Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

It's all about Compromise!

Julie, on February 9, 2023 at 13:10 Posted in Wedding reception 1 10

It's all in the way you present it to your partner Smiley sexy Not sure how many of you will be/have done this?? I really want to do the Table Dash at our wedding. Perfect way to have pics of all your guests, your table setting (minus dirty dishes), the ladies all have on their gloss and have not sweat off their makeup LOL. I want to make sure I don't miss anyone or any decor, especially if I worked hard on those DIY's.

After I explained it to FH, his only 2 concerns were "What song are we doing this to?" and "I think we should do this after Our First Dance." Agreed and gave him some song choices I already picked out. Narrowed it down to 4 (all just under 5 mins). It couldn't have gone better, if I had planned it out myself. Smiley heart

It's all about Compromise! 1

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kate, on February 9, 2023 at 20:45
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very cool Smiley smile

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Based on the tiktok vids i have seen, it seems like sooooo much fun! I cannot wait. Think I'm most excited about this LOL

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea! I wish we had done this at our wedding g
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've never heard about this, I need to google it now, sounds fun!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good idea. I will have to source that out. If not, I can ask that DJ to loop the one song.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What about playing an extended mix of one song?

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's my fear that we will run out of time. Some articles suggest having 2 songs. So out of my 4 one of them can act as a second Smiley smile

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! We are going to do this! Since the average age of our guests is 59 we are going to pick an upbeat song but one that is a little longer to ensure we get to all 10 tables

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! It was my first time hearing about it yesterday too! Apparently this has been going on for a few years but only picked up speed last couple of years. We have 10 tables so we should be able to do it in under 5 mins. From what i've seen couples have had upbeat songs. One even had the Mission Impossible theme song, another was Thunderstruck by AC/DC.
    The four we have is
    Photograph - Def Leppard (4:17)
    Strangelove - Depeche Mode (4:56)
    The Promise - When in Rome (3:40)
    Just Like Heaven - The Cure (3:20)

All great songs but some cutting it close. So I was very clear to him "we are not chatting, just taking pics" We mingle later LOL.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is the first time I am hearing of the The Table Dash (had to google it! ha) - sounds fun. How many tables will you be having and how many songs do you aim to have it done in, 2, 3, 4? Is it suppose to be a fun upbeat song?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics