Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

How much, is too much?

Julie, on September 5, 2022 at 05:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17
Just wondering what type & how many items you plan or had planned on putting out for your guests? Ex. Money Box, Guestbook. Definitely do not want to overcrowd.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on September 12, 2022 at 16:56
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what I was thinking. Some people may just arrive for reception and not get a chance to do any of the actvities. Will have them move it all over👍🏼👍🏼
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh interesting, ours will stay located separate.
    If they’re going to close the room then I’d relocate those things in case anyone didn’t have a chance to sign etc during the cocktail hour.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will actually have 2 bars....one in the cocktail room and one in the reception area. After the guests move into the reception area, I was told the staff will close the cocktail room. This way the guests aren't wandering from room to room, making the reception area look empty.
  • Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The only item we’ll be moving is our ceremony florals that will be repurposed in our reception space. I may have our welcome sign relocated in there as well since it has our order of events.
    Our cocktail space is where the bar will be the whole evening so we’ll keep our guestbook etc setup out there.
    Will your bar also stay in the cocktail space?
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Question for you Lissa....are you having any items moved from cocktail room to reception room? Im having a small floral arrangement, cardbox, jenga guestbook, polaroid. props and frame in one area of the cocktail room along with our seating chart and timelie chart. As you enter the reception room we have a bilingual welcome sign.
  • Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to have a engagement photos, florals, card box, guest book, date night idea jar and signage in the cocktail hour room along with our seating chart. In the hallway between the ceremony space and reception space I’m displaying my mums, nana and FMIL wedding dresses as well as the in memory candle and family wedding photos. In the reception room we’ll have our candy bar and cake setup with more floral and signs
  • Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a card box & as a guestbook we have a large wooden and acrylic heart frame that has little wooden hearts for guests to sign and drop in the frame.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Everyone. Sounds like we all have the same thoughts/plans in mind. Plan on leaving it all in the Cocktail Room.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a guest book, money box and heaven sign made at home. They looked great and didn't take up much space.
  • Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on having a seating chart, a box for cards (recycling from my brother's wedding, it's like a church shape, covered in white fabric).
    Also planning on having color coded shapes (like painted wooden cutouts for crafting) that match our theme. These will be used to help the staff at the hall identify people's menu choices.

My mom is also making little lot bagels for the kids (small activity books, crayons) because the speeches and stuff can get a little boring for them.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to have a seating chart, my guest book is a frame with tiny white hearts that people sign and drop it in the frame, with a sign that tells them what to do as most aren't sure and skip it, Bird cage for cards. I have a little sign I made for the specialty drinks for the bar and at the cake table wedding pictures of the different wedding generations.

Spread it out makes it fun for guests when they are looking around.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Guess the more that keeps the guests busy the better. And the bar 😊
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Even if you have a lot of items (ie card box, guest book, polaroid/photo booth, + more) you can always spread them out across the lobby instead of having them all at one table. If guests aren't allowed into the reception area until a certain time, or they're having cocktail hour in the lobby, it's something for them to look at or do.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just had a card box and a guest book
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a card box, a jenga guest book, a photo booth and yard games (giant jenga, giant connect four and a couple other options I cant remember) our guests loved the yard games!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great idea. I have a money box and polaroid camera as well. Having the guests take their pic and hang them on the open string frame we have. We also wanted to incorporate our fav game: Jenga. So we are placing Jenga pieces for them to sign.
  • Stevie
    Frequent user September 2023 Ontario
    Stevie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re planning on having a large clear box for cards to go in and a Polaroid camera. Instead of a guestbook where people tape their photos, im thinking of asking them to drop the photos in the same box as the cards. It will fill the box visually more and it’s less effort so more people are likely to do it. Plus, it’s easy to bring everything home after

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics