Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Cell Phone Charging Station - worth it or not?

Julie, on January 13, 2023 at 09:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

I've been on the fence with this one.

Not sure if 1. Our venue will allow it 2. If we should provide it 3. Skip it all together.

I'm a person that LOVES pictures, I mean LOVES! I've asked my guests to take as many pics and forward my way. With that said, I would like to provide a small one during cocktail hour and move into reception later on. My daughter thinks it's not worth it but I think maybe guests would appreciate it. Thoughts? Has anyone done or planning on providing?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on January 17, 2023 at 08:48
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the idea Rebecca. Ya I will place a couple in the bathroom kits. Considering all things, charger station is just another thing to worry and spend money on. Hopefully people jist come fully charged. 🤞🏽
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing bathroom kits? maybe include a charger or two in there?

there's some you can get on amazon that include both the andriod charger and iphone charger in one on a retractable spool which i have at work and in my emergency bag and has come in handy a thousand times over

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my friend's wedding I brought a battery charger, it was small enough for my purse. I am also thinking of doing disposable Cameras at each table. I think it's a great idea, but at the same time it's another thing on our list to worry about.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok! Good to know. That is one of my worries...running out of film. Going back online to order 🤣
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree, I dont think it's worth it but definitely have lots of film for polaroids! Guests took so many at our wedding and it was so awesome to look back on the guestbook of them!
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it's worth it. I always make sure my phone is fully charged before I go any events.
    I did put a power bank and chargers in my emergency kit though just to be safe
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HA! Oh i bet the will be. Smiley heart

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfect, maybe keep it through out the evening too? The photos get so much funnier in the evening when everyone loosened up LOL

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank Brittany. I do have a self serve polaroid station during cocktail hour.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think its worth it either. If you are going to spend that money, maybe do a photobooth?

They can send pictures to themselves and all the photos taken you will get as well. I find they are a huge hit!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good point Smiley winking

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally don't think it's worth it. I understand the photo part but you should be more present at a wedding then being on your phone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics