Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Who else is having a covid-19 party if their date is postponed?

Sarah, on May 24, 2020 at 17:51 Posted in WeddingWire 0 9
I have decided that if covid-19 forced me to reschedule our wedding that we will host a socially distanced house party on what should be our wedding date. I’m buying a second dress hoping and praying that my $61 score on torrid fits 🤞 If not I will budget up to $400 for a second dress and doing a covid-19 trash the dress party.I am sick and tired of having no control over this situation and want our day to be special and not a time of sadness.I am very curious what everyone else is doing on what should be their wedding days incase of postponement?If you have any amazing trash the dress ideas please share!We are thinking of doing a paint fight and possibly even taking the dress paint ballingWho else is having a covid-19 party if their date is postponed? 1

but I’m a wimp when it comes to pain lol.The photo is of the dress I just ordered on torrid so I’m praying it fits as the price was unreal!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Cindy, on May 26, 2020 at 12:00
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding was supposed to be July 31, 2020 however we postponed it to May 21, 2021. I thought about doing something fun like that on our original wedding date however we are pretty low key people so instead we are going camping with a couple of friends. I am looking into having t-shirts made for both of us saying something like "almost married July 31, 2020". It will be a fun, relaxing time for us and will hopefully be a time to enjoy and not cry. LOL.

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg that’s totally my speed right there 🥰 what an amazing idea thank you ☺️
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

PS if paintballs are a bit to much maybe some paint filled balloons would be a nice alternative. Add some glitter make it fancy! Smiley tongue

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a ton of fun 💜
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope you guys have an amazing evening ♥️
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awe that is a cute idea!

I never thought to do something like that, all I wanted was a date night without our daughter at our usual fancy anniversary restaurant. Just the two of us. I know it will be a hard day for sure.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've postponed our reception but are still planning on eloping or having a small ceremony on our date in October. We pushed the reception to our first anniversary in 2021.

This weekend my friends and I were talking and depending on restrictions they seem interested on throwing an after ceremony house party for us. Right now we can have up to 50 people, but by October that might change again so we won't make solid plans until September.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were lucky enough to double book all of our vendors because of covid.If we have to postpone this year we have the same date and team next year.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is scheduled for aug. im hoping we can go ahead with a smaller wedding. i dont want to cancel but worst case i think we will have sometihng super small and then reschedule the venue to a later date hopefully very early next year

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics