Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sira
Curious April 2024 Ontario

Is grey too dark of a Wedding colour??

Sira, on January 4, 2023 at 18:21 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7

Is grey too dark of a Wedding colour?? 1
I'm working on my own Save Our Date cards to send out digitally along with a website link to help me collect guests email and mailing addresses. I'm doing this a YEAR before my wedding to give plenty of notice and to have info readily available for when we send physical cards via mail closer to the date actual date.
1- Is a Year too early to send out Save our date cards??
2- Is grey too dark of a colour to use for my Save Our Date cards?? What about light grey??
Invites will be different and sent out roughly 4months before the Wedding.Any advice or suggestions on any aspect of save the date cards is appreciated!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Tanu, on January 9, 2023 at 10:48
  • K
    Curious September 2021 Alberta
    Kaitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Looks LOVELY!

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did black for my save the dates so you can do whatever you want!!
    And I think a year out is a fine time for save the dates especially if you have out of towners coming.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent out my STD a little over a year before the wedding. I love the dark grey over the light, I find that the other colors stand out more.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Hank, use what you think is best however the darker colours definitely give off a more formal vibe/feeling

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's a perfect time to send the STD's with a year out and whichever grey color you choose, will look great!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A year is perfect timeline for STD. I think both grey options are fine, go with the grey you like best!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think the dark grey is too dark. There's no rule. If you like it, it's good. That being said, traditionally the darker colours being used, the more formal the event. So you can choose based on what vibe you're looking for the wedding.

A year for Save the Dates is fine.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics