Skip to main content
Sarah
Sarah

'Surrey', British Columbia · From March 2018

We postponed our wedding due to covid-19 it’s been an emotional rollercoaster to say the least 🎢 After many tears I realized that we have already been... View more

We postponed our wedding due to covid-19 it’s been an emotional rollercoaster to say the least 🎢 After many tears I realized that we have already been together for 11 years and have an amazing blended family so one more isn’t going to hurt us.If you want to chat or ask any questions I’m here 💜

Happily married 🎉

August 29, 2021

1022days 17hrs

Discussions

Sarah
Who else is having a covid-19 party if their date is postponed?
Sarah of WeddingWire, On May 24, 2020 at 17:51

I have decided that if covid-19 forced me to reschedule our wedding that we will host a socially distanced house party on what should be our wedding date. I’m buying a second dress hoping and praying...

Cindy, tuesday 26-May-20 9 183
Sarah
Just a rave about my amazing vendors
Sarah of British Columbia, On May 16, 2020 at 01:06

So as we all know covid-19 is turning into quite the issue for anyone trying to get married in 2020 and it sucks!I just wanted to give a huge shout out to my amazing Photographer Sarah from Photistica...

Sarah, sunday 17-May-20 1 58
Sarah
What are you wearing under your dress?
Sarah of Wedding fashion, On February 29, 2020 at 23:52

For some weird reason I always thought you had to wear your sexiest lingerie under your wedding dress so I was shocked to hear of a friend wearing comfy undies under her dress.My dress is strapless so...

Amanda, friday 15-May-20 23 342
Sarah
Anyone else freaking out about August?
Sarah of WeddingWire, On April 19, 2020 at 13:32

This pandemic is really screwing my plans up.That might sound selfish to many but whatever.I go to work 40 hours a week to provide for my family as an essential service worker so I have a right to be...

Eden, friday 1-May-20 94 3,159
Sarah
How many of you keep finding your exact colours?
Sarah of DIY, On February 20, 2020 at 16:09

Hey ladies I’m super curious how many of you have been blessed with finding everything in your colour scheme without any issues?I either know my colours on different screens flawlessly or I have...

BunnyBride, friday 13-Mar-20 8 148
Sarah
Guaranteed tmi for many but...
Sarah of Beauty, On February 29, 2020 at 17:18

What the heck do you do if your cycle shows up on your wedding day?I’m still 6 months away from the big day and maybe it’s due to the stress of budgeting for a wedding, juggling kids and working 7...

Sarah, friday 6-Mar-20 16 370
Sarah
Songs for teenage boys to dance to with their mama
Sarah of Wedding reception, On March 5, 2020 at 22:13

So I have three handsome as heck strong willed teens in my life and I need to find a song for each of them to dance to with me on my wedding day.All of the songs I have been finding seem to be for...

Sarah, friday 6-Mar-20 6 356
Sarah
How far out did everyone send invitations?
Sarah of Before the wedding, On February 29, 2020 at 22:54

Our wedding is August 29th very few out of town guests and we have already given out save the dates back in November.So when do we send the invites?I am the type of person to receive a wedding...

Stiffra, friday 6-Mar-20 20 184
Sarah
Stop over spending on bow ties
Sarah of Wedding fashion, On February 20, 2020 at 15:58

So I’m naturally very thrifty but prefer brand new items when I can find a good deal..I was worried when I kept hearing people talk about the good deal ($50) tie they purchased at the mall and...

Sarah, tuesday 25-Feb-20 5 100
Sarah
Flower children
Sarah of Before the wedding, On December 19, 2019 at 00:23

Our venue doesn’t allow throwing flower petals so I’m kind of stumped on what to have the flower children boys and girls do while they walk down the aisle.I bought 2 little bouquets for the girls and...

Sarah, friday 20-Dec-19 6 102
Sarah
Tea cups at a wedding?
Sarah of Wedding reception, On November 23, 2019 at 19:52

We have collected tons of mis matched china plates and now my dad has given me tons of China tea cups and saucers.I absolutely love them but my FH isn’t so crazy about the added clutter 😢 so I’m...

Sarah, tuesday 3-Dec-19 8 80
Sarah
How much did you spend on booze for 150 people
Sarah of British Columbia, On October 24, 2019 at 22:47

I’m wondering how much money everyone budgeted for a wedding of 150 people when doing a toonie bar? What kind of booze did you provide? I will have a slushy machine so that I can drink my pina coladas...

Sarah, friday 25-Oct-19 4 99
Sarah
Slushy machines in Mapleridge?
Sarah of British Columbia, On October 19, 2019 at 15:12

Does anyone know who rents slushy machines?I have found one company so far but would like to see what all of my options are.

Sarah, tuesday 22-Oct-19 2 42
Sarah
Budget friendly bar options?
Sarah of Plan a wedding, On September 27, 2019 at 18:53

We have a bartender who is charging a decent rate and are curious what everyone else did for the bar. option one we do a toonie bar where we supply all of the booze,mix,cups and straws etc but get to...

Ashley, tuesday 1-Oct-19 3 99
Sarah
We got our engagement photos back 😍
Sarah of British Columbia, On September 24, 2019 at 16:49

I stumbled across an old Facebook memory today about my plan to delay the wedding until 2014 I laughed so hard.Our photographer ended up sending me a few of our edited photos right after this and I...

Cliodhna, friday 27-Sep-19 2 46
Sarah
Looking for something a little cheeky for my step sons sign
Sarah of DIY, On August 11, 2019 at 21:15

So we have been engaged forever and are finally at a point where we are 100% ready to get married and make it all official..We have engagement photos coming up in a couple of weeks and because our...

Sarah, tuesday 24-Sep-19 9 111
Sarah
Cash bars what did you charge?
Sarah of Plan a wedding, On September 15, 2019 at 21:40

My fiancé and I wanted to do a toonie bar to prevent some of the waste that comes with an open bar.My auntie thinks $2 isn’t enough and will only lead to people getting hammered and causing...

Sarah, wednesday 18-Sep-19 9 1,405
Sarah
What would you consider reasonable pricing?
Sarah of Wedding reception, On June 30, 2019 at 17:51

What would you be willing to pay for the following services?Would you want individual prices for each service so that you can pick and choose what you need?Gazebo decor set up Chair set upCeremony...

Ashley, monday 26-Aug-19 5 125
Sarah
Where did you buy your linens?
Sarah of British Columbia, On May 29, 2019 at 22:33

I’m curious to know where all of the Canadian brides have purchased their linens?I am specifically after a table skirt like in the photos but I will also be seeking chair covers for folding chairs.I...

Kelly, monday 12-Aug-19 2 72
Sarah
Maid of honour proposal ideas
Sarah of Plan a wedding, On August 2, 2019 at 22:55

Ok so originally I was only going to have only men and my sons in the wedding party but my future sister in law has been such a blessing to my fiancé and I and I really want to do the promposal type...

Sarah, sunday 11-Aug-19 6 93
Sarah
Ceremony take down
Sarah of British Columbia, On June 23, 2019 at 17:10

Can anyone in Maple Ridge area recommend a company that will show up after the ceremony and take down the decor?I need to book someone to dismantle the curtains from a gazebo and some chairs and...

Sarah, friday 28-Jun-19 3 49
Sarah
Let’s talk tables
Sarah of DIY, On May 25, 2019 at 19:01

I’m curious how many tables everyone is using for buffet style food,plates,cups,cutlery,desserts and candy?I have a feeling I’m forgetting a few table cloths and don’t want to scramble to find the...

Stephanie, monday 27-May-19 2 88
Sarah
What’s your favourite candy?
Sarah of Wedding reception, On March 15, 2019 at 02:58

What kind of candy do you love?For me it’s those strawberry marshmallows lightly dusted in their sugary sweetness 🤤 What are the go to choices for most candy bars?I have never been to a wedding that...

Donna Yeung, saturday 20-Apr-19 24 133
Sarah
What are some ways to keep booze costs down?
Sarah of Wedding reception, On February 15, 2019 at 20:34

We don’t have a ton of drinkers coming but the ones that do drink will drink a lot 😳 how do we keep our costs down and avoid waste?I was thinking about doing a toonie bar and hiring a bar tender but I...

Tianna, thursday 18-Apr-19 9 154
Sarah
When are you getting married?
Sarah of Plan a wedding, On March 21, 2019 at 01:43

I’m sure this has been asked before but I’m curious what day everyone is getting married and why you chose that day. We are getting married August 29,2020 in MapleRidge BC.At first I was simply drawn...

Seleena, wednesday 17-Apr-19 22 196
Sarah
How will you react if it rains on your wedding day?
Sarah of Plan a wedding, On April 10, 2019 at 15:56

I’m just curious if anyone else would love it to rain on their big day?I have always heard people freaking out if it rains on their wedding day that it’s bad luck 🤔 personally I would love it!To me it...

Stiffra, monday 15-Apr-19 19 171
Sarah
Average bouquet sizes
Sarah of British Columbia, On March 14, 2019 at 17:42

Curious what the average bridal bouquet size is?I have fallen in love with a silk style on amazon but the size seems a little small.This style is only 8 inches in diameter 🤔 won’t that look strange...

Sarah, thursday 4-Apr-19 12 162
Sarah
Collecting guest info
Sarah of Plan a wedding, On March 28, 2019 at 17:37

My coworker insists that I have to send the save the dates a year in advance and to send the invitations 5 months before does that sound right?How soon did you collect everyone’s info?I would be...

Sarah, monday 1-Apr-19 14 121
Sarah
a bunch of questions about the music
Sarah of Wedding ceremony, On March 28, 2019 at 17:02

I know which song I’m walking down the aisle to and I know which song will be our first dance song but I’m stuck on a few things. Do the flower children (boys and girls) and man of honour walk down to...

Erin, monday 1-Apr-19 9 116
Sarah
Sand ceremony
Sarah of Wedding ceremony, On March 24, 2019 at 21:14

How did everyone do their unity sand ceremony?The only officiant I have found so far that mentioned this option wanted an extra $250 to add it to our ceremony 😳 maybe I’m just cheap but my...

Casey, monday 25-Mar-19 8 90
Sarah
Where can I find plus size wedding related workout wear?
Sarah of Beauty, On March 2, 2019 at 14:23

Where do you ladies find plus size workout wear?I really want some kind of top that says sweating for the wedding or something along those lines.

Sarah, wednesday 20-Mar-19 8 64
Sarah
Let’s see your food/candy bar set ups
Sarah of Wedding reception, On March 7, 2019 at 18:41

Does anyone have photos of their food/candy bar set ups that they would like to share?I am stuck on colours for table cloths at the moment.My wedding colours are black,white,pink and little splashes...

Sarah, thursday 14-Mar-19 7 123

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics