Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madison
Newbie August 2024 Alberta

First Dance

Madison, on November 28, 2022 at 06:35 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
Hey friends! The hardest thing about my wedding is trying to find a first dance song for me and my soon to be husband. What song are you using? Give me some ideas.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Kaitlin, on January 7, 2023 at 04:28
  • K
    Curious September 2021 Alberta
    Kaitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was the one I always wanted! LOVE IT! we did dance to it just after he ceremony. Husband picked the one for the reception - some country song, I actually have no clue!

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Choosing a song was so hard, in the end we went with I’m with you by Vance Joy

• Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try to pick a song that makes you feel nostalgic, not necessarily on those top lists you see from Google. My husband and I made playlists through the years for each other and picked a song from one of those lists. We took dance lessons so we can make a routine that fits our unusual first dance song. It is called Oh, Tonight by Josh Abbott Band. Not the most romantic song and slow song. We danced the rumba to it (box-step). It really was the perfect song for us, and taking dance lessons made a new found hobby for us.

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used 'I Don't Want to Miss A Thing' by Aerosmith, from the 1998 movie 'Armageddon'. Our dance teacher and my wife's son also helped us cut it into a 2-part dance to 'get this party started' with Dan Davidson's 'Found'.
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are so many to choose from. We went with Metallica's Nothing Else Matters.

• Tracey
    Newbie October 2022 Alberta
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Send Me An Angel- Scorpions was our first song. After a couple minutes of just us we invited all couples to join us. We also did combined mother-son father-daughter dances and invited all others to join. It was great!!
  • S
    Newbie June 2024 Manitoba
    Steve ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me and my fiancee have chosen You - Dan and Shay. Super cute song and it's how we feel about eachother
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I want to grow old with you by Adam sandler. We both love his movies and that’s the only song I could find that’s short. Lol
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was a struggle for us too because we wanted something more personal to us, and also didn't want to be dancing for 3-4 mins. Plus we prefer harder rock/metal music so not much ballads there haha.
    We opted to go with an acoustic version of Foo Fighters Everlong and cut it half way to the original version that lead into the dance party. It was an absolute hit and everyone was telling us how awesome it was.

My suggestion is think outside the box. You don't have to go for a super slow ballad or something off a list. Are there any artists you both like? Go through there discography and see if anything clicks. Plus lots of musicians also cover songs, I used a violin cover a Zelda song for my entrance.
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haven’t 100% confirmed but “what I love about you” by Logan mize
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I LOVE this one! Such a feel good song Smiley heart

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here's ours! We found a dance tutorial on Youtube so we'll be following that.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I used Lonestar - Amazed as our first dance song

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics