Skip to main content
Baria
Baria

'', Quebec · From January 2020

Got engaged on Christmas day (FH knew to pick a date I'll remember, I always forget our anniversary 🙈) proposal was in matching pijamad and only my... View more

Got engaged on Christmas day (FH knew to pick a date I'll remember, I always forget our anniversary 🙈) proposal was in matching pijamad and only my daughter knew about it. While we talked about marriage for the past 3 years, I never thought of the "when he propose " mynreaction was : blank stare, mind grasping what is happening, asking myself why is he on his knees, total blockage of my brain, everything went slow motion, his shaking hand and the panic stare on my daughter's face snapped me back to reality, and my answer was "sure, of course, yes" (lame! Lame lame) poor guy was apparently on his knee for 3 minutes while I gave a total silence.... then I started shaking. Wedding, chateau royal, ceremony layola chapel in Concordia university where he graduated. Having a non denominal wedding, but adding a touch of religion. Elegant style, lots of DIY incorporating his late mother's diy ribbons and smalls items I saved. Incorporating few items to represent those dear to us that are no longer with us. TBT I wanted a destination wedding, something simple but he insisted on the big thing. Simple? 200 guests, foods and alcohol running all night. Henna party the night before, parents host next day.. 3 day wedding. It will be as simple as pir bank accounts 😂

Happily married 🎉

July 23, 2022

613days 18hrs
Baria
2 veils at once?
Baria, On March 11, 2022 at 00:00

I have a chapel lengh veil with pearls which I Love. Back story. It was purchased to wear with a dress that had enough lace at the bottom and on the dress to fall at the exact lengh without an edge....

JamesbuirmCX, tuesday 15-Mar-22 5
Deanna
Bridesmaid Dresses
Deanna, On December 26, 2020 at 21:10

With the stores being closed and I'm getting married in June, the local stores here like davids bridal dont think they'll be able to get my dresses in on time. Need alternate ideas which leads me to...

Linda, wednesday 13-Jan-21 12
Kristen
Wedding venue booked! Oct 2022 (so far away)
Kristen, On December 13, 2020 at 15:34

My fiancé and I got engaged about a month ago (Nov 7). We were originally thinking getting married October 2021 but our chosen venue was already booked up. They had availability August 2021 but we...

Chloe, wednesday 6-Jan-21 28
Amanda
covid 19 Vaccine Approved
Amanda, On December 9, 2020 at 15:50

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen! It looks like we FINALLY got the approval and Vaccinations are to start next week! This is looking very HOPEFUL for the 2021 Brides and Grooms. I am hoping this helps reduce...

Rachelle, tuesday 12-Jan-21 45 1
Kristen
Walking Down the Aisle Alone
Kristen, On December 7, 2020 at 12:30

I am wondering if there are any brides out there that are planning to 'give themselves away'? I am planning to but am feeling a bit alone in this, it seems that there is a lot of expectation I should...

Carly, tuesday 26-Oct-21 58 1
Baria
Officiant/celebrant
Baria, On August 11, 2020 at 11:46

Hello community. I was wondering how long did it take your officiant/celebrant search took to reply to you? I started searching, requested few quotes and information but no response. (Had spoke with a...

Vinod, tuesday 18-Aug-20 11
Symone
Feeling defeated
Symone, On August 10, 2020 at 03:04

My fiancé and I were supposed to be getting married in 18 days, I pickup up my dress a month and a half ago and got our bridesmaids dresses and because of the postponing decided to hire a videographer...

Alexandra, wednesday 12-Aug-20 23
Tanya
Bridesmaid dresses
Tanya, On December 12, 2019 at 09:41

Hi everyone I Am feeling pretty discouraged reading some of the reviews about online bridesmaid dresses. I have 7 to buy so definitely don’t want a bad experience. ICan anyone recommend a website...

Baria, monday 20-Jul-20 14
Desiree
Online dress shopping
Desiree, On June 18, 2020 at 20:11

David bridal has a pretty decent sale on right now online, I found a dress I’m in awe with I’m just curious has anyone order from them before wondering the quality of the dresses and if anyone had...

Baria, monday 20-Jul-20 6
Sarah
Continue planning or pause?
Sarah, On June 14, 2020 at 09:41

Hello! We’re getting married in January 2021 (hopefully!) ... due to COVID-19, I’m not sure if we should keep planning and booking vendors or if we should wait a bit to see if we will even be able to...

Ashley, saturday 20-Jun-20 33
Baria
Summer 2021 wedding
Baria, On May 27, 2020 at 13:13

Hello to all beautiful summer brides of 2021. I'm trying to connect with all summer brides of that year to share planning ideas. My WD is july 17th 2021, I have almost everything booked except the...

Marsha, tuesday 16-Jun-20 6
Baria
Flowers
Baria, On February 8, 2020 at 17:27

Hello. Any thoughts of DIY bouquets vs real flowers?

Lauren, friday 12-Jun-20 55 2
Shaney
Any July 2021 brides??
Shaney, On November 18, 2019 at 18:27

Hey anyone else getting married summer of 2021!

Baria, friday 29-May-20 13
Genna
Light in the box wedding dress question
Genna, On February 28, 2020 at 21:48

Has anyone ordered a few dresses from them so you could try them on to see what you like then sent them back?

Baria, tuesday 26-May-20 5
C
To wear the dress or to not wear the dress?!
Cybelle, On May 21, 2020 at 19:34

I need some fellow bride opinions please Our wedding was due to happen this July, and it was going to be immediately family only (for a total of 10 people). My family was travelling over from...

Haylee, saturday 23-May-20 9
Adri
Advice - reception
Adri, On January 7, 2020 at 21:46

Hello to all I'm really lost planning my wedding, we are going to have 55 persons (family and close friends only). Its better to do in a restaurant or rent only the space and find the suppliers?...

Baria, wednesday 19-Feb-20 9
Adri
Couples getting married on July 17, 2021 in Quebec
Adri, On December 13, 2019 at 21:03

Hello! I'm getting married in July 2021... I beginning my research because I don't know anything about weddings in Montreal ♥️😁

Baria, wednesday 19-Feb-20 4
Alana
Planning with a longer engagement
Alana, On February 11, 2020 at 15:58

Hi everyone! We are getting married on Aug. 1, 2021. And we will have been engaged for two years by the time we are married. Not a super long engagement but I still feels to early to start. We’ve...

Taylor, tuesday 3-Mar-20 29
amysousa
First Look - What do we do?
amysousa, On February 17, 2020 at 08:54

Originally I didn't want to do a first look and have it all be a surprise for my husband-to-be, but we're going to be seeing each other the entire morning before the wedding since we don't have much...

amysousa, tuesday 10-Mar-20 18
T
Processional Timing
Taylor, On February 18, 2020 at 10:12

We are trying to figure out the timeline for our ceremony and aren't sure how many songs we need for our processional. We don't have a huge wedding party (3 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen walking down as...

Ashley, tuesday 10-Mar-20 15 1
Genna
Considering wedding cupcake but need this 1 question answered
Genna, On February 8, 2020 at 15:45

I'm loving this idea but is that a mini cake at the very top or a fake? If it's real is that just for the bride and groom to cut? Is it extra? How do these things work and is it really worth it...

Heidi, tuesday 3-Mar-20 16
Elizabeth
Mandatory Spray Tans??
Elizabeth, On February 8, 2020 at 14:33

Hey Everyone! I’m getting married in August 2021 and I’m having a bit of difficulty with my little sister about spray tanning! My other 4 bridesmaids and myself are all on board to get a light glow...

Elizabeth, sunday 8-Mar-20 13
Erin
Flower alternatives?
Erin, On January 24, 2020 at 22:52

Hi everyone - I'm looking for some guidance/suggestions! We are getting married in November, and I'm currently pricing flowers. I did anticipated a high cost, but it's still more than I was thinking....

Baria, saturday 8-Feb-20 30 1

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics