Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

a bunch of questions about the music

Sarah, on March 28, 2019 at 17:02 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9
I know which song I’m walking down the aisle to and I know which song will be our first dance song but I’m stuck on a few things.

Do the flower children (boys and girls) and man of honour walk down to the same song as the bride?The song I want is about 5 minutes long and I’m thinking I will go with the instrumental version.

Is playing billy idols white wedding somewhere during the night tacky?

What is a good recessional song?We love smashing pumpkins,our lady peace,almost everything on the radio these days,hip hop etc so anything goes lol 😂

Finally is it normal for the groom to walk down the aisle to his own song?I haven’t been to many weddings and the most recent one I was late so I have no clue.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 1, 2019 at 16:24
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is perfect!! Nailed it.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!I think I figured out the recessional song ♥️ We are going with part of simply meant to be from the nightmare before Christmas.My fiancé and I have a couples tattoo he has jack and I have sally and it says Til death do us part so this seems like it will fit.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say that the song you enter to should either be different or at a point in the song where it's a change of pace to signal people that you are now walking down the aisle.

As for Billy Idol's White wedding - that's up to you. I don't care for the song but if it means something to you or it's your jam then you do you!

Recessional song - sorry, I don't even know what we will walk out to! lol We are probably going to walk away to a song that is funny though like "I feel good" by James Brown 😂

I think it's what we will do for my Fiancé - I'm thinking of the song "Whatta Man" by Salt N Pepa 😂

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok we need an edit option, anyway pick a point in the song for your entrance. For your recessional song, choose something fun and that you both love.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry i hit re
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's all about timing. You can have a different song for each group and of course your own bridal march song, however you might have to edit the length of the songs for example if your song is 5 min do you start your walk a min or 2 into the song, once you reach your groom are you waiting for your song to finish before your officiant begins? If you all walk down to one song pick a point in the song where the crescendo changes fir
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is really up to you and how long the walk is to get up to the front!

My officiant knows the venue we are getting married at very well, and he suggested having one song for each group because of the length of the walk. This way we are not running down the isle and can take our time.

So I am doing one song for the guys and officiant to walk up. Then a separate song for the bridesmaids, flower girl and ring bearer. Then a song for me walking down the isle.

It is your wedding! So do not worry about it being tacky! Whatever you and your FH want is what should happen!

We are doing an upbeat country song for our recessional.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Robyn said its really up to you if you want to use a different song for different people walking down the aisle Smiley smile

I am using the same song for my bridesmaids and me to walk down the aisle to (if we had flower girls/ring bearers we would use the same song for that as well)

Definitely not tacky to throw in White Wedding at some point during the night!!! haha

For the recessional we are walking back up the aisle to Fell In Love With a Girl by The White Stripes. We wanted something up beat and fun Smiley laugh

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's up to you whether you use a different song for the bridal party to walk down the aisle to. I'm using a different song for the rest of the party, because the one I'm walking down to is very meaningful to me, and I kinda want to make an entrance lol.

Billy Idol is never tacky Smiley laugh

Most grooms walk down to the same music as the rest of the bridal party, I believe.

And in my opinion, the recessional is where your personality should come through! Anything by the bands you mentioned would work, as long as it represents your personalities! We're going with an instrumental cover of "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities (only because the church prefers instrumental)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics