Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Baria
Curious July 2022 Quebec

Flowers

Baria, on February 8, 2020 at 17:27 Posted in DIY 2 55
Hello.

Any thoughts of DIY bouquets vs real flowers?

55 Comments

Latest activity by Lauren, on June 12, 2020 at 21:05
  • Lauren
    Beginner June 2023 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I just googled free svg flower files. I also payed for a few on Etsy and made a few myself.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where did you find the tutorials for these? I'm obsessed!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These look amazing!!
  • Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They are gorgeous
  • S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just made these for our upcoming wedding.

Flowers 1

• Lauren
    Beginner June 2023 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made my bouquet out of paper. I love that I can keep it forever.

Flowers 2

• Nicole
    Newbie June 2022 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been debating that myself. My friend bought fake flowers for all her bouquets and made them up. They looked so good! Plus the flowers keep their colour foreverSmiley winking
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fake is less expensive than real and ready made on amazon, ebay, etsy and other sites if you want a bouquet done.

Creating your own is also a project that is your personal touch for the day. The colours and flowers you put together can have the look you want wrapped or just a bow tie to hold everything in place.

• Tiffany
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers 3
    I bought this bouquet from Hobby Lobby for $7. Holla! I am adding to it with a few more flowers to make it a bit bigger and some sparkle as well.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have never done any sort of bouquet work before, definitely fake. Florists usually have to order about double the flowers they need because of wilting, damages, etc while working with them and that's an expert. Fake flowers are a lot more forgiving and it'll be less frustrating to still have them look their best if you need to make little tweaks! :-)

• T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw fake all the way! I’m doing fake flowers as well because it helps alleviate my stress and panic the day of. I looked up Costco flowers, which are much cheaper than most places, but the hassle of having someone pick it up, arrange them etc. the day of would be too stressful for me. Real flowers are beautiful but for me, artificial flowers are the better option. I would say, so what YOU want to do!
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers 4
    Working on my sola flowers. I will be adding greenery and babys breath. Also more blush pink
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought fake ones. i plan to keep my bouqet displayed in our living room plus i got mine with all jewels.!!

• S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers 5
    I just received my order of sola wood flowers. I'm soooo excited!!

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom has pretty much sold me on faux flowers because of the ability to make them before hand!!! I was stressing myself so much about the things that could go wrong with a flower delivery but this solves that for me... I think it definitely depends on your preference tho! Some people have always seen their wedding with beautiful real flowers as an important part for them, others maybe never gave it that much thought (like me!) and so it didn’t matter either way; so I chose the one that caused me less hassle 😅😅
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just ordered 200 sola wood flowers yesterday. I'm soooo excited!!!
  • Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tha k you such everyone for all suggestions and sharing , you ladies rock!
    Ended up settling half half. Ceremony will be fake flowers, bridal bouquet costco (yes cheap too) will be putting the bouquet together myself and attach them with a diy ribbon. Reception candles as center pieces.
  • Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love it. Beautiful
  • Clarise
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Clarise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bunches direct has some pretty terrifying reviews..😱
  • Clarise
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Clarise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Looked into this Callia online florist! The flowers look great on their website. Gonna wait for my quote. Could be a great option, just we'll still need a florist for the balcony arrangements that I need.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers 6
    I had this one custom made on amazon of all places.Picked my colours and had stuff added and removed etc.I absolutely love it and found the $70 worth every penny as I can keep it forever.Flowers 7

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers 8
    These were $6 on amazon and are perfect for my maid of honour and a tossing bouquet.We are doing LED candles for centre pieces and silk wisteria vines for floral decor.
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ended up using fake flowers for the bouquets but we got real ones for the church. I wanted to be able to keep my bouquet and still have it look good. Plus the other upside is that it's way cheaper!
  • Raveena
    Newbie February 2020 British Columbia
    Raveena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im using fake flowers for my bouquets and ordered them from wish and amazon, they look amazing. My big day is Feb 22, ill post pics.

• VicGin
    Beginner August 2020 British Columbia
    VicGin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have looked into both options; DIY fake, and getting Costco flowers and trying to put something together. However, in the end I decided to go with a local florist but prices were insane, so after much research I have gone with Callia Flowers an online florist. They look beautiful and all reviews I have seen online are great. Yes, the choice is only between three types of bouquet (pastel, neutral and bright), but I plan on going for the bright and adding in a few dahlias to get the look I'm after....it's also costing me considerably less than I was quoted by florists in town.

https://callia.com/en-US/pages/weddings

• Karlie
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Karlie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Heyo, yes! Congratulations btw, Smiley smile When is your wedding?
    So, my hub and I are doing a very low budget elopement style wedding in May.

I've opt'd for faux flowers because not only are they cost effective (you can get nice looking ones from the dollar store that range from 1 to 4 dollars for a bunch.) I did see some faux bouquets made inexpensive at winners about $12 plus tax, other craft stores may have some premade boquets, but I'm going the route of picking the individual flowers and then tossing something together hahaa

With faux flowers you do not have to worry about them wilting or not looking "perfect" day of because you already picked the ones you like and since they're fake theoretically they will look just as perfect on the day of.

Fresh flowers for tables or bouquet skyrockets the price and if the flowers don't come in, or don't come in looking nice then it causes problems you can just avoid.

Frankly for me, it's not worth risking.

I bought some ribbons and a gluegun (had to fix my tiara I ordered from amazon anyway -.- ) to make a bouquet, I imagine it can't be that hard hahaa, just going to lay out some combination of flowers and see how it looks, add some ribbons and such.

Now keep in mind that this is only a wedding with 5 people including myself and the groom, so we don't really have anyone we need to "impress" in any way, but obviously I want things to look nice Smiley smile

I also ordered faux flower garland off amazon of pink flowers and green leaves to create the altar style arch on the wall where we will do our vows. For $25 on amazon got a 3pk of faux silk flower garland and they look fine when they came in, need a little room to breathe and to puff them out but they will serve nicely.

• Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing idea and will definitely be rewarding.
  • Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Reaching out.. thank you. I
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They’re both beautiful, even dried flowers can be really pretty. I chose fake flowers, because I love crafting and I had so much fun hunting for the supplies I needed to make them. Our wedding is in the winter so it was another reason I went with fake flowers, I also plan on having my bouquet on display somewhere in my home and my mind first went to fake ones, the price is good too.

• Kristen
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, that’s too far from us. Apparently there are a couple bulk places an hr or so away, but my fiancé really doesn’t want the work lol.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did buy them. I bought mine through luv sola flowers. They had a massive black friday sale I saved 80%. I have seen lots of sales for 60% off since then. It is in American and there can be duty. I had one shipment with duty and one without out. They also have a group you can join that had a million (give or take) tips on how to dye and arrange the flowers.
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you buy them? What vendor/website?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics