Kaitlin

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta · From April 2021

Happily married 🎉

September 10, 2021

951days 2hrs
B
Pushing Out Wedding Date
Bea, On July 11, 2023 at 16:24

My fiancé and I are in a lot of debt. He has more than I do. I tried to convince my fiancé to elope or have a tiny wedding. He is totally against those ideas. I’m very uncomfortable with starting our...

Bea, monday 7-Aug-23 16
E
Who pays for bridesmaids dresses/hair/makeup?
Ebony, On June 12, 2022 at 23:11

Hey everyone, I’m wondering if you brides are paying for your bridesmaids dresses and their hair/makeup? If not, how did you tell them? I’m not really sure what the norm is Thanks!!!

Kaitlin, monday 7-Aug-23 20
Amanda
Buffet style dinner - do I need menu cards?
Amanda, On August 6, 2023 at 08:40

I’m on the fence about providing menu cards at each table setting so guests know what’s on the menu, but we’re having a buffet style dinner so is it really necessary ??

Pam, wednesday 9-Aug-23 9
Leandra
Friday Wedding - Pros? Cons?
Leandra, On June 25, 2023 at 15:14

Hello all! My fiancé and I have decided to have our wedding on September 12th, 2025, which lands on a Friday. But I keep having second thoughts. Our reasons for choosing a Friday are: 1) the guest...

Kaitlin, monday 7-Aug-23 17
Sabina
Order of the day
Sabina, On July 30, 2023 at 09:22

Hello brides ❤️ September 2023 bride here! Need some help with the timeline for our day. Our ceremony is at 4pm and we’re thinking to do a first look, thinking to have that at 2pm so what time should...

Joy, friday 18-Aug-23 8 1
B
Wedding dress alterations, what can be done?
Briana, On August 4, 2023 at 10:40

Sooooo, I bought my wedding dress a few weeks ago and now I am starting to have some doubts. Everyone was hyping me up and telling how pretty I look and that this is THE DRESS. It was the only one...

Kelli, friday 11-Aug-23 5
Madison
First Dance
Madison, On November 28, 2022 at 06:35

Hey friends! The hardest thing about my wedding is trying to find a first dance song for me and my soon to be husband. What song are you using? Give me some ideas.

Kaitlin, saturday 7-Jan-23 13
Kate
2023 Brides!
Kate, On January 1, 2023 at 15:46

Hello soon-to-be-wives! How does it feel to say " This year I am getting married!!" PS: time will now probably fly by so dang quickly but that also makes it exciting! Any big items on your list you...

Natasha, sunday 19-Feb-23 97
Kate
Venue or "vision" first??
Kate, On January 6, 2023 at 13:34

Those currently planning and those that are happily married, did you fall in love with a venue first and then came your theme/vision/colours, etc. or did you have a vision in mind firstly and base...

Hank, thursday 12-Jan-23 7
Nicole
Couples getting married on March 3, 2023 in British Columbia
Nicole, On October 16, 2022 at 17:28

Hi everyone! The big day is getting closer and closer!! Where is everyone getting married? Any tips and tricks? I went to my best friends wedding last night and picked up a few tips, mainly things I...

Kaitlin, saturday 7-Jan-23 1
A
Save the dates and invitations
Alexandra, On September 15, 2022 at 12:58

Hello all! I am debating if I should send save the dates and invitations or just invitations. Does anyone have advice on what is better! Thank you!

Kaitlin, saturday 7-Jan-23 13
Nicole
uk & Canada Differences
Nicole, On November 18, 2022 at 18:46

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this question is a little silly - but I've had something come up that I didn't even realize was a thing and now I'm hoping you all can give me some ideas to relay to my MOHs....

Kaitlin, saturday 7-Jan-23 4
Chanel
Wedding dress shopping
Chanel, On October 28, 2022 at 19:11

I’m getting married in May 2024 - about 18 months from now. Is it too early to start trying on dresses just to get an idea of my style?

Petrina, thursday 26-Jan-23 14
Sira
Is grey too dark of a Wedding colour??
Sira, On January 4, 2023 at 18:21

I'm working on my own Save Our Date cards to send out digitally along with a website link to help me collect guests email and mailing addresses. I'm doing this a YEAR before my wedding to give plenty...

Tanu, monday 9-Jan-23 7
Joy
Save the dates and Rsvps?
Joy, On January 6, 2023 at 18:25

I have chosen a venue, and when talking to their event coordinator, they have a minimum of 80 people and a comfortable max of 120 (but we want to keep it at or below 100). Is there a way to have a...

Hank, thursday 12-Jan-23 3
Kate
Let's talk $$$
Kate, On January 4, 2023 at 11:07

My least favourite topic when I was wedding planning!!! lol So! Numbers are important and I think it is totally responsible to keep within a budget and set limits that being said...how many of you...

Naorina, sunday 22-Jan-23 12
K
Wedding Favours - honey honey!
Kaitlin, On January 7, 2023 at 02:24

I just wanted to highlight these absolutely delightful honey wedding favours! They also have amazing candles that we love. Honey is useful, and so many cute puns can be used!! We're just finishing our...

Amanda, monday 9-Jan-23 2 57
J
Calgary Wedding Ceremony
Jennifer, On January 11, 2022 at 21:43

Hello, I am planning for a wedding in June 2023 in Calgary AB. I would love some suggestions for an outdoor area for a ceremony. It needs to be wheelchair accessible as well. Thank you!

Vinod, saturday 5-Feb-22 3
Hank
How to Live Stream Your Wedding
Hank, On May 5, 2021 at 22:59

I'm seeing a lot of people wondering how to live stream their wedding on here and on Facebook wedding groups, so here's a step by step guide for those looking to live stream their wedding. 1. Pick a...

Kaitlin, tuesday 31-Aug-21 5 3
K
Wedding Jacket / Cover up
Kaitlin, On August 21, 2021 at 05:45

Hey we are getting married September 10th... yeah i know crunch time! We are getting married in the mountains too! I need a jacket, or cover up, something that will work with a satin box pleat ball...

Kaitlin, friday 27-Aug-21 4
Steve
Couples getting married on September 10, 2021 in Alberta
Steve, On July 9, 2021 at 00:45

Hello everyone, We are getting married on Sept. 10th and would like to chat with other couples planning their ceremony/reception on the same day! How has your experience with WeddingWire been? Any...

Megan, tuesday 31-Aug-21 5
K
jj house - Sale on their samples.
Kaitlin, On August 21, 2021 at 07:40

Hey, I was just looking for a coverup and JJhouse is selling all the sample dresses. All under $65. Thats wedding and bridesmaid dresses. Right now lots of options for sizes and color!!

Hank, sunday 22-Aug-21 4 81
Natalie
Azazie bridesmaid dresses
Natalie, On August 5, 2020 at 16:23

Hello! I'm looking to get affordable bridesmaid dresses and heard about Azazie. I want each of my bridesmaids to get a different style but in the same colour. Has anyone bought their bridesmaids...

Allison, thursday 17-Feb-22 13 2
Amanda
Flowers
Amanda, On August 12, 2021 at 14:36

Hello WeddingWire Family! What are you all planning on doing for flowers?! Are you going artificial or real? What kind of flowers are you going with?! Let us see what you've chosen so everyone can get...

Amanda, thursday 23-Sep-21 57
K
Reception after a micro wedding - Grand Entrance
Kaitlin, On July 11, 2021 at 14:42

Hey guys, I need ideas. Throw em out there. Everything I've though of feels awkward. We're having a Micro wedding one weekend, then a large reception the next. The reception is out of town with...

Kaitlin, thursday 15-Jul-21 3
Sarah
Today i spent $486 at the liquor store
Sarah, On June 11, 2021 at 23:41

Today I spent $486 at the liquor store and I’m not even mad 😅 ended up needing a shopping cart to lug everything outta there but our toonie bar adventure has begun.It truly is a mishmash of our...

Sarah, sunday 11-Jul-21 16
Megan
Wedding Entertainment: Must have or a waste of money?
Megan, On July 5, 2021 at 09:58

My partner and I hired a DJ and our photographers, now we are looking at different types of side entertainment. Large games, photobooths, trivia etc. We've both gone to our fair share of weddings but...

Kaitlin, sunday 11-Jul-21 6
Jamie
How much is not much music recommendations for my dj.
Jamie, On July 6, 2021 at 22:12

I am music obsessed, I might go overboard what is the top off ideal number. I don't want to tell the dj how to do his job but like to give an idea on what music we like to hear.

Rayanne, saturday 7-Aug-21 15
Liana
Post Wedding Party
Liana, On July 7, 2021 at 13:01

This past month, we got married after postponing from June 2020. We had a small ceremony of 12 and then met at a restaurant (total 25 guests) with immediate families. Our original plans was to have...

William_Davis, monday 7-Nov-22 5
Maria
Day Time Line
Maria, On July 7, 2021 at 16:34

Hi everyone, I haven't attended many wedding myself and the times I did I never really paid attention to the time line and the order of the events. Now that vendors are asking me to come up with a...

Maria, monday 12-Jul-21 11 1
Felicia
Mason jar size for drinks
Felicia, On July 10, 2021 at 12:59

Hi all! We are using Mason jars as a wedding favour/drink ware for the night and I am just wondering what size would be ideal for that! Should we go mini mason jars 8oz or regular 16oz? It will be...

Kaitlin, sunday 11-Jul-21 5

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics