Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Tea cups at a wedding?

Sarah, on November 23, 2019 at 19:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
We have collected tons of mis matched china plates and now my dad has given me tons of China tea cups and saucers.I absolutely love them but my FH isn’t so crazy about the added clutter 😢 so I’m curious if anyone else had tea cups at their reception?How many are too many?We are planning on at least 100 people showing up now.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on December 3, 2019 at 15:44
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The reception venue doesn’t include anything but a good 3 day rate.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im sure your reception venue has some but if not i would give them to take home !

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No they would just be for tea and coffee lol I mean if someone really wanted one they are welcome to take one as it’s less to pack up.I totally get your point though so I will just set them out with the other dishes.I just love the different prints on the cups and saucers.Some match and some don’t 🤷🏼‍♀️ We have tons of side plates as well so I think it will look way better in pics than paper plates lol 😂
    Tea cups at a wedding? 1
    Tea cups at a wedding? 2
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Would they be the favours for the wedding? Because if not - I would stay away from the pun so they don't think they are Smiley tongue I know if it was me attending then I would for sure think it was a wedding favour if you added the pun.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a great idea thank you ♥️ They are really pretty tea cups and I feel horrible accepting all of them from my dad if we don’t use them so this is a win win.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I still think it's a cute idea. Plus this way people can pick a pattern they like best!

If you're one for puns and cute signs you could do a "he's my cup of tea" or "love is brewing" sign to go with them.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would have them on their own table with the other dishes in case anyone wanted a tea or coffee etc
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Would they be at people's seats or displayed separately?

I don't think they would be clutter on the tables, and if you love it he will get over it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics