Skip to main content
Julie
Julie

Burlington, Ontario · From May 2022

Just became a featured user on the site! YAY! Here to help in any way possible. My fiance & I are going to give this wedding/marriage thing another shot... View more

Just became a featured user on the site! YAY! Here to help in any way possible. My fiance & I are going to give this wedding/marriage thing another shot (second marriage for both). He popped the question May 2023. Live in Burlington, Ontario and getting married May 6, 2023.

🕐 WEDDING COUNTDOWN...

May 6, 2023

159days 8hrs : 19min
Alyx
Jamaica honeymoon
Alyx, Yesterday at 09:21

We just got back from our honeymoon in Montego Bay !! I highly recommend staying at the ocean eden (the adult side) coral spring is the family side! Such a beautiful hotel , only 2 years old ! Very...

Amanda, yesterday at 21:40 11
J
Venue not communicating?
Joy, On November 25, 2022 at 11:55

How long is an appropriate amount of time to wait for a venue to respond? The initial reply with a form to fill out was very quick, but I haven't heard anything back after sending the form, via...

Julie, friday 25-Nov-22 3
Julie
Ceremony Songs - Mutual Agreements or Surprises?
Julie, On November 14, 2022 at 14:43

Wondering how everyone has / is picking their ceremony songs. Did you pick them all yourself, mutually agreed with your partner or do you plan on surprising them with a song? Instrumental or Original...

Julie, friday 25-Nov-22 14
Julie
Just Venting....
Julie, On November 17, 2022 at 08:27

Just need to vent! We had our first meeting with the venue last night and OMG.....FH was driving me nuts!! He's left most of the planning (little things) up to me. So as we started going through the...

KELLY, friday 25-Nov-22 11
Katie
Walking down the aisle music
Katie, On November 24, 2022 at 14:22

Hi All, I've chosen "can't help falling in love with you" an instrumental version to walk down the aisle too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KZ460xFFPs The trouble is my wedding party is only 2...

KELLY, friday 25-Nov-22 4
D
Couples getting married on October 19, 2024 in Ontario
Dakota, On November 24, 2022 at 13:59

Hi! My partner Josh and got engaged on our 4th anniversary! He proposed at the Skylon Tower lookout after dinner and a beautiful day wine tasting We want a rustic theme with lots of candles and...

KELLY, friday 25-Nov-22 4
D
Breaking up with our photographer
Dharika, On November 21, 2022 at 20:55

My FH and I decided to terminate the contract with our photographer as we were extremely unhappy with the engagement photos. The session was scheduled for an hour but took 45 mins, 15 mins were me...

Carine, thursday 24-Nov-22 10
Corinne
Body insecurities
Corinne, On October 28, 2022 at 21:52

I just went to try on dresses for our Sept 30, 2023 wedding and I cried, and am still crying. I've never been so upset with my body until today. At least I have time to lose weight, but it feels so...

Linda, tuesday 22-Nov-22 10 1
Carine
Procession are you keeping it traditional or having fun?
Carine, On November 15, 2022 at 15:17

My plan is to have the boys jam it out to a song they all enjoy, so they can have their moment and their shine. Then I was thinking his grandparents, his parents, my party then me and my pops. What...

Carine, friday 25-Nov-22 14
Liberty
Let's talk vows!!
Liberty, On November 15, 2022 at 16:21

Are you and your partner planning on doing vows just the two of you in private or during the ceremony? There are so many options! My husband and I did private vows during our first look then did...

Carine, friday 25-Nov-22 11
Brittany
Bachelorette Parties!
Brittany, On November 15, 2022 at 10:27

Brides and Brides to Be! What did/are you planning for your bachelorette? Or did/are you allowing your bridal party to plan that for you? As much as I would love it for someone else to plan my...

Lisa, thursday 24-Nov-22 10
Adriana
Facility fee ... gratuity
Adriana, On November 10, 2022 at 13:30

Hi all I'm just trying to figure out if I need to budget for a gratuity or not since my venue is charging a 17% facility fee. Is this just another name for gratuity in the wedding world?? TIA

Linda, tuesday 22-Nov-22 5 1
Katherine
Unorthodox wedding photos?!
Katherine, On November 9, 2022 at 12:11

Hey! Getting married next September in the Rockies and my partner and I share a love for rock climbing. So obviously it just makes sense to take some photos of us on the wall with our photographer at...

Smith, saturday 12-Nov-22 7 1
S
Question on Food/ Dinner
Samantha, On November 9, 2022 at 20:22

Hi there, My wedding is not until 2024 however I had an idea today and wanted to see if it's tacky or if anyone else has done it, etc. My fiancé and I are love snacks and appetizers and finger foods....

KELLY, friday 25-Nov-22 8 1
Amanda
What does your guest list look like?!
Amanda, On November 8, 2022 at 21:59

Are you hosting a huge bash or a more intimate celebration? Are your invites going to mainly friends, or family? How did you decide on the number of guests? My husband and I only chose close friends...

Belle, saturday 26-Nov-22 21
Samantha
Didnt Tip the officiant
Samantha, On November 8, 2022 at 13:35

So I'm a little torn on this, I got married 10/22/2022 and had every intention of tipping the officiant, had the envelope with all the other vendors tips... until he pronounced us Mr. and Mrs. and...

KELLY, wednesday 9-Nov-22 7
C
How long to give a coordinator time to reply
Carla, On November 8, 2022 at 12:15

Hello What is the general rule for time to allow a coordinator to reply to your emails about booking your wedding date. Thanks

Smith, saturday 12-Nov-22 8 1
J
Toronto & gta Catering
Jennifer, On November 7, 2022 at 19:54

Hello, My fiance and I have settled on a venue but are wondering what to budget for our catering and food. Has anyone worked with Food Dudes or Hawley Crescent Catering and Events and have any idea...

Smith, saturday 12-Nov-22 4 2
L
Invitations
Lisa, On November 7, 2022 at 22:35

Hi everyone I’m new here may I ask how everyone got their guest address to mail out invites? And did you include the wedding website to rsvp on the invites?

KELLY, thursday 24-Nov-22 8
Lynnie
Congrats to the winner of the 69th edition WeddingWire contest!
Lynnie, On November 7, 2022 at 11:45

Please join me in congratulating Amanda & Adam - the winners of the 69th edition of the WeddingWire contest!! 🌟 Amanda & Adam: Here is what they had to say about winning $1,000: "When I...

Smith, saturday 12-Nov-22 4 2
Alyx
Weird message on wedding wire
Alyx, On November 7, 2022 at 10:25

Anyone else getting strange messages asking them to work on a project ? Felt creepy lol

Carine, tuesday 8-Nov-22 4
Lindsey
The Perfect Day
Lindsey, On November 6, 2022 at 13:58

October 16, 2022 was the most perfect day. After 14 years of being together we finally did it! It was everything we wanted and more. Here are a few sneak peeks that we got back from our amazing...

Lindsey, sunday 13-Nov-22 11 2
Julie
End of Reception - Last Song
Julie, On November 3, 2022 at 13:59

Have you decided on how you want to end your spectacular night? Slow song? or an upbeat hit? And what tune would that be? Or Sparkler send off?

Julie, friday 4-Nov-22 8
Mickayla
Idea's for games at the reception.
Mickayla, On November 3, 2022 at 17:13

I'm looking for ideas that we can use for games at the reception. I'm not wanting *clinking* of the glasses to get the couple to kiss. My older brother and his wife did that you have to tell a story...

CarmenTupOM, sunday 6-Nov-22 3
Jessica
What are your opinions on Kissing Games?
Jessica, On November 3, 2022 at 04:42

I am currently planning my wedding for May 2023, and am wondering if we should include a kissing game during our reception! I've seen it done at one wedding, but not many!

Joy, monday 21-Nov-22 14 1
Julie
Order of Events Wording
Julie, On November 1, 2022 at 14:35

Wondering who is posting an Order of Events for their day? Do you plan on keep it simple or a little silly?

Alyx, thursday 3-Nov-22 9
Julie
Online Invitations
Julie, On October 28, 2022 at 12:39

Question to any of you that have used the Online Invitation section. - are you able to select certain guests to send your invitation to? Or does it automatically go out to everyone? I do not want to...

Julie, monday 31-Oct-22 4
Kristyn
Wedding favours
Kristyn, On October 29, 2022 at 18:24

Just wondering if people still do wedding favours and what you have or plan on doing? I’m conflicted about it, I feel like that money could be spent elsewhere. Is it a thing of the past?!?!

Audrea, tuesday 22-Nov-22 30 1

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics