Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ludvis
Ontario

Hotel reservation

Ludvis, on May 1, 2018 at 17:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21
So, we weren’t planing on reserving hotel rooms for guests since we didn’t think that many would require them. But apparently we’re up to 10 rooms. How did you go about contacting hotels. We have very little hotel options and most are expensive even looking 20 minutes away is still expensive. Help?!?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Glen, on February 14, 2020 at 10:41
  • Glen
    Newbie July 2020 Greater London
    Glen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm looking for this information right now. Thank you for your posts.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose hotels close to our venue and blocked rooms at 1 three star and 1 four star, just to give a bit of an option. I chose places where I could block rooms without making a deposit myself. The rooms aren't guaranteed this way, but as long as guests book in advance, they should be good to get a room!

I honestly think the price is cheaper booking through expedia or a site like that rather than using the group rate.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had my planner book the hotel block, so we have rooms for out of town guests and a suite booked for my FH and I.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Base the room block on how many guests are coming and who will be staying. Ask the hotel to have 2 or 3 extra rooms on top of your count. Also get a quote fpr rooms at a discount. Add that info to the invitations for the guests to make thier confirmations.
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Several types, maybe they aren’t explaining it properly but it’s holiday inn or Hampton inn like hotels. I’m located in the Niagara region. I have a few hotels quoting 220-270 plus taxes but also wanting a parking fee to
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For a courtesy block this should not be the case as you don't want to pay for the rooms, your guests would. What type of hotel is it? And what area do you live in? Maybe it's the kind of hotel and their policy? But seems strange.
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I used this and the wedding wire one and my days is almost booked everywhere 😭
  • Sara
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a great service!

• Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of the hotels in our area are booked completely what to do???
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Rene,
    im having a lot of places that are saying we need to put credit card down; which i don’t want to invade a mix up where they charge us. Any input?
  • Renee
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a sales manager at a hotel specializing in weddings lol as Holly said you would reach out to the sales department in order to get a room block. 10 rooms is usually the minimum and they will give you a cheaper rate then the best available. Then guest make their own reservations. Best part is it's just a courtesy block so you aren't financially responsible for any rooms not picked up by your guests. I have a room block at my hotel for my guests because I'm sure lots of them won't want to drink and drive (open bar and all) reach out if you need help or have questions I'm happy to help!
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Https://weddingwire.hotelplanner.com/
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went on WeddingWire using a computer. It was a tool under my wedding I believe.
  • Ludvis
    Ontario
    Ludvis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What feature is this?
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used the feature here on wedding wire. I accessed it through the website. It contacted hotels for me. When some replied with quotes, a representative from wedding wire contacted me. We’re currently arranging a block of 10 with a local hotel. I would search as far in advance as possible as when I was searching they stated there was a large tournament in the area on my date (which was over a year away!)
  • Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found a great website called https://travel.venuereport.com. You pick the details (dates, cost, etc.) and hotels bid for your hotel room block. We managed to get a pretty good discount that way.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I chose two hotels. One that was closest to the venue but more expensive and one that was farther away (about a 10-15 minute drive) but was cheaper. I let my guests decide where they wanted to stay from there. Everyone chose the more expensive place, which surprised me, but they shared rooms or felt like treating themselves for the weekend so they didn't need to pay a cab.

• Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I went to the bridal show in Guelph. There were some hotels there. I got info from them but I’m not sure I’m going to worry about others. I guess I’ll wait and see if there is some interest.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just called the hotel that was least furthest away and were happy with the pricing. But if you’re not happy with the rates I’d call around and compare. I’ve had to stay in an expensive hotel for a wedding before. I just shared a room with a family member to split the cost.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Even look online at like AirBNB and stuff like that. You may be able to find something cheaper.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You just call the different hotels near by the venue and ask them their hotel block rates. Go over all the prices and the most reasonable call them back and reserve a block, always reverse for more rooms just incase. Keep asking guests and get a rough number for the hotel. Ask about if they have deals where the more guests booking the cheaper it is for them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics