Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Sand ceremony

Sarah, on March 24, 2019 at 21:14 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8
How did everyone do their unity sand ceremony?The only officiant I have found so far that mentioned this option wanted an extra $250 to add it to our ceremony 😳 maybe I’m just cheap but my goodness that’s steep.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Casey, on March 25, 2019 at 15:31
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is NUTS for a sand ceremony. I agree with Tori, do it after the ceremony!

Our officiant has all those ceremonies included in the price, maybe search for a different one?

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly I would just have it after the ceremony then Smiley tongue I'm too cheap for that and would do it around the same time that the shoe games is played usually.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s what stumped me.I honestly thought it would be just a little something extra if anything for them to run off a brief description of what we’re we were about to do with our kids..Blending our family together in front of family and friends.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wait...why would you have to pay your officiant for the sand ceremony? Are they providing the supplies or something?

Even if they are, sand is legit less than $10 at a craft store.

I'd say shop around for another officiant.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$250 sounds super steep to pour sand in a vase! I would look at other officiants who'll probably have a more reasonable rate!!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s pretty much all it is lol
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a sand ceremony pouring 2 glasses of sand into one vase and saying a passage that takes maybe an extra 5-10 minutes? $250 sounds way way WAY off-base if that's the case.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, that sounds like highway robbery for a sand ceremony! I'd look around at other officiants and see what they're charging because that sounds way too high.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics