Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Centerpieces - Keeping or Giving Away?

Julie, on March 3, 2023 at 08:27 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

I have not come across any discussions on centerpiece giveaways so I thought I would ask.

For my centerpieces I will have manzanita trees and a floral arrangement at the base. The trees I purchased and I may keep them and/or sell them to a new bride. The flowers I would like to give away cause I cannot bring that many home LOL.

Do you plan on having a game / contest for your guests to see who takes it home for each table? Or did you rent them so not yours to give away?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on October 8, 2023 at 13:58
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are giving our centrepieces away, but I’m also keeping some for us and our parents
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly Carine! Cause then I have to pay for those ceramic squares Smiley cry

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Might be best in case they take the entire thing.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The florist showed me how she would incorporate those trees with the fresh flowers. The tree will be in ceramic box (rental) So only the flowers can be taken by guests. I may just tell one or two guests at the table to help themselves with the flowers instead of making it a game.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That could be fun too.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought them all online and are planning to sell them online after our wedding. In addition to the card box, 3 tier wood cake stand, backdrop and signage. Since we went with faux flowers, if the wedding party doesn't want to keep their bouquets i may also sell those so the florals are consistent

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I forgot about the sticker game. That's a thought. My daughter suggested the best Wedding Mad Libs from each table wins Smiley sexy

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friends wedding, her mom was giving away the bouquets and the centerpieces.

Thank god her aunt gave me my friends bouquet so gave it back to her right away, she was so mad, but grateful I wasn't just someone random and gave it back to her.

But I think making it a game, sticker under the chair, winner gets to take it home, or if you want it take it.

I ended up taking parts that I like out of the centerpiece; they were so big.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very pretty Amanda! Mine are all real flowers so can't sell them off (as much as I would like to LOL). The trees i'm definitely keeping

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We kept ours and as soon as we got home from our vacation I put everything up on marketplace and was able to recoup some of the money we spent on them.

These were our centerpieces

Centerpieces - Keeping or Giving Away? 1

Centerpieces - Keeping or Giving Away? 2

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are so pretty!!! I love the classic, simple, white look. Pretty much what I asked for Smiley sexy Ya, I can already see my dogs going nuts, wanting to eat them...Labs LOL

Will definitely take pics and post

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds pretty, can't wait to see photos, love the idea of the trees!

We gave ours away, we had 5 centerpieces and it worked out that we could take 1 home and 4 other ladies of my family wanted one so I was happy to give (like you, I did not need to bring them all home/no where to put lol).

Centerpieces - Keeping or Giving Away? 3

Centerpieces - Keeping or Giving Away? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics