Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Ring care?

Lynnie, on November 1, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 10

What do you do to take care of your engagement ring?? 💍

Do you have an at-home ring cleaning routine? Are there certain times you definitely don't wear your ring? Do you take it in regularly for a professional cleaning? Tell us what you do to keep your ring in tip-top shape!

best-toronto-custom-engagement-ring_50_1

Photo from Alexis Gallery in Toronto

10 Comments

Latest activity by Catherine, on November 5, 2018 at 17:21
  • Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance got the ring from Ecksand, and when we went to resize it the jeweler recommended that whenever the diamond starts to loose some sparkle, that i let it soak in some warm water with baking soda. Then i take an old toothbrush and brush it to clean all corners. It takes me 2min to clean it and it really sparkles after!!!
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wear mine to shower daily, so when I washed myself, the ring is washed too Smiley smile. From time to time, I put couple of drops of dishwasher in warm water and put the ring in for 5 minutes. Then I brushed it with soft brush and a little tooth paste. The ring is sparkling like new.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend works at Michael Hill where my FH bought the ring... so I pop in there for 6 month inspections and whenever I want/need for cleanings (all free under warranty). I also don't wear it to bed, in the shower, or working out!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH got my ring from Spence, they require a professional cleaning once a year for the warranty, but provide free cleaning any time you go in. I've had my ring professionally cleaned by them twice since January, and I purchased a home cleaning kit to get it nice and sparkly before any events.

I should maybe clean it more, but I'm not too concerned. I never take it off... If I ever take it off before bed I ALWAYS forget to put it on the next morning. Also it was a full size too small the first 6 months I had it, so I couldn't get it on and off if I wanted to Smiley xd it just merged with my finger.... but there was no way I wasn't wearing it!!! Haha.

This is the jewelry cleaner I got. It's from Walmart and it's under $10. Works awesome. Just make sure you get the right one, they have different ones for silver, gold, etc...

CleanerRing care? 1

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off a lot when doing things around the house, especially cleaning and dishes. My jeweller also gave me a cleaning stick for at home use in between professional cleanings. But I plan oncleaning it annually or twice a year.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I intend to get my ring cleaned every year, but the best way for me to care for it has been to actually... not wear it every day. My future sister-in-law has been wearing a replica engagement ring for two years, only wearing the 'real deal' for special occasions, and after dropping my engagement ring on ceramic tile flooring, I decided that was the way to go for a klutz like me. So I wear a cheap (under $100) cubic zirconia/sterling silver ring that looks exactly like my real ring on a day to day basic, and keep the genuine diamond for parties and times where I need that extra bit of sparkle.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agreed - that ring is pretty!

I haven’t had my engagement ring professionally cleaned since I received it; however, I regularly clean it with a gentle dish soap, warm water and a soft bristle toothbrush.

I take my ring off when I’m handling heavy objects or anything that may knock against or scratch the band itself, going to shower, going to bed, etc.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do not have a cleaning routine. But any time I am at the Mall i just bring it into Peoples to get it cleaned. Plus I have to take it in twice a year to get inspected and it gets cleaned then!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all, the ring in that picture is GORGEOUS!!!!

I don't have an at-home routine or anything, but I make it a habit to take it off when I'm: Cleaning, doing the dishes, sleeping, taking a shower, cooking, at the gym or doing any type of physical activity (including swimming!).

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I work in a mall with People’s so I just get it professionally cleaned from time to time since it’s free 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics