Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

What would you consider reasonable pricing?

Sarah, on June 30, 2019 at 17:51 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
What would you be willing to pay for the following services?Would you want individual prices for each service so that you can pick and choose what you need?Gazebo decor set up Chair set upCeremony decor set up Helping the elderly to their seatsTake down of ceremony site Dish clearing during your reception Hand washing dishesReception decor take down Table and chair take down

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 26, 2019 at 16:56
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would negotiate with my vendors to include certain things!

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m definitely going to contact a few people.I am thinking of starting my own business offering these services for other brides at a lower rate.I have found rates from $300-700+ but only one seems to offer dish clearing and take down.Luckily I still have just over a year to find someone.
  • Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm struggling with this too. I'm not too keen on spending $1k+ for someone to set up and tear down, but I'm also not too keen on putting my family/bridal party to work when they should be having fun.

I have a former student who works sometimes as a day-of coordinator and I may contact her. Otherwise, I was considering hiring some trusted students I know (I work at a University). I also work in theatre and set-up/tear down is something we're all VERY familiar with Smiley smile Hopefully between all my contacts, I should be able to hire a couple people for much less.

I agree with Cliodhna too: email some planners in your area to get a quote. You may find it's not as pricey as you imagine.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cliodhna has a point to look into a Day of Coordinator who can do all that set and break down, dealing with the vendors and handing out the tips (optional) and work with the wedding coordinator of the venue.

Alternative is a decorator who can also do the job that can supply all you need or rent to your satisfaction. Inquire their cost of services which should include set up and break down based on a large wedding guest list.

The choice to not go with the Day of Coordinator or decorator can save you the money and have arranged by the venue coordinator to see when you can come and do all the work and get the wedding party/family to help if needed during the time so you have everything done and same for the break down.

The route that was chosen due to being done was to self set up and break down since there wasn't much and it was a small intimate wedding. My dad helped with paying and bring the centerpieces the same day. We had to break down the same night as the vendors had a time to pack up and be out too. We had family helping out towards the end of the night which was nice and to have that time.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there Sarah!

Are you looking into hiring a day of coordinator? Have you found pricing yet that fits within your budget?

You could ask him/her for an itemized quote if you wished and see if it's possible!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics