Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Budget friendly bar options?

Sarah, on September 27, 2019 at 18:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3
We have a bartender who is charging a decent rate and are curious what everyone else did for the bar.

option one we do a toonie bar where we supply all of the booze,mix,cups and straws etc but get to keep any money that is made from the drinks.

option two we have the bartender supply everything and do a cash bar (no control over prices) the contract states a minimum of $300 profit is to be made or we must pay the difference at the end of the night.She estimated that we would need to sell 150 drinks to reach her minimum.

For those that did the toonie bar was it successful?We will be having anywhere from 75-150 guests and the list keeps growing 😳 I know that not everyone requesting an invite will show and those that do might not all be drinkers so it’s hard to figure out if the 150 drinks will be met.How did you figure out how much booze to buy?What kind did you buy?Any idea what a realistic budget would be for 100 drinkers?Some of the people are light weights and others are heavy drinkers.

For those that went the cash bar route did you meet the minimum?What was the average drink cost?I don’t want guests spending a fortune but I don’t want to get stuck with stuff I won’t drink.

Is it tacky to do a Facebook poll to find out who the drinkers are?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 1, 2019 at 15:25
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are people going to know its a cash bar? i never carry money or a purse to a wedding so if i got there i wouldnt have any money for the bar and i feel like a lot of people only use their credit cards. its hard to say you have to take a risk and see what your best option is. i know my family drinks a ton so i have to have open bar.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much this definitely clears things up a bit for me 👍
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

f0f20bad6ed379d524c878d2b5a0843e--weddin

I hope this guide helps you out to know what you need and how much. Also indicates how much cost you would incur for your day. LCBO has an event license online to apply to allow you purchasing as much liquor needed once shown when printed.

I find the toonie bar is best if you wish for your guests pay less than the prices set higher based on the bartender. One advise for the bartender hired is to have them place a tip jar/glass for themselves so you don't have to give them at the end.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics