Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

When are you getting married?

Sarah, on March 21, 2019 at 01:43 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22
I’m sure this has been asked before but I’m curious what day everyone is getting married and why you chose that day.

We are getting married August 29,2020 in MapleRidge BC.At first I was simply drawn to the date but it turns out that it’s my deceased grandmas birthday 😳 she died when I was 8 so sadly I was clueless when her birthday was.My mom pointed it out after I officially booked the venue and started telling everyone my wedding date lol.When I went dress shopping with my mom the same song that played at my grandmas funeral came on right when I showed my mom the dream dress which of course made my mom lose it in the middle of the bridal shop ♥️ I ended up saying yes to that dress and had a total say yes to the dress moment 😍♥️

It was such a magical and emotional day that I had to share a few pics of me and my mama ♥️

When are you getting married? 1

When are you getting married? 2

When are you getting married? 3

22 Comments

Latest activity by Seleena, on April 17, 2019 at 12:53
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow!! That is so crazy how things work out like that. You know that is not just a coincidence.

The date I chose is September 23rd. I couldn't choose the following week because that is my FH birthday. I couldn't choose the week before because that was my brothers birthday. Also, after September 15th is considered off peak so it ends up being quite a bit cheaper.

I wanted a September day in the hopes that it won't be too hot, too cold and hopefully less chance that it will rain haha.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so sweet! I love that your grandma is with you on your journey!

We are getting married on May 20, 2019. We originally wanted May 23 because: His birthday is the 2nd and mine is the 3rd, my dads birthday is Dec 23 and we got engaged on Dec 23.

However, due to the venue that we chose and the dates that we will be gone, it we had to move it to May 20. May long weekend!

• Katie
    Curious February 2020 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sunday February 2nd 2020 Smiley heart

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married August 4, 2019! We chose this date because it's a long weekend and in the middle of summer Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going with July 18, 2020! We had picked the date because it was mid July and not too close to the Canada day holiday or the civic holiday in August.

Im sending out my save the dates a year in advance so hopefully some guests can delay their usual summer travel plans to make it to the wedding!
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married on June 20, 2020. We were going to do July but we thought that July would be a lot busier with other weddings, so we decided on June and then we liked the sound of the 20 2020 haha

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting married on August 11, 2019. I was determined to get married on the 11th because that is the day we already consider our anniversary -- we've been together for 7 years and 7 months so far. I was hoping for him to propose in 2017 so we could get married Saturday, August 11, 2018; but he proposed on that day last year instead. In the end, I'm glad he took his time; plus, having it being a Sunday this year is even better! Vendors are more available on Sundays and even have discounts. Overall, I'm just really excited to start our marriage on a day that is already very special.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg so exciting!!!I can’t wait for mine to come.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    May 25, 2019! We both wanted a May wedding and the first weekend of May is a bunch of birthdays in my family, the second weekend is mother’s day, and the next is the long weekend so we went with May 25 lol
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

May 24, 2019!!! JUST 64 DAYS LEFT AHH!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married Sept 26/2020. We'd originally wanted an early October wedding but our venue wasn't available on the 3rd and the following weekend is Thanksgiving, which we didn't want to tangle with. After that, it's usually too cold to have an outdoor wedding, which is super important to us so we ended up with the last weekend of September. It also happens to be my FH's late-grandpa's birthday that day, which makes it kindof special.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love your story! Smiley smile

I chose the date right away, August 3rd, 2019. I don't really have a reason as to why.. I have always wanted to get married in August, I just like the month! and the 3rd was the first weekend and I didnt want to wait any longer to get married! It ended up working out really well since my FH parents take their holidays at the beginning of August so they are able to travel out from Montreal to come to the wedding!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our relationship milestones are in October: we started dating October 13, 2015 and we got engaged October 26, 2017, October is our month lol!

We figured we should get married in October so then it was between 2018 and 2019. It seemed like big things happened for us every 2 years, plus 2019 would give us more time to plan and worked out better for family and friends so we had the month and year.

The 13 and 26 are almost 2 weeks apart so we looked at the 19th, which would be in the middle. Plus, 10/19/2019 looked cool so that's how we ended up with the date!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June 6, 2020!
    June because of my school schedule and my FH’s work schedule
    6th because it’s a nice even number hahah
    i love the rhythm of the date, 06/06/2020 🥰
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you 😊 I hope you have the perfect weather for your big day.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sucks that everything was booked on the 23rd but I’m sure the 16 will be just as special ♥️
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh October was our second choice for our wedding.It would have been a nightmare before Christmas theme though so I’m happy with August lol.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What are the chances?!?!?!?! That is crazy!

We chose to get married on October 5th 2019.

We chose October as we wanted a fall wedding (Spring=too wet and snowy, Summer=farming season, Winter=SNOW!) and September is usually a busy Month with Sept. Long weekend and school starting up.

The 5th was perfect because although our dating anniversary was in March, the date we became "Facebook Official" was the 5th!

The year - because we wanted to be living together instead of living with our parents when we were married... didn't want to be married and living apart, and NO WAY were we going to rent a place (strongly against not getting that money back ever again)!!

P.S. That's a lovely dress Smiley smile

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is such a sweet story! I love how life works out like that sometimes Smiley smile

We are getting married on June 16, for no reason other than it was the only day available at our venue in June, and we wanted a spring wedding. We - okay, I - reallyyyyyyy wanted June 23, because 23 is our lucky number (both are birthdays are on the 23rd, we started dating on a 23rd, we both live at house number 23, and he proposed on a 23rd) but it's a Saturday and every venue was booked solid.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw that's such a nice story!! Love the dress!

I am getting married on April 27th of this year...we picked the date because it was available haha we had a wide range of wanting to get married anytime between May and October...the venue we LOVED had an opening April 27th so we figured it was close enough to May (plus we managed to still get the cheaper winter pricing!)

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Such a beautiful story!
    We are getting married October 4th 2019. For us we knew we wanted a fall wedding and went through every weekend from the beginning of September to the end of October. This date just happened to work out. We also chose a Friday because it was priced lower, and we were not expected to have a minimum number of guests!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am getting married September 14th, 2019! We got engaged last family day weekend and we wanted to try on June but out venues were booked, so we went for September hoping its nice weather and not too hot!

Love the I said yes photo! dress is gorgeous!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics