Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Randa
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Unplugged ceremony program

Randa, on May 1, 2018 at 19:27 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
I would like to mention that we won't be having pictures taken at our ceremony. Also, that photos are welcome afterward and include the website they can share them on. Any polite, concise wording ideas would be very much appreciated!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jocelyn, on May 3, 2018 at 10:20
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have it mentioned on an insert card & I'm definitely having our officiant mention this, as I don't want the distraction.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have your officiant or priest make an announcement to have the phones off during the ceremony. Pictures can be taken after. Privide a card size message to have the pictures uploaded on your website.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As many have said I think a sign at the ceremony area would be the best way to do it! Keep it cute and it'll be polite! People will understand!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this sign! I'm debating making our ceremony "officially" unplugged since we are spending quite a bit on photography. However, there is still going to be a person or two who want to take a quick cell phone picture Smiley amazing

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm having a sign at the entrance to the ceremony and I'll ask the officiant to also make a statement:

We gratefully request that over the next five hours, no pictures or videos be taken. We ask that you enjoy the ceremony and dinner in a tech-free manner.

I don't know how large your guest list is, but I've also been telling people that are going to be invited that I don't want to see any phones staring at me during the ceremony or speeches/dances - my mom and FMIL are very guilty of this so they are being warned in advance.

• Randa
    Randa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great, thanks.

• Randa
    Randa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's why I thought maybe if I put it in the program plus the officiant said it...people might not take pictures during the ceremony.

• Randa
    Randa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love the sign you made. Very cute!!

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our officiant will mention this, but I also made a cheeky chalkboard sign.

Unplugged ceremony program 1
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to a wedding where the officiant said something about putting phone and cameras away at the beginning of the ceremony. However, this still didn't stop people from taking pictures...

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How about something like this? You can include the website for any photos taken after on the bottom. If you google Unplugged Ceremony, you'll find plenty of cute sayings for your programs.

Unplugged CeremonyUnplugged ceremony program 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics