Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Selling or Keeping some of your decor?

Julie, on July 15, 2023 at 13:14 Posted in Just married 0 16
I knew right from the beginning that I would re sell everything that I purchased for the wedding. 2 months later all is sold, except for 2 items. I dont have the heart to sell them, yet. 🤣 Kept my white romper I changed into later in the night Not sure if I will ever wear it again, I could. And my welcome Bilingual sign. My DIY and love it. Wondering if any of you held back and kept amything for sentimental reasons?? Selling or Keeping some of your decor? 1

Selling or Keeping some of your decor? 2

16 Comments

Latest activity by Liberty, on July 20, 2023 at 20:16
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I planned to sell the majority of my decor but over a year later and its still sitting in boxes in the garage 😂 I did sell one thing before the wedding was even over. I made an unplugged ceremony sign and the rental company that set up the chairs for us (they also did the bartending for us) asked if they could buy the sign I made
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart Most definitely will

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am glad you decided to keep itSmiley smile I mean it looks like a nice outfit not to keep it and wear it, you probably looked amazing in it.

Now have fun with it at least once a year.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good point! Thank you. Made my decision much easier to keep the outfit Smiley smile

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart I am glad I was able to help Smiley smile We worked hard to plan a wedding, why not make a tradition out of the outfits we wore for that day or leading up to it?

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

O.M.G. What a great idea!!! I love that. I never would have thought of that LOL Done!!! Smiley heart

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm keeping my DIY welcome sign, I made it so we could hang it in our entrance. A few things I will be able to keep from the wedding.

But you have to keep some stuff, I would keep your Romper and wear it as your anniversary outfit, make it a tradition.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Mila! It was quick to sell everything off. It was weird to not have any more wedding planning so maybe that's why so quick? Smiley xd Hubby was quick to say it was ok to sell off his tuxedo jacket. I did keep my dress this time around as I loved it so much. Had it cleaned and preserved already Smiley heart

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on getting everything sold! That’s an impressive thing to do in, especially in two months. The two items you kept are beautiful! We’re still a few months away, given not much has been done I have no idea what would be kept. Fiancé has however said we absolutely must keep my wedding dress and his suit.
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds so lovely to hold on to for a friend Smiley smile

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kelli Smiley heart I'm still on the fence. Just not sure where to put the sign

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've actually kept all our items. Not really any sentimental feelings to them just been lazy to sell them, I'd be more inclined to offer to a friend getting married I think.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I thought so too since we DIY'd our seating chart I just knew i didn't want to sell it

• Kelli
    Featured September 2024 Alberta
    Kelli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First off both of the items are beautiful! If it holds sentimental value to you I’d keep it! Also take your time if you want to part with either of the items, there’s no rush!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Such great ideas Amanda! Never would have thought to keep the seating chart for pictures
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband and I have sold everything except for my bouquet, our flower centerpieces. Now that we've bought a house I'm going to take them apart and make a couple of arrangements our of them for our entry way and dinning room table. We've also kept our seating chart. I've taken all of our info out of it and We're going to put our honeymoon photos in it once we get back from Disneyland!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics