Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

What are you wearing under your dress?

Sarah, on February 29, 2020 at 23:52 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 23
For some weird reason I always thought you had to wear your sexiest lingerie under your wedding dress so I was shocked to hear of a friend wearing comfy undies under her dress.My dress is strapless so most lingerie sets won’t work but I still want something sexy underneath as my future hubby will be the designated dress hiker when I need to pee lol 😂 So I’m wondering what if anything everyone else is wearing.

23 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 15, 2020 at 00:51
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my upcoming wedding, I'm only wearing underwear. My dress is getting a built in bra put in for me since the back of my dress is a v-shape.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine is comfortable although a little scratchy and a tad heavy but my god does it ever make me feel like a princess 😍What are you wearing under your dress? 1

• Jollylaf
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Jollylaf ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is SO comfy. I could sleep in it ! Props to the Willowby Galatea (L)

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wedding dresses are already uncomfortable! I didn't want to add to that.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😊 I really didn’t want the added discomfort of more layers on a hot summer day
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Literally just wearing a pair of thin spanks and that is it. My wedding dress is strapless with a built in bra! Thank god because no way was I wearing a bra. Wear your sexy things for your honeymoon!!

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can relate haha Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good point.I will buy something sexy for the honeymoon instead lol I want comfort!!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just wore a seamless throng and went braless. Nothing fancy here!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely!!!! Best advice. My ceremony was at 4 and in order to be dressed and ready by 3:30 or so my day started at 8am. We were then up until about 3 in the morning lol long day indeed.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had to wear seamless underwear due to the fitted nature of my dress and the fact that it had cutouts. They were not sexy but they stayed in place and did the job. If you can manage something sexy, go for it, but to be honest, your night will end so late and you'll have been going all day that you won't notice or even care which underwear you're wearing.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I checked their site and they do offer an xl now which fits up to a size 3x!I will check amazon as well though because I hate paying in US funds lol.
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would assume so, it's just a mesh basically with arm holes. So you scoop the dress into it and it has a string to tighten so nothing falls out while you are going. I think they sell them on Amazon if you wanted to take a look.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome I wonder if it works for plus size girls as well.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Perfect!For some strange reason I always envisioned wearing lingerie but now I’m like nah it’s going to be hot as heck in my ballgown I don’t want to end up overheating 🥵
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im just wearing a thong lol nothing exciting i have cups sewn into mine so no bra needed lol!! but its gonna be a LONGGGGGGG day so plan to be comfy...

• Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha fair enough - I cant handle my dress on my own either. But I'm addicted to Dragon's Den, which is where I found that Bridal Buddy. It goes under your dress and then it catches your gown and holds it up when you have to go lol

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m not sure what size our stalls are but I’m more then willing to have him block the bathroom entrance and remove my dress to pee lol 😂 it’s a huge ball gown so I don’t think I can handle it on my own.
  • Stefanie
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't decided yet, I think I am going to check out Victoria secret before hand. I will probably wear a pair of white lace panties. As for the bra, I will have to see what there is. My dress is strapless but I am a 36DDD so I will need to see what styles they have because I still want to be supported.

I am going to get the bridal buddy - it looks absolute ridiculous but it will hike my dress up when I have to pee. The stalls in our hall are quite small and would feel to crowded to have someone else in the stall with me.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just wore a lacy white thong under my dress, my garter, and because it was an illusion back dress I went braless. The back went too low for me to wear my lululemon shorts - but if I was able I would have!!

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a low back A line. I will be going with no bra and just a nude pair of panties or thong. I am also going to have some sort of crinoline skirt too.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've got a seamless nude thong for under mine and I'll be going braless on top.

I've heard of the bridesmaids sneaking the bride off before the grand exit to swap her underthings for something sexier, so you could do that. Comfort for the day of, and a little something something for your wedding night. If he's the one helping you out earlier in the day he will be even more surprised to discover your little wardrobe change.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nothing fancy at all lol I'm just going with a pair of la senza's "Invisible" thong panty in a tan colour that remarkably matches my skin tone pretty well. I wanted something that I'd be comfortable in but also wouldn't create any lines when wearing my dress. Then I'm going braless since I have a plunging neckline and low back

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics