Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

What’s your favourite candy?

Sarah, on March 15, 2019 at 02:58 Posted in Wedding reception 0 24
What kind of candy do you love?For me it’s those strawberry marshmallows lightly dusted in their sugary sweetness 🤤 What are the go to choices for most candy bars?I have never been to a wedding that had a candy bar so I want to make sure we don’t miss any of the classics.

24 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 05:41
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding where the bride and grooms favorite candies were Haribo branded candies. So they ordered a ton of candies from that specific brand, and had someone put them out in the jars and refill them throughout the night. It was great! Otherwise, i've seen weddings where they bought candies that matched the theme color of their wedding.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Anything sour for me!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Gummy anything for sure!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to know!I will keep my eyes peeled at Costco and for any good sales closer to my date.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It depends - for small amounts of things, it's reasonable - but per pound, it's more expensive than buying pre packaged. It's double the cost of buying my candy at Canadian Wholesale club.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem!! I don't even think gay bacon has an official name, but I like gay bacon Smiley laugh

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How do you find their prices?I’m adding it to my list of places to check out now 🙂👍
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s a wonderful place with bins of dry goods.
    similar to what you’d find in a grocery store or health food store.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I keep hearing about this bulk barn place I’m curious now what the heck is it?I believe there is one in Langley or the surrounding area but I’ve never been in.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Jelly beans are a must!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg gay bacon 😂😍 my man of honour will love this lol 😆 I honestly wanted to do some form of rainbow at my wedding to spread the love but settled on crystals hanging.This will give the perfect amount now thanks for sharing.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally forgot about her marshmallow bananas omg I love those things!I am not a huge candy fan but these ideas are fantastic!I just scored the cutest little cake dome holders for my candy bar for $13!!So I think I should add macaroons as well lol 😂 they are a little dusty but super adorable and I couldn’t beat the price and the fact that she delivered them.

What’s your favourite candy? 1
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Now I want to come to Peggy's wedding lol. I love gummy bears, sour keys, cola bottles, Swedish fish, mike n' ikes, milk duds. I am sure there's more that I wouldn't say no to

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm more of a chocolate-lover, but I love Nerds - I used to eat them wayyyyyy too much when I was a kid.

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love Nerds! Can't get enough of them lol

I also like Swedish berries, sour keys, fuzzy peaches, gummy bears, sour patch kids, and what my friends and I call gay bacon (due to the rainbow colour - pictured below). I don't know what it's actually called since I've always known it to be gay bacon (maybe candy bacon? lol)

What’s your favourite candy? 2

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Jelly beans! I always love the assorted Jelly Belly beans...I could eat a whole jar...

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love fuzzy peaches and those gummy fuzzy watermelons. Ooh and Swedish berries!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is a huge gummy/candy fan. I am more of a chocolate and ice cream person. It's a texture thing for me lol but I like a few candies though : Fuzzy peaches, berry gummies and blue sour patch kids (!!).

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YES! Those yellow banana marshmallows are the best!

Cherry blasters, fuzzy peaches, gum balls, cinnamon hearts, sour keys, those sour ribbons that you can get in rainbow or different colours.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the list and those all sound tasty 😋
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE sour candies, but my favourites are Sour Grapes, Dinosours, sour cherries and sour patch kids!

If it helps, here's our list of candy for our buffet at our wedding (250 guests, planning for about 225 pounds of candy!) My goal with our candy bar was for there to be something for everyone, and to make the little (and big) kids lose their minds!

Sour blue raspberries

Fuzzy Peaches

Sour Soothers

Dinosours

Gummi worms

Sour gummi worms

Cola bottles

Watermelon slices

Sour grapes

Gummi bears

Hot lips

Sour straws

Gummi wild berries

Sour fruit slices

Hot tamales

Twizzlers

Suckers

Rockets

Mini-chocolate bars: We have LOTS of these, bought after Halloween, including: Mars, snickers, twix, M&Ms, caramilk, jersey milk, Oh Henrys, Coffee crisp, kit-kats, smarties, aero, reese's cups,

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourites are:

cherry blasters, fuzzy peaches, sour patch kids, those yellow banana marshmallows, warheads, tootsie rolls, candy corn, star bursts, hot tamales, and I could probably go on and on Smiley tongue

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ditto!!! Cherry blasters and fuzzy peaches are my fav!!! I cant be trusted around them hahah! Anything sour I loooove!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looooove sour gummies, like cherry blasters. I love them with our without the sour sugar crystals...there's that one aisle at Bulk Barn that's amazing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics