Skip to main content
Julie
Julie

Burlington, Ontario · From May 2022

Just became a featured user on the site! YAY! Here to help in any way possible. My fiance & I are going to give this wedding/marriage thing another shot... View more

Just became a featured user on the site! YAY! Here to help in any way possible. My fiance & I are going to give this wedding/marriage thing another shot (second marriage for both). He popped the question May 2023. Live in Burlington, Ontario and getting married May 6, 2023.

Happily married 🎉

May 6, 2023

378days 3hrs

Discussions

Julie
Online Scams?
Julie of Plan a wedding, On July 16, 2022 at 06:46

Just wondering if anyone else has been a victim of a scam for online purchases? Im pretty good at defecting when someone's trying to pull a fast one on me. With that said, this person on FB...

Miklas, friday 26-Apr-24 13 142 1
Julie
Time to Share - How Did You Meet your Fh/spouse?
Julie of Before the wedding, On February 13, 2023 at 12:41

Is it just me? Or are you also feeling extra lovey this month cause of Valentine's Day? Let's share how we met your significant other. I met my FH on a dating app 7 years ago. I saw his profile and...

Nelly, wednesday 17-Apr-24 100 942 3
Julie
diy flowers - real or fake?
Julie of DIY, On August 6, 2022 at 11:54

Debating if I should make an attempt at DIY boutenieres and corsage. Faux or real flowers? Wondering what some of you ladies decided on?

Marcella, tuesday 6-Feb-24 16 229
Julie
Was your proposal caught on camera? Share your proposal pic!
Julie of Before the wedding, On January 9, 2024 at 09:36

Happy New Year & Congrats to all you newly engaged people! My hubby proposed just before we went out for my planned birthday dinner with my family & our friends. Since it was private, no one...

Keisha, thursday 18-Jan-24 7 58
Julie
Centerpieces - Keeping or Giving Away?
Julie of Wedding reception, On March 3, 2023 at 08:27

I have not come across any discussions on centerpiece giveaways so I thought I would ask. For my centerpieces I will have manzanita trees and a floral arrangement at the base. The trees I purchased...

Matilda, sunday 8-Oct-23 12 101
Julie
Bridesmaid Dresses - Let's see them!
Julie of Wedding fashion, On September 26, 2023 at 12:30

Let's dig into fashion - Bridesmaid Dress. I only had my daughter as MOH and I thought it would be fun & exciting to find a dress for her. Boy was I wrong! I really didn't have a style/colour that...

Heather, friday 29-Sep-23 16 127 2
Julie
Selling or Keeping some of your decor?
Julie of Just married, On July 15, 2023 at 13:14

I knew right from the beginning that I would re sell everything that I purchased for the wedding. 2 months later all is sold, except for 2 items. I dont have the heart to sell them, yet. 🤣 Kept my...

Liberty, thursday 20-Jul-23 16 157
Julie
Wedshoots Album
Julie of Tech support, On July 14, 2023 at 08:39

Since our professional pictures did not turn out as we had hoped, I decided to send out an invite for Wedshoots to some of my guests. I thought it was like the Send Invite portion where you can...

Julie, monday 17-Jul-23 2 64
Julie
Paper or Digital Thank you's?
Julie of Just married, On June 15, 2023 at 10:07

When the time came to send to do your Thank You to your guests - did you opt for traditional Thank You card/postcard or did you go digital? My hubby prefers the postcard, I'm good with either one....

KELLY, wednesday 5-Jul-23 12 80
Julie
Photographer Pics - disappointing
Julie of Just married, On June 1, 2023 at 08:05

So just going to vent for a minute.... We just got our pictures from the photographer (3 1/2 weeks - amazing). However, not impressed with them AT ALL! I did mention to the photographer prior to the...

Julie, monday 5-Jun-23 20 333
Julie
And just like that....i'm married!
Julie of Just married, On May 10, 2023 at 22:33

Ladies....what can I say but WE DID IT! Just thought I would touch base and give you a sneak peak into our day. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. The weather held up, all my planning...

Julie, wednesday 17-May-23 19 164
Julie
Waiting Anxiously
Julie of Ontario, On April 30, 2023 at 08:50

Everything is bagged, packed, labelled and ready to go!! Now we wait...

Julie, friday 5-May-23 14 63
Julie
The Countdown is on!
Julie of Plan a wedding, On April 21, 2023 at 12:00

We are 2 weeks away from our big day! Super excited! I went into serious crunch mode over the past week and now everything is done! Now I have no idea what to do with myself I do feel like i'm...

Julie, tuesday 25-Apr-23 12 106
Julie
mua Discussion Removed??
Julie of Tech support, On March 7, 2023 at 05:33

So my MUA discussion was removed??? I thought we were able to vent on here with the condition names are not mentioned? Was looking for support, suggestions for new MUA/Hairstylist etc.

Julie, wednesday 15-Mar-23 16 112
Julie
mua Just dropped a bombshell!
Julie of Beauty, On March 6, 2023 at 14:20

2 months to go before the wedding and my MUA just informs me that she can no longer do my wedding as another one of her bookings has moved up their date, due to medical reasons. she would be passing...

Julie, monday 6-Mar-23 8 44
Julie
May Weddings!
Julie of Plan a wedding, On January 24, 2023 at 08:54

Absolutely excited to be getting married this year! May 6, 2023. Who else is getting married / got married on the same day, month as me!!??? Any particular reason you picked May?

Rebecca, thursday 2-Mar-23 15 209 1
Julie
It's all about Compromise!
Julie of Wedding reception, On February 9, 2023 at 13:10

It's all in the way you present it to your partner Not sure how many of you will be/have done this?? I really want to do the Table Dash at our wedding. Perfect way to have pics of all your guests,...

Kate, thursday 9-Feb-23 10 137 1
Julie
Did your Partner ask your parents for their blessing before proposing?
Julie of Before the wedding, On December 30, 2022 at 11:19

Now that you're all engaged, did you find out if your partner asked for your parents blessing before the proposal? Or anyone else's blessing? How did you react after you found out? My FH asked my...

Julie, friday 27-Jan-23 30 303
Julie
Cell Phone Charging Station - worth it or not?
Julie of Plan a wedding, On January 13, 2023 at 09:47

I've been on the fence with this one. Not sure if 1. Our venue will allow it 2. If we should provide it 3. Skip it all together. I'm a person that LOVES pictures, I mean LOVES! I've asked my guests to...

Julie, tuesday 17-Jan-23 12 77
Julie
Website Pictures
Julie of Tech support, On January 11, 2023 at 07:46

Wondering if anyone else is having issues when uploading pictures to your website page? I realize that the size has to be 1440 x 400 but even after I resize them, they are still too large to fit. Any...

Julie, friday 13-Jan-23 3 34
Julie
Unplugged Ceremony- yay or nay?
Julie of Wedding ceremony, On October 9, 2022 at 13:46

What's the etiquette on photos during ceremony? Are you/did you ask your guests for an unplugged ceremony? Or do/did you prefer the guests take pictures?

Julie, thursday 5-Jan-23 24 254 2
Julie
End of Reception - Last Song
Julie of Wedding reception, On November 3, 2022 at 13:59

Have you decided on how you want to end your spectacular night? Slow song? or an upbeat hit? And what tune would that be? Or Sparkler send off?

Julie, friday 23-Dec-22 10 122
Julie
Requesting Contact Info through Website issue???
Julie of Tech support, On December 20, 2022 at 14:05

Just have a random question for all of you that use the WeddingWire Request Info. Do guests have the ability to ADD a plus one?? I had guest (with no plus one linked to their name) but today I noticed...

Julie, wednesday 21-Dec-22 8 94
Julie
Just Venting....
Julie of Plan a wedding, On November 17, 2022 at 08:27

Just need to vent! We had our first meeting with the venue last night and OMG.....FH was driving me nuts!! He's left most of the planning (little things) up to me. So as we started going through the...

VenroruSO, sunday 11-Dec-22 12 219
Julie
Ceremony Songs - Mutual Agreements or Surprises?
Julie of Wedding ceremony, On November 14, 2022 at 14:43

Wondering how everyone has / is picking their ceremony songs. Did you pick them all yourself, mutually agreed with your partner or do you plan on surprising them with a song? Instrumental or Original...

Vinod, thursday 8-Dec-22 17 143
Julie
Order of Events Wording
Julie of Plan a wedding, On November 1, 2022 at 14:35

Wondering who is posting an Order of Events for their day? Do you plan on keep it simple or a little silly?

Alyx, thursday 3-Nov-22 9 104
Julie
Online Invitations
Julie of Tech support, On October 28, 2022 at 12:39

Question to any of you that have used the Online Invitation section. - are you able to select certain guests to send your invitation to? Or does it automatically go out to everyone? I do not want to...

Julie, monday 31-Oct-22 4 65
Julie
Keep or Skip: Cutting of the Cake?
Julie of Plan a wedding, On September 19, 2022 at 12:03

Will you be keeping with tradition and making time to cut the wedding cake? Skip it? Or do something different all together? For me, since this is both our second marriage, we decided we were skipping...

Julie, monday 19-Sep-22 16 108
Julie
Photo Locations Oakville/burlington Border
Julie of Ontario, On September 14, 2022 at 16:13

Wondering if anyone can recommend any great settings for photos. So far, found Shell Park in Oakville, not too far, that does not require a permit. It is a very beautiful park, however it is small

Julie, saturday 17-Sep-22 4 50
Julie
Cocktail Hour Music - dj or Pianist?
Julie of Wedding reception, On September 12, 2022 at 14:46

Our wedding ceremony/reception is in one place. Our package includes a pianist for the ceremony and/or cocktail hour. FH wants the DJ during the cocktail hour but I say, does it matter?? Not like...

Julie, friday 16-Sep-22 19 157
Julie
How much, is too much?
Julie of Plan a wedding, On September 5, 2022 at 05:05

Just wondering what type & how many items you plan or had planned on putting out for your guests? Ex. Money Box, Guestbook. Definitely do not want to overcrowd.

Julie, monday 12-Sep-22 17 224
Julie
Invitation / rsvp Anxiety
Julie of Before the wedding, On August 16, 2022 at 18:14

Just reading over some of these invitation discussions and OH MY....MY HEAD! There are too many dates to keep in mind and it's quite overwhelming. Our Wedding date is May 6, 2023 and plan on sending...

Derek, thursday 25-Aug-22 16 252

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics