Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Photographer Pics - disappointing

Julie, on June 1, 2023 at 08:05 Posted in Just married 0 20

So just going to vent for a minute....

We just got our pictures from the photographer (3 1/2 weeks - amazing). However, not impressed with them AT ALL!

I did mention to the photographer prior to the wedding that my husband hates having his picture being taken, gave a list of things I wanted taken in / out of the venue, avoid posed shots and gave a heads up on the Table Dash photo. The lighting - bad. The items in/out of the venue are crooked, cut off. The Group shot after the ceremony looks decent. My husband and I are both tanned - we look faded, my daughter who is fair skin, looks washed out. The Table Dash picture with my guests - I'm disappointed. Not sure why he didn't wait for people to LOOK at the camera, my centerpieces (manzanita trees) are blocking a few guests - useless. There is a beautiful chandelier on the dancefloor in the venue (not one picture showing that), at the back of the head table the backdrop fairy lights, the spotlight affect during speeches - all taken and are bright white/light! It seems like he used the flash for every single picture - all the pics (even the evening shots) all look like the middle of the day. They don't look very professional - and he has over 25 years experience.....i dunno

There are a couple of pics of us with our sunglasses on, outside, far away that look somewhat decent. But nothing I want to use as our Thank you cards or even have printed. My husband hates them all. With that said, our package included 2 prints - and a small balance (I guess for the prints). But there is no photo we want printed. We both agree that we tell him forget the prints and call it even. I see nothing wrong with that.

The pictures my family and friends took are way better. Captured us, the room, the love, the fun. We decided to pick from those for prints & thank you cards.

I feel like I wasted money and time away from my guests. I should have gone with my gut and not had a photographer and just relied on my guests pictures. But at least I married my man Smiley heart

20 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on June 5, 2023 at 18:06
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks hun. Im so happy my guests took so many beautiful pictures. ❤️
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a beautiful photo and good on your sister at least to capture the whole picture! lol I feel like that is kind of photography 101, surprised he did not get a shot like this but, positive is, you have this beauty shot Smiley heart

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kelly. I am so glad I didn't restrict my guests from taking any pictures. Now, that may just have happened to me but not saying ALL photographers are like that. I would suggest this: If you have visited your Venue and there is something in particular you want the photographer to capture, tell them. I gave mine a list but what he took was too bright, not edited, not centered Smiley angry

For example, This picture was taken by my sister. our photographer had no shots like this. He only took close up shots of us dancing. That whole area is amazing! And he missed it. Obviously I can edit out the DJ but see how stunning the dance floor area is??

Photographer Pics - disappointing 1

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry to hear this! its good that you sat your family upfront, I am now rethinking the "no phone ceremony" idea.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thans for the suggestion Hank. Doesn't hurt to ask. However re looking at the pictures and the videos I received, the photographer used a flash for every indoor photo (day/night)..not sure if they can fix those.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Any chance you can ask for either a re-selection or re-edit? Explain the issues with the images (guests being blocked, lighting washed out, etc) and see if your photographer can either send other selects or re-edit the ones that would've been to your liking composition wise but not lighting/colour wise. Maybe a really bad filter was applied in the editing process and it can be fixed by another go at it from the raw images.

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hopefully you can make some magic with what you have, wishing you all the luck. Thank goodness for advanced technology!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Mila ❤️ I am saddened that some of the pics are not to what we expected but I am super excited to edit them myself and see what can be salvaged. That's the beauty of digital prints 😊 I thought I would have nothing to do after the wedding lol Will definitely be using my guest's photos for thank you cards, print for the folks and for our home.
    I would love to do a re do of the day even for pics but yes, the husband will definitely not go for it. I think he'd look at me sideways lol
  • Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m so sorry this happened to you. Your positive outlook is impressive. I don’t see why the photographer won’t call it even, it’s hard for me to imagine that he doesn’t see the problem with his photos.
    It won’t be anything compared to the actual wedding day, but maybe you could consider taking post wedding photos? An excuse to get dressed up in your wedding look and have an hour of taking photos. Since your husband doesn’t like photos, not sure if he would even be interested but wanted to bring it to your attention.
    I’m relieved to hear your loved ones did a wonderful job capturing the magic and beauty of your wedding day!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Would not be proper to say the Vendor's name on here.

• S
    Newbie May 2024 Alberta
    Stefany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Who was the photographer?
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That really sucks. Thank god for back up.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Carine. Kinda hard to fix pics where you look like u have 2 chins but you dont, or you're too light or nlocking people. 🤣 It was one of my biggest fears pre wedding.
    I'm not letting it stress me out cuz like I said my family's pics are amazing. Thank goodness they sat up front 🤣
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am so sorry this happened, I really hope you received some really good shots, this is my biggest fear. I wanted to save money and just use the photos that guest captured as they tend to turn out better than what you pay for. but I got someone cheap just starting out so if they turn out crappy it's not a huge loss. My friend's wedding photos for the price she paid I would be disappointed.

There should be something in the contract that if you are not completely satisfied, they will work with you to make it better.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats the best part 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The memories are always great to have ❤️
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Amanda - sucks but oh well, I have some photos and great memories!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that has happened to you Julie

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks hun! Definitely staying positive - not much we can do now. Would love to do it over again but that's not happening Smiley xd We do have our memories and we did laugh a lot when we were looking them over yesterday - so we made it fun. He told me they did do some editing, but obviously not the best. Overall our day was amazing!

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Julie,

I am so sorry the photos did not turn out the way you both wanted. Don't be hard on yourself, you could not have known they would turn out this way, I think most times, people don't regret hiring a photographer it's just the outcome can always be a bit of a risk... BUT, the positive is that you have the memories forever, you got to marry your special person, and at least there are some photos from guests that you have.

I agree with not having prints printed and paying more if there are none to your satisfactory, he should be fine with calling it even. Is it possible to have someone else edit the photos a little more to your liking? if he missed items entirely obviously can't fix this but maybe the colouring in some of the photos?

It sucks but try and focus on the positives, it does sound like the day itself went magically Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics