Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Save the dates - photo or no photo?

Lynnie, on May 1, 2018 at 12:10 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

What style save-the-date did you decide on? Are you using a photo (or multiple photos) of the two of you? Or did you choose a non-photo style?

What style is your save-the-date? Photo or no photo?

Photo?

Save the dates - photo or no photo? 1

Photo from Luxury Invitations in Mississauga

Or no photo?Save the dates - photo or no photo? 2

Photo from Pretty in Print Invitations in Burlington

For more community discussions about Save-the-Dates and engagement pictures, check out: Are you sending save the dates? , When did you take engagement pictures? , and Let's see your Save the Dates!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on May 7, 2018 at 23:54
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did a photo on the save the dates (the one on my profile actually!) but not on the invitations.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of photos on Save the Dates!

We didn't do any, since we had a shorter engagement, but if we were to send out Save the Dates, they definitely would have had photos!

• Lorraine
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Lorraine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here are ours save the dates. We will be adding more detail to the actual formal invitations.

Save the dates - photo or no photo? 3
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photos on save the date cards will bring up the price and want to avoid that. Thank you cards can have the pictures placed inside when you mail them out, provided you print them seperately than the cards.
  • Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did ours with a photo. We went to a mall photo shop where they superimposed a background so it looked like we were in this beautiful meadow. Received so many compliments on it.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If we were doing one, it would have been with a photo, and it would be a magnet. However, we didn't see the point in budgeting for it... the out of town and important guests already know the date, and we are sending our invites out an additional month early.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with no photo. I designed and made ours, just very simple and elegant. The only stationary that is going to have a photo on it will be the thank you cards.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't do a photo on our save the dates because we wanted to send our Christmas cards with photos on them and didn't want to overdue it with our engagement photos.
    We are only going to do pictures on our thank you cards after the wedding
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No photo.

Final design tbd.
  • Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We opted for no photo.

Save the dates - photo or no photo? 4
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like both styles, but I think we're going to go with no photo for ours.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think both can be really pretty, but my FH and I are actually doing a less traditional form of STD. I saw the idea of someone making a video - nothing fancy, with their own camera, but making it funny and memorable - and sending it out via e-mail or social media (like Facebook Messenger). We're going to go that route. It gives us a chance to do something fun and creative together and saves on postage! (We're on a pretty tight budget, so yes, the postage savings help)

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaid is designing ours so I've asked to two make one with and one without so we can compare and see what we like the most
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love both styles to be honest.. but I knew I wanted a really simple invite, so thought I'd go nuts with the Save the Date.. plus we had a nice photo to use! So we went with a single photo on our Save the Dates.

Save the dates - photo or no photo? 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics