Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liana
Curious June 2021 Ontario

Post Wedding Party

Liana, on July 7, 2021 at 13:01 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5

This past month, we got married after postponing from June 2020. We had a small ceremony of 12 and then met at a restaurant (total 25 guests) with immediate families. Our original plans was to have around 100 person wedding including a bridal party of 10.

As covid regulations are lightening up, we were thinking of having a Post Wedding Party in the fall in hopes of inviting all of our guests. Has anyone done this before? What would your thoughts be as an invited guest? Right now I feel indifferent.

5 Comments

Latest activity by William_Davis, on November 7, 2022 at 19:56
  • Olivia
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Niki,

That is exactly what my fiance and I are doing. We are getting married Aug 12, on our original date and having 16 people for a dinner afterwards at a restaurant. I agree, we are looking at the reception next year as more of an 'anniversary party/celebration party' since it will be a year later. I am sure guests will still be happy to have a reason to celebrate together. Smiley laugh

-Olivia

• Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married August 28th (ceremony only) and have moved our reception until next year, our venue is not available for our new day and we don't want to keep waiting.

At first we thought we wouldn't go that route, but now we are just over it. I am looking at it as more of a "celebratory night out" for guests - dinner, dancing and a night out of celebrating. It'll feel different but I am ok with it - we are planning for a small restaurant after our ceremony as well Smiley smile

• K
    Curious September 2021 Alberta
    Kaitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DO it if you want it. Otherwise save your money and go on an epic late honeymoon!

Or whatever your priorities.

We planned in march for best case and worst case scenario. A September 2021 Micro wedding followed by a huge reception that could (can) be cancelled if needed (the very next weekend).

As a guest, you (I) typically love the party more than the ceremony. Plus after COVID people will be super excited to socialize and see everyone again.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of people who got married last year did so via only a ceremony and will be pushing their reception to a later date. It's not too strange and totally up to you on whether you think it's worthwhile to proceed.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything that resembles a re-enactment of the wedding itself and would just treat it like a massive party but I can see how some people would want everyone to witness that moment where you both say your vows and your I Do's.

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Numerous people have done where they had a small ceremony within the last year and a half and are following up a year later with the actual reception part of the wedding on their 1 year anniversary.

In Alberta we were allowed small wedding ceremonies for the last bit, so those who decided to get married anyways with the max of 15 people and no reception just had a ceremony. Now that they have been married a year, they are hosting their reception/party this summer because now we have no restrictions on the amount of people and are allowed receptions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics