Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Keep or Skip: Cutting of the Cake?

Julie, on September 19, 2022 at 12:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

Will you be keeping with tradition and making time to cut the wedding cake? Skip it? Or do something different all together?

For me, since this is both our second marriage, we decided we were skipping the cake all together. We noticed in the past that not everyone ate the cake and there was so much leftover. Plus FH is not a photo kinda guy and veto'd the cake / cupcake pics anyways. We (and by "we" I mean "me") are going with a cupcake mix, simple presentation, skipping pics and easier to eat if you want to take it to the dance floor Smiley smile

16 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on September 19, 2022 at 15:36
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL...compromise! Smiley smile

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha! Exactly my thoughts Malyssa!

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to do a one tier cake for us to cut into and then for the guests there is 3 different flavors of cupcakes to choose from, and of course they can have a piece of the cake! But we are definitely doing cake cutting - the deal was since I booked us a videographer without my FH knowing at first, we have to do the cake cutting and he wants to put a smudge of cake on my face. LOL

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a cake cutting because we removed some many other traditions. We won’t be serving the cake at the wedding though, it’ll go back in the fridge and we’ll serve the next day at the brunch. The night of we have a dessert course with dinner and then late night snacks, a candy bar and a Lithuanian tree cake people can eat
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We vetoed cake all together and went for donuts/squares/cookies - so no cutting for us. I LOVE sweets, but not necessarily cakes, so this way we got alot of variety, and if not everything gets eaten, we get to take all the extras home (oh darn hehe)

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did cake cutting because I wanted the cute pictures that went along with it! But we just got a small grocery store cake and also had dessert bar with lots of options for everyone!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree 100% cupcakes are awesome!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a cute cake! OMG love it

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We purposely used the wedding cake as our dessert course so we did do a cutting of the cake. We had a hero cake specifically for the moment.

Keep or Skip: Cutting of the Cake? 1

Keep or Skip: Cutting of the Cake? 2

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had mini desserts after our buffet dinner as well but everyone still wanted cake 2 and a half hours later when we did cut our cake at 915pm!

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having a cake specially made for the two of us, top tier for the one year anniversary and the bottom for us to cut and eat and have left overs. The venue includes a cake so that will go to our guests and bridal party... And me because i'm on a strict diet until the wedding.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Our cake lady did an amazing job!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Another reason we opted out of the cake, we have sweets after dinner plus a huge sweet table later on. Plus, I love cupcakes, not gonna lie Smiley smile

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a great looking cake!

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going with a one layer cake for us to cut, the guests will have their choice of cupcakes as part of our sweet table

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did the cutting of the cake but only our first slice and then then the winery cut the rest of the bottom layer for our guests. we have the whole top layer in our freezer to eat on our one year.

Keep or Skip: Cutting of the Cake? 3

Keep or Skip: Cutting of the Cake? 4

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics