Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

covid 19 Vaccine Approved

Amanda, on December 9, 2020 at 15:50 Posted in WeddingWire 1 45

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen!

It looks like we FINALLY got the approval and Vaccinations are to start next week! This is looking very HOPEFUL for the 2021 Brides and Grooms. I am hoping this helps reduce restrictions this way we have the opportunity to have a "somewhat" normal wedding. They also said they are expected to receive 4 Million Vaccines by March 2021.

What do you think about this Vaccine? Will you be taking it?

It seems they will not make it Mandatory BUT will put restrictions on those who don't which I will assume would be Flying as a major one... That being said, I am leaning towards taking it as I would like to go on my Honeymoon and if the Vaccine is required... Well... I have my hands tied!

Anyways, sorry for my rant but this does excite me A LOT! How are you feeling about this?

45 Comments

Latest activity by Rachelle, on January 12, 2021 at 09:08
  • Rachelle
    Beginner July 2021 Nova Scotia
    Rachelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know it’s so exciting 158 days !
  • Naomi
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What part of Alberta
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hopefully once it's time for the general public to get vaccinated those 8 will see that it's worth getting since they'll have months and months to see others getting vaccinated without adverse effects. I suppose it's likely those friends (and some of the other 29 in the general public) won't even be eligible for a vaccine before July though and this may become a moot point for the purposes of your wedding. But it's definitely a weight off to know so many of your guests will be vaccinated regardless.

• Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m hoping that it’ll become the law for air travel between provinces. My Alberta family is getting vaccinated. So it’s just 8 people I’m hoping will change their minds and get it.

We only are having 100 to our wedding.50 are elderly or healthcare workers so should be vaccinated sooner than later. (A few have already gotten their first dose!!) Another 20 are frontline workers who should be vaccinated ahead of the general public. And then 29 of us are the general public who will have to wait. 1 is fully exempt. And 8 of those 29 are friends who think the vaccines are fake or poison. If 90/100 are vaccinated we should have heard immunity?
  • Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's frustrating and I'm sorry you have to plan around other people's ignorance in addition to everything else. Especially because there is zero evidence any of the approved covid vaccines are dangerous to the general population (or any modern vaccines for that matter).

I know some people are planning to require that their guests get vaccinated. Obviously if someone is unable to be vaccinated for legitimate reasons they would be exempt, but otherwise they're taking a hard stance. Do you think they'd reconsider being vaccinated if they needed it to attend your wedding?

• Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    However, my one concern is 2/4 of my bridesmaids are from Alberta and they think the vaccine is unsafe. I use to live in a community where 30% of people are vaccinated so it’s a common belief out there that vaccines are poison. So my concern is my wedding party being able to come to the wedding and what restrictions they may have for not taking it
  • Alexis
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be taking it as soon as I can when it is available to me. I figure the more people to have taken it at my wedding the less risk of it being transmitted to anyone. I’m choosing to trust the vaccine and not participate in any theories some may have against it
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes! You should be more than fine (crossing our fingers) for 2022 as they said we should have "heard immunity" by summer 2021!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!! I am super excited as well... the butterflies are already starting just thinking about it!!!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the way you think!

• Jordan
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Jordan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am so excited about the vaccine! My wedding isn’t until 2022 but I feel we will definitely be dealing with the repercussions of the virus. I can’t wait to get the vaccine!
  • Rachelle
    Beginner July 2021 Nova Scotia
    Rachelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Amazing makes me so happy I cannnot wait 169 days !!!
  • Olivia
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My thoughts exactly!
  • Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here's how I see it, (no hating anyone, just my opinion) .. what am I more afraid of? A vaccine or the virus. 😉
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am in the same boat as you! I am very excited and optimistic! I am crossing my fingers for all of us! Smiley smile

• Darren
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just knowing that the approved vaccines have begun is so refreshing. My fiancé & I are very optimistic that once it’s available to more people, the numbers will come down and things can change a bit. We’re gonna take it & if all goes well our wedding will happen within the province’s guidelines.
  • Y
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Yegana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you don't mind me asking with 40 person wedding, where are you having it? my fiancé and I are trying to find a nice venue with less than 50 people.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Woohooo I am praying for you girl! How nice if after all of this you get it the way you planned! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am with you on this! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HAHA I am happy you you wrote this & thank you !!!!!! Smiley xd
    Yes as you mentioned at this point this is the "light at the end of the tunnel" hopefully lol.
    I am feeling good about it and I am hoping to stay this way! Smiley smile

• Trish
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan to take it as soon as I am able, but I think I'll be near the back of the line due to my personal circumstances (i.e. I work from home). I think there's a pretty good chance that a good chunk of our guest list will have had the opportunity and taken it, given the collection of ages, professions, etc. I have my fingers way way way crossed that our 40-person September 2021 wedding can go forward as planned. Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to be taking the vaccine for sure. It might delay our trying for our first child but if it means we’re safe and can keep our family and friends safe, we will do our part.
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly how I feel! Smiley heart
  • Melanie
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well said and I agree with you!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Phew - this is my first post in awhile haha! But feels like a great post to be posting on. I am with you on the optimistic feeling. I know the vaccinations will not change everything overnight, and I know it will take awhile to achieve herd immunity etc but honestly this is literally the only light at the end of the tunnel we have. The most recent timeline announced was that we could be at 50% immunized by end of Q2 and then wide spread vaccinations will begin start of Q3 with the potential for everyone who wants it to be vaccinated by end of September. So this sounds positive to me that we are on our way back to normal. Of course anything could and might go wrong that will delay this but here is to hoping! I think that once the most vulnerable are vaccinated and we see hospitals and deaths decline, then there will be somewhat loosening on restrictions so Summer 2021 is looking better to me then before! I plan to take the vaccine as soon as it is my turn, I have done more research on these vaccines then I have done since writing post secondary papers (maybe even more ha) and I trust the science behind it. PLUS I WANT MY WEDDING IN OCTOBER LOL.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, Hopefully that is him cheering not screaming hahaha Smiley xd - Kind of looks like Deadpool without his mask! lmao

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This guy would make a fun groomsmen though, don't you think? Smiley xd

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Normal is still a FAR way out I completely agree, when I say I am hoping for a somewhat normal wedding, I mean YES masks will be likely, but I am hoping I can have MORE people than what we are allowed now, in addition I hope DANCING will be allowed at that point... Just crossing my fingers and hoping for the very best!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HAHAHAHA Yes lets hope no one turns into those things lol

• Christiana
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Approval and initial rollout of the vaccine is definitely a very positive step forward and I'll absolutely be getting vaccinated when I'm able to.

WIth that being said, as a healthy 31 year old who is not a frontline health care worker, I'm not expecting to even be eligible for a vaccination until summer 2021 at the earliest. Unfortunately I think many of the restrictions we have now regarding social distancing and mask wearing will continue for the better portion of 2021 and we won't be seeing a massive relaxing of restrictions until late in the year and potentially not until early 2022. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd be surprised if summer 2021 weddings can proceed with less restrictions than summer 2020 weddings (which should have had way more restrictions IMO).

But obviously the positive side to all of this is the most vulnerable will be vaccinated first and hospitalizations and deaths should decrease in the early part of 2021, making it safer for the elderly and vulnerable to socialize in person. I'm just not expecting to go back to anything close to normal for quite a while still.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The government said by year end of 2021, there will be enough after production ramps so that anyone in Canada who wants it will get it. It's like disposable medical masks - remember how it cost $50 for a small box at one point? But once producers got a groove of making them, they're practically giving them away. I imagine they will take the first half of 2021 to monitor the progress of those who took it and make sure we don't become those things in I Am Legend.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    NB is only getting enough to dose 900 people in our first round because the focus is on Ontario and Quebec. So the government is definitely planning to hit the worst spots first!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics