Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

mua Just dropped a bombshell!

Julie, on March 6, 2023 at 14:20 Posted in Beauty 0 8

2 months to go before the wedding and my MUA just informs me that she can no longer do my wedding as another one of her bookings has moved up their date, due to medical reasons. Smiley surprise she would be passing me on to one of her staff members who does both hair & makeup. Seriously???!!! With no offer a free trial to makeup for the last minute BOMBSHELL dropped in my lap. MUA's have given me nothing but trouble since I started looking last year. You book way ahead of schedule to be dropped like this??? I told her I was devasted to hear this and in lieu of this situation if she would be willing to allow her staff member to do a free makeup trial, sooner than later, to make sure I even like her style??.

So incase this is not going to work, I need a MUA in the Oakville/Burlington/Hamilton area that would be available for my day (highly unlikely) so any suggestions would be appreciated.

O.M.G. now i'm freaking out.... and you cannot cry at work! Smiley cry

Edited by WeddingWire

8 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on March 6, 2023 at 19:09
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

UPDATE - she refused to offer a complimentary trial with a new person. Basically telling me if she was sick she would have had to send someone else in her place. Point missed! She's not sick, I believe she decided to honor her other client because it was a bigger bridal party and she makes more money there. Whereas my party is only a party of 2. I looked at the new persons pics and for me, I did not like any of them, was not impressed. this is why you do a trial! She did return my deposit and now I'm left scrambling - she royally screwed me over.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Holy wow!! Amazing!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks so much fr this! I was fuming omw home.
    I told her: As u can appreciate, my wedding day is super important to me, where I'd prefer to be 100% comfortable with my MUA. Therefore photos won't exactly provide me with what my personal results of her work will end up looking like. So a trial (a complimentary one given the circumstances), I feel is crucial to ensure all will be as expected and agreed upon for my day. She said she agreed and would get back to me. Honestly I took a look at the pics she sent me and not sure I like the style.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

27 pounds!! That's amazing Carine!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope for you she does, two months isn't a long time, and what if you don't like the colleagues work?

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good to know, I've lost 27 pounds since I got measured for my dress when I bought it.

I'm afraid they won't be able to take it in that much if I keep losing. Smiley atonished Losing stress weight stresses me out.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm hoping she agrees to my proposal. I think that would be the honorable thing to do. Now I know why they say not to do your dress fittings too early - you stress the last 2 months and lose a ton of weight.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my god that is horrible, no compensation or anything?

I hope you find someone and good.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics