Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristen
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Wedding venue booked! Oct 2022 (so far away)

Kristen, on December 13, 2020 at 15:34 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28
My fiancé and I got engaged about a month ago (Nov 7). We were originally thinking getting married October 2021 but our chosen venue was already booked up. They had availability August 2021 but we decided that was just too soon with the current situation. So we picked our official date and we are now booked October 1, 2022. I am so excited but it feel so far away! We went from full speed ahead wedding planning to having all the time in the world. I’m super happy we decided to wait because this way we can enjoy the social celebrations but it it is also a very weird time not having any wedding activities/parties until a year from now. Anyone else relate?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Chloe, on January 6, 2021 at 21:47
  • Chloe
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on the engagement!

I can totally relate to you, Kristen. I got engaged on December 25th, 2020, and was so looking forward to planning a wedding for 2021 BUT with COVID-19 it just wasn't going to be possible. 2022 might seem far away but I think it is going to sneak up faster than we think! I am in the same boat full speed ahead with wedding planning. I am also joining the military and will be leaving for a few months so things will get interesting and a lot of my wedding planning will be left to the groom, mom, and my bridesmaid so I am currently trying to get the big things out of the way now.

I wish you all the best on your planning journey!! Exciting times for sureSmiley ring

• Jordan
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Jordan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I also booked for 2022! There was a lot of pressure from my family to have the wedding this year but I also just didn’t feel comfortable with planning a wedding when things are still so uncertain. It is a long ways away but worth it to have the weddings we’ve dreamed of! And plenty of brides are rescheduling their weddings so it’s still a rush to get everything you want booked for 2022. I have a feeling this year will fly by! Congratulations on your engagement!
  • Felicia
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    Felicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! We got engaged this year at thanksgiving, and our wedding is not until may 2022 Smiley smile So much easier having everything planned now! The only issue I am running into is that whenever i want to talk about the wedding, people seem to get annoyed cus its "so far away"

• Kristina
    Kristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked for October 2022 as well! I am doing school come January, and another member of our immediate family s getting married in August of 2021 so waiting, although it feels far away is actually really helpful o we can save more, do more and hopefully have covid-19 off our backs. Our goal/plan is to cash fund our entire wedding so we can start our life together debt free!

• Ashley
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We chose July 9th 2022 as well! Things for 2021 booked up fast and since we have been together for 13 years already we figured whats an extra year!

Congrats to both of you !!

• Soraya
    Beginner August 2024 Ontario
    Soraya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the same way. I got engaged last week and We were thinking to get married on September 2021 but with the Covid situation we decided to get married September 2022. This feels so far away but I’m still super excited to organize my wedding. Most of my family members live in the United States so this me a lot of time and at the same time I have no idea where to start.
  • M
    Meg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! My partner and I got engaged on December 13 and are planning on getting married in 2022. We are flexible with our dates and time of year, but we are having such a hard time picking a venue! It's so nice to have lots of time to plan and with the current shutdown, my partner and I are taking our time with our decisions. It is giving us something to look forward to and we had thought having lots of time would reduce the stress. I think I will feel better once we have picked a venue.

• Baria
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Baria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I booked everything 18 months prior. Had months and months to shop around for other details, find that deal. Went in a wedding fever for 4 months, took a break from it for 4, and then back a bit. WD is in 7 months and guess what? Zero stress! Got everything ready. Lol did a bunch of dyi projects. Search and found THE dress at the fraction of price (haha).
    Relax, enjoy, think of all th3 details you want, your head will spin, and trust me, you'll love that time.
    Congratulation!
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your advice! If this 2021 flies by anything like this year did, the wedding will be here in no time!
  • Sarah
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kristen,

Congrats on your engagement! I got engaged on December 07 and we set our date for August 22, 2022 because we also wanted to be able to enjoy the celebrations with our family & friends. It seems SO far away and a little crazy to be doing so much planning already but I’m so excited! Smiley xd

• Cole
    Newbie June 2022 Alberta
    Cole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! We got engaged August 2020. We're planning for June 2022. We never even considered 2021 just for the fact of time to save the money up. As we started planning and meeting with vendors virtually, we've been told and have learned that it's actually a smart decision. We're getting the "covid-pricing" for things that have ended up cheaper than what was previous. Such things as plated and buffet pricing is the same because they can't do buffet. Normally plated service is more than buffet as they wouldn't have had to staff as many people for buffet. It's also a nice excuse the cut some questionable people that would have had to of been obligatory invites. Another vendor said it was smart as a lot are and have been getting pushed to 2022 so having our date locked in is great!

• Colleen
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a two year engagement and let me tell you it flies by! Now mind you part of my engagement has been during COVID but there’s still so much that can be done. I liked having the time to do little bits of planning in the middle of the busyness of everyday life, rather than running around like crazy and then being exhausted for the day. Just remember to give yourself deadlines so that you don’t push it all off until the year before!

Congrats and best of luck!
  • Hailey
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!! This is so exciting. We’re in the same boat. Just booked for September 10th 2022 and feel like it’s so far away. It’s also been really sad not being able to celebrate as we also got engaged in November and now we’re in lockdown. What’s getting us through are the little things we can work on for our wedding day. Signs, cards, crafting, etc. Try to get your bridal party involved virtually as well with a glass of wine. Hope this helps!
  • Victoria
    Newbie October 2022 New Brunswick
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement!! I got engaged in July 2019, with the plan to get married October 9, 2020. We had the expensive items booked with deposits. I was getting so excited, had my dress, our rings were already purchased, and we were on track for our date. But due to Covid, we decided to push it back another year and now it's scheduled for October 8, 2022. We're getting married in New Brunswick and we currently live in Alberta, and same with most of our bridal party and my parents. My Fiancée's family live on the east coast, and her parents are older than mine and we determined that it wasn't fair or safe to put either side in jeopardy, health wise or travel wise. Though it wasn't an easy decision, I'm glad that we are able to save longer and we can now schedule an engagement session that we weren't planning on having.

• Nicole
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the Engagement Smiley diamond

I too got engaged on Nov 7th, and we are planning for July 9 2022... The first date we had picked in 2022 was already booked Smiley xd so we went with our now date. And since we live in a small town there is only 2 places to hold a wedding. I have booked all the things and now the fun part. I think having the long engagement will be great this is both of our second marriages but he wants this to be a big event all about our love - he is the 'pinning" king and wants to help with all the things Smiley heart

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!
    Booking the venue for 2022 is great to know your saving up for the wedding of your dream. The time in between is worth spending with everyone close to you.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement! I know how you feel (Sort of) in the sense that we went gung ho when we got engaged (July 2019) we booked our wedding for August of this year and had everything ready to go and had a year to wait. With covid we post-poned to May 2021 and we are once again just sitting around. No bridal shower, no bachelorette/bachelor party ect. That being said time is flying! We cant believe we are once again only 5 months away. Just think this actually will take a lot of stress off in the end! Smiley smile

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A positive from this is, you have more time to save some money if certain things were out of your budget before.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started planning 2 years before our date. Which I can hardly believe would have been about two months away right now if it wasn't for covid. We added another year which really put a damper on everything for most of the summer but I think I'm getting excited again....
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Taking things as they come is probably the best thing we can do at this moment in time! Smiley smile I know some of our friends are like "oh just get married already who cares". I'm like no! My fiance and I both decided that we only want to have one wedding and if that means we have to wait a little extra to have most of our family and friends there with us, then that's what we're going to do.

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats! 3 years wow! I can see how it’s important to be flexible and take things as they come because life is so unpredictable right now! I’m happy to hear you got to take advantage of the extra time to plan your perfect day! I’m sure I’ll be doing the same.
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats! Very good point “brainstorming stage” it is! I’m sure time will fly by as 2020 went by in a flash!
  • Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats to you! I couldn’t agree more. Although it feels like a far away date, it’ll be great to take our time and plan everything. Also getting first dibs on the vendors we want is very important! I feel like what I want now could even change slightly to the actual date which is nice because we have that flexibility to gather new ideas! Good luck to you & happy planning!
  • Kathleen
    Newbie August 2022 Alberta
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married Aug 6 2022! We had a similar situation in having a popular wedding venue and being worried with Covid (both of our families live in the States). It does feel so weird - the planning and excitement seems to come in waves! I say "We're in the brainstorming stage" and once Save the Dates go out the real planning will start.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement! My fiance and I are in a long engagement. It'll be 3 years December 25th! If it wasn't for covid, we would already be married but we postponed until August 2021.

Even though your date is a long ways away, it gives you more time to really plan on what you really want in your wedding and make it perfect! That's what my fiance and I have done with all of this extra time. Enjoy the planning!

• Shelly
    Curious July 2022 British Columbia
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Kristen! I also got engaged November this year and my wedding is planned for July 31 2022. Although it feels like a long way away I think this is actually a blessing in disguise. We get to have first dibs on vendors that are popular (especially since our wedding will be on a long weekend) and have lots of time to plan decor and DIY projects. You can also think about your vision for the wedding (how you want the ceremony to go, research different wedding entertainment activities, pinterest a butt load of ideas etc). So even though the wedding may be further away then you had originally wanted, there are still lots of things you can do and plan ahead of time! :-)

• Kristen
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! And yes that is true. We are taking in all the small things and it will be nice to not be rushed! I appreciate the advice Smiley smile
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! We also had a long engagement (1.5 years which turned to 2.5 years due to covid.

Congrats! Your time will slowly come Smiley smile enjoy the little things and not stressing so much Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics