Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Requesting Contact Info through Website issue???

Julie, on December 20, 2022 at 14:05 Posted in Tech support 0 8

Just have a random question for all of you that use the WeddingWire Request Info. Do guests have the ability to ADD a plus one?? I had guest (with no plus one linked to their name) but today I noticed this person now had a linked plus one. This was after I sent out the link requesting mailing address/contact info. When I went to unlink the new plus one, I noticed my guest was still on the guest list, no plus one but now the option of (pending/confirmed/declined) is no longer attached to him.

Anyone else having an issue?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on December 21, 2022 at 12:09
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Malyssa - I have absolutely no problem telling someone sorry but i'm limited in numbers lol. Glad to hear that you didn't have any issues with the RSVP'ing. I've been playing around with the guests/site all morning (no work being done today lol) and it's a good thing too. I was able to re add the guests to wedding event. I also tested out my website to see how guests RSVP, and was happy to see people that were linked together, showed up as one, no one can add an additional guest. I had to re name some guests cause I did notice the last name does not appear (which is good) but I have multiple names. If I wasn't stressed before about this, I definitely had it today LOL

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When they RSVP, they do not have the ability to add more guests. it must just be in the "request more info" link that allows it, because I had no issues with RSVPing. (at least that I was aware of)

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So for me, I did not use that link. if I needed more information, I just asked the guests directly. What I needed from my guests was very minimal so I had no issues using this site for my RSVP, but have heard that other sites have more options.

my only suggestion for you is to just delete those guests (I think you can do that by clicking the 3 dots on the right) and just remind the guests who added them that your numbers are limited so they do not have a plus 1 lol

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i wish I had known this before hand. Already did up my RSVP cards with this website on it. Oh well, not much I can do about it now. Let's hope when the guests get the invite, and see how it's addressed, they wont add more guests. Stressing!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is one of the reasons I went with the Knot. There's stuff on this site that we can't do, I love this site for the group chats, but everything else I do one the Knot.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Stress isn't even the word for it. I emailed tech support to see if they can shed some light on this. Or maybe i was wrong in putting in a plus one, when the guests are suppose to?? but still, that allows them unlimited number of guests. I did manage to figure out how to have the Pending/Confirmed/Declined status back for those guests.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately, I did not use this so I am totally not sure but that sounds stressful and how could that be that it allows guests to add on??

I'm hoping someone can help with this for you.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

UPDATE: so my daughter and I tested out the link to see what exactly my guests are seeing. when you send out the link it allows the guest to add an additional guest, with no limits. Well that's no good. What's the point in setting up a linked guest if they are just going to add more. And with no limit, they can add as many as they want. I think that needs to be looked into. My guest list jumped by 20. Now this only happened when she opened the link on her phone. On desktop, there is no option. Am I missing something?

As well, this is what has happened to my list when I removed their plus one.....How do i get back the pending box?? i have looked everywhere. I would hate to have to delete and re enter in guests.

Requesting Contact Info through Website issue??? 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics