexis
We did it! We got married!
Alexis, On November 2, 2018 at 09:33

And the day was absolutely perfect. Our fall wedding turned into a winter wonderland, and I'm not even mad about it! I'm so looking forward to seeing our snowy pictures. All of our guests loved the...

Leanne, monday 26-Nov-18 17 328
Alexis
Went for my first fitting this past weekend
Alexis, On September 11, 2018 at 21:38

It's getting real! I had my first fitting and we're really not altering much. We've added padding in the bust and brought it in a little, shortened the straps, hemmed the bottom, added a bustle, and...

Hélène, monday 22-Oct-18 14 167
Andrea
Outdoor Wedding- October 2019, too cold?
Andrea, On September 8, 2018 at 23:53

Hey everyone I am going to be having my wedding October 5, 2019. I have the reception venue booked, but have yet to decide on the ceremony venue. Initially I was thinking about having it in a church,...

Amanda, monday 1-Oct-18 22
Lynnie
#TuesdayShoesday! What colour shoes are you wearing?
Lynnie, On September 11, 2018 at 18:00

Are you wearing shoes in a subtle hue, or are you going for a pop of colour? What colour shoes are you wearing on your wedding day? Photo from Bright Sky Wedding Designs in Toronto Photo by Romance...

Natasha, friday 14-Sep-18 11
Natasha
help me choose my wedding colours and groomsmen suit color!!
Natasha, On July 20, 2018 at 17:06

Hi ladies. I need help deciding on wedding attire for the bridal party. I have attached a picture of what I want the bridesmaid to wear. Please help with the color of the bridesmaid and the men’s...

Alexis, monday 30-Jul-18 12
Alexis
Advice on bouquet
Alexis, On May 11, 2018 at 18:12

Hi ladies, Okay, so I'm not a flowery person in the sense that I see myself carrying a beautiful floral bouquet, and given the fall wedding I wanted to do something different. So I went with...

Jennifer, thursday 24-May-18 14
Joey
Reception table shapes
Joey, On May 10, 2018 at 14:16

What kind of tables will you have at your reception? Round? Photo by Laurel's On Whyte in Edmonton Square? Photo by Embassy Plaza in Laval Rectangle? Photo by Meadow Muse Pavilion in Calgary ...

JuneBride, sunday 13-May-18 20
Christina
Need help with wedding hashtag!
Christina, On May 10, 2018 at 08:49

FH last name is Mann so I feel like there could be a few play on words here. I was thinking #itwasMann2be. Any other suggestions?

Leah, friday 11-May-18 11
Joey
Who said "I love you" first?
Joey, On May 11, 2018 at 08:05

You or your partner - who was the first one to say "I love you"? Photo by Brilliant Events & Celebrations in Calgary

Vinod, monday 10-Sep-18 24
Stephanie
Get the couple to kiss games
Stephanie, On May 9, 2018 at 12:27

Looking for a fun game for the guests to do to get my FH and i to kiss at the wedding, what did you do or what are you planning to do?

Alexis, friday 11-May-18 12
Brittany
Planning the “extra” Table(s)?
Brittany, On May 2, 2018 at 14:08

I have a question about the “extra” table, you know, the one for cards, guest book, and seating chart. Do you have this all set up on one table or??? (I have only been to a few weddings, which I was...

Lydia, tuesday 8-May-18 14
BunnyBride
Alternative Bridesmaid proposal format - thoughts?
BunnyBride, On April 30, 2018 at 13:43

Hi all, I was just looking for thoughts/constructive feedback on an idea I had. I have been reading articles and discussions regarding Bridesmaid Proposals, because I do want to do them for my party...

Alexis, tuesday 1-May-18 8
Gina
Wedding Dress Shopping!
Gina, On May 1, 2018 at 08:18

Good Morning Everyone, I’m just wondering how far in advance everyone ordered their wedding dress? I really want to lose a bit of weight (I know that’s common) before I try anything on. Thank you!

Brittany, wednesday 2-May-18 48
Lynnie
Save the dates - photo or no photo?
Lynnie, On May 1, 2018 at 12:10

What style save-the-date did you decide on? Are you using a photo (or multiple photos) of the two of you? Or did you choose a non-photo style? What style is your save-the-date? Photo or no photo?...

Stephanie, monday 7-May-18 14
Randa
Unplugged ceremony program
Randa, On May 1, 2018 at 19:27

I would like to mention that we won't be having pictures taken at our ceremony. Also, that photos are welcome afterward and include the website they can share them on. Any polite, concise wording...

Jocelyn, thursday 3-May-18 11
Ludvis
Hotel reservation
Ludvis, On May 1, 2018 at 17:04

So, we weren’t planing on reserving hotel rooms for guests since we didn’t think that many would require them. But apparently we’re up to 10 rooms. How did you go about contacting hotels. We have very...

Glen, friday 14-Feb-20 21
Stephanie
Any moments give you a little tear?
Stephanie, On April 30, 2018 at 10:30

I have been experiencing these more and more! Just any moments or thoughts you have or see that make you think of the big day and cry a little (happy tears of course!) Ed Sheeran's song Perfect...

Stephanie, saturday 5-May-18 45
Lucy
Wedding Music List
Lucy, On April 28, 2018 at 20:48

I'm trying to get an idea of the different music/songs I need for for our ceremony and reception. I've made a list, am I missing any obvious ones? 1. Bridal party entrance 2. Bride's entrance 3....

Kathryna, friday 4-Oct-19 6
Denai
Uneven Bridal Party
Denai, On April 28, 2018 at 16:08

Are you having an uneven bridal party? Any tips for someone who is going to have one? The only somewhat concern I have is how the pictures are going to look but I also don't care that much. We have 3...

Lynnie, monday 30-Apr-18 6
Teresa
Nervous..
Teresa, On April 29, 2018 at 02:49

There are a little over 6 months until the big day and i'm freaking out! I still have things to book, my Bridal Shower, Bachelorette, our buck and doe, going for out cake and foos tasting, getting...

Erin, monday 30-Apr-18 10
April
What's on your feet for the wedding? His and Hers/his and His/hers and Hers?
April, On April 29, 2018 at 03:48

Curious what everyone has chosen for footwear? We have ourselves and our kids all wearing converse, that they got to pick out from the converse store. Two kids chose rainbow, I chose turquoise, He...

Erin, monday 7-May-18 34
Denai
What did you pay for your photographer & videographer?
Denai, On April 27, 2018 at 11:20

I am just curious what the average bride & groom spend on their photographer. And if you decided to go with a videographer, how much did you spend? Pictures and video are the most important thing...

Lor, friday 11-May-18 35

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics