Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

2023 Brides!

Kate, on January 1, 2023 at 15:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 97

Hello soon-to-be-wives!

How does it feel to say " This year I am getting married!!" PS: time will now probably fly by so dang quickly but that also makes it exciting!

Any big items on your list you still need to tackle? any road blocks? anyone coming out of a wedding planning pause and now ready to jump in now that it is getting closer to??

I remember I started planning so early and secured vendors which was great but then took a pause because it almost felt like I was deciding everything too soon so then 3/4 months before I went into overdrive and planning mode again Smiley smile Wedding planning really is a journey and process of details and emotions! ha Smiley heart

97 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on February 19, 2023 at 18:39
  • Natasha
    Curious April 2023 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    April 1, 40 days away! We got pretty much all our RSVPs and are going to our tasting in two days. I have my final dress fitting and then we'll print the place cards and be pretty much ready to go. I just had my bachelorette weekend and it's lovely to feel the support from everyone. So close!!
  • D
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great, thanks!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ouuhh Congrats, your big day is coming up!

I used templates off of Etsy for the welcome sign, place cards, and menu cards - loved them, turned out beautifully!

• D
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

July 7th here and feeling the pressure! Just finished booking all the big vendors and sent out invites. Now on to the finer details of decor, schedule etc. Any recommendations for a way to design your own programs, menus, seating charts etc?

• A
    Newbie July 2023 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I guess you could say that. Just some lawn games, a bbq and a campfire later. Same as our usual weekends I guess just fancier!
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's exciting and sounds so neat! Good luck in finding a vendor, love the classic car idea!!

• Cailin
    Newbie November 2023 Ontario
    Cailin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

November 3, 2023! Can't believe how quickly it will come so I am getting on with my planning. We're getting married at the Ancaster Mill - I am so lucky to have found it and the ceremony and reception will be in one place, the food and bev is all handled by them and they even offer an officiant. Feels like the bulk of the "important" stuff is done!

I am trying to find a classic car to take me and my dad from our Airbnb to the Mill (it's just up the road but would be nice to arrive in style), but I am having trouble finding a service. I contacted a limo company who's website says they offer this but they just emailed me saying they don't offer the classic cars anymore. Does anyone know where I might be able to look next?

Happy planning everyone!!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw that sounds so sweet, special, and intimate - love that! Do you have a bit of a "camp theme" kind of?

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So exciting! I loved loved dropping the invites in the mail Smiley heart I had some guests text me a photo of them receiving it with a text saying "be there!!!" eee all so exciting!

Sounds like you've done a lot of the planning so far - good job! I was also later in finding my shoes, I've read that is common on here. I ended up ordering from The Bay, a plain pair of white Nine West heel shoes. David's Bridal did have a decent selection as well just could not find what I was looking for.

• Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    240 days away...just under 8 months...and time is really flying now!! Hard to believe we've been engaged for almost a year!! Invites going out this weekend!! The venue, catering, photographer, flowers were all booked about 6 months ago. Bought my dress, ordered my wedding band, still looking for shoes 😬. Now getting into the fine details of decor etc. I feel like there is so much to do but I have all my lists and just keeping working on it! Super excited about it all!!
  • A
    Newbie July 2023 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    July 29! Working on finalizing the guest list and invitations.
    We are getting married at the season campsite and golf course we camp at, Silver Creek and we are so excited to have everything in one place and do the majority ourselves with friends and family.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats! Finding the dress is so special ❤ Are you having a smaller wedding or larger? I imagine depending on your vision and guest list size it may be hard to secure a venue with it only being 9 months away? Or are you finding not so much the case?
  • Carys
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Carys ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Planning for a wedding in September and still hunting down a venue! Going back and forth between a wedding here in Canada or having one abroad in the UK! But I got my dress this week so that was a huge win!
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hollywood theme, how fun! Very cool - I'm sure it will be a memorable time.

• Ashleigh
    Newbie July 2023 Alberta
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly I still have a ton to plan! August 26th is fast approaching but I’m also feeling extremely stressed and overwhelmed planning all this! I feel like I’m trying to bite off more than I can chew each new day of planning! So as for the next couple days I’m going to be taking a step back and take care of myself and get back in the right frame of mind! I still have to plan out the menu (my mom loves to cook so she’s making my entire menu and desert, like the angel she is 🥹) I still have to secure some decorations, finalize the guest list… I could keep going but it would basically be the works! I’m so thrilled I get to say “I do” this year.
  • K
    Newbie September 2023 Quebec
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Try Vizion multimedia, used them for my 1st wedding (2009).. and will for my second wedding too in September. Very affordable. https://vizion.ca/dj/

• K
    Newbie September 2023 Quebec
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

09-09-2023 wedding here! 2nd wedding for both of us so we decided on a small intimate wedding and guest list (30 ppl). We booked our venue, where our ceremony and reception will take place, back in July 2022 ....and then we took a looooong break from planning until January. Now that we're 2023 my brain is in full planning (& panic) mode lol Next on this list is a dress, been having nightmares that it was my wedding day and I had no dress to wear but my hair and makeup were done!

• Ron
    Newbie August 2023 Brestskaya obl.
    Ron ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is exciting and nerve racking at the same time making sure details are done. Invites are ready to go next and just fine tuning the details and poster to send out and begin the next phase to showtime.

Our wedding as it is not our first one will have the theme of Hollywood and emphasis is on the whole group being part of this social event. We are the stars, our children are the co-stars, the grandkids our the supporting cast, our parents are the special guests and the remainder are extras. Looking forward to the big red carpet fun filled time.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So exciting mailing the save the dates Smiley heart

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

August 12 nice! Our date was August 13 2022 Smiley smile

Love hearing about weddings taking place later in life! My husband is 51 and this is his 2nd marriage and really never thought he would be doing it again haha.

Sounds like you guys are on great track!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You got this! Smiley heart

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Menu selecting! so fun. I remember picking out our different appetizers and it was fun haha

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you! Those that are there should just be happy to celebrate you as a couple Smiley heart Also I feel like because it's 2023 now people should be less surprised with doing things differently Smiley smile

• S
    Newbie July 2023 British Columbia
    Selina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel the exact same way! Lots to do! You got this
  • M
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

September 9th! I have all the big vendors booked, working on decor and selecting the menu now.

• M
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same! I did so planning much the month after getting engaged then took a long break in the fall....it's go time now Smiley smile

• Ron
    Newbie August 2023 Brestskaya obl.
    Ron ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married August 12. We have all the contracts signed and now looking at flowers, decorations, wedding cakes but the big ticket costs already dealt with. We found the longest and sealants we’re getting addresses and emails from everyone. We are excited and looking forward to our day especially at our seasoned age.
  • Katharina
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Katharina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding date is October 21 and trying to keep it pop up style but I find it challenging because so many people in my circle are used to traditional weddings so I’m finding it challenging to keep it low budget and low key lol. Trying to keep everyone happy at the same time.
  • Samantha
    Newbie October 2023 Quebec
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting Married October 8th, and currently looking for a great DJ at an affordable price!
  • Maria
    Beginner May 2023 Alberta
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh! Sounds really pretty! I used Amazon Prime and watched deals! Might find something there Smiley smile
  • Maria
    Beginner May 2023 Alberta
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much. My love helped alot Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup! I started planning really early and then took a pause. Now, I feel like I'm in panic mode. There's so much to do! I'm trying to get my Save the Dates out.... Yikes!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics