Amanda

London, Ontario · From November 2019

Happily married 🎉

July 2, 2020

1393days 10hrs
Maria
Elopement Questions & Ideas
Maria, On September 9, 2020 at 09:29

Hi Guys, Like most of us, COVID has done a number to our weddings. My original plan was Jan 2021 Havana, Cuba... but that doesn't look to be an option. Oh well, I've come to the point in my planning...

Amanda, friday 14-May-21 8
Kirsten
Involving cat in wedding :)
Kirsten, On May 9, 2021 at 15:00

We’re eloping due to covid and getting back into planning and wanted to focus on something fun! Any ideas of how to involve our cat in our wedding? We’ll be doing a hiking elopement so we were...

Vinod, thursday 27-May-21 12 1
Charlotte
Cake stand
Charlotte, On April 10, 2021 at 19:02

Hey! I’m on the hunt for a rust tiered cake stand as we are doing something similar to this picture. Wondering where is the best place to purchase the stand. I’m having a hard time finding one!

Amanda, saturday 17-Apr-21 2
Liberty
Ceremony location frustration
Liberty, On April 12, 2021 at 17:49

I have been emailing with the town to book a park for our ceremony location. They are taking between 2-3 weeks to get back to emails. My fiance has tried to call twice and both times his calls were...

Vinod, sunday 18-Apr-21 12
Vanessa
We did it! #married
Vanessa, On December 7, 2020 at 14:16

Love is not cancelled Due to Covid, we had to postpone our ceremony/reception to next December but we decided to still get legally married this year so that way next year, it will be our one year...

Clinton Lynch, saturday 13-Mar-21 20 1
Christiana
Feeling Discouraged and Unsupported
Christiana, On October 27, 2020 at 13:32

Hi everyone! This is more of a rant post rather than looking for advice, but I feel like there must be other people in here experiencing similar things to me and thought this might help others feel...

Rosi, friday 6-Nov-20 22 1
Alison
We did it!
Alison, On September 2, 2020 at 21:18

We did it! 🤗 We postponed our big celebration until next year and went through with a small ceremony this past weekend with our immediate family and bridal party at my in-laws farm. While the day was...

Amanda, thursday 29-Oct-20 19
A
We did it!
Amelia, On October 15, 2020 at 14:57

We tied the knot on September 26 and had a perfect, intimate day with our closest family and friends. Our photographer was super quick in getting us a bunch of photos so just wanted to share a few of...

Amanda, thursday 29-Oct-20 15
Stephanie
Wedding photos.
Stephanie, On October 20, 2020 at 16:22

We were lucky enough to still be able to get married on August 1st 2020. It is now October 19th and we still haven't gotten our wedding photos. I understand that it can take time to process thousands...

Vinod, friday 6-Nov-20 10
Vanessa
Cutting down guests. How would you tell them they are not included on the 50 guests?
Vanessa, On October 20, 2020 at 19:31

Because of the restrictions here in Ontario and the venue that we have they are only allowing 50 guests. My question is how do we tell other guests that they are not included on the 50 guest list? We...

Alyssa, friday 6-Nov-20 13 1
Dina
Bankruptcy of Hacienda Sarria
Dina, On October 21, 2020 at 22:49

We had this venue booked for August of next year and just found out this evening they have filed for bankruptcy....my heart is broken. I'm sure there are lots of other couples out there who are now...

Vinod, wednesday 4-Nov-20 18
Natalia
Fake Flowers
Natalia, On October 22, 2020 at 10:16

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a place to get Silk Flowers from? I want to make my own bouquets with a wildflower aesthetic.

Amanda, thursday 29-Oct-20 4
Genna
Daughter is my bridesmaid, need a gift idea
Genna, On October 22, 2020 at 23:50

My daughter will be 13 when I marry and I just found out people gift their wedding party. I had no idea and I love it. Being that it is my daughter I have no idea what to give her. Also my son who...

Amanda, thursday 29-Oct-20 3
Maria
Thinking of a mini wedding New Year's Day. Thoughts or suggestions on a venue?
Maria, On October 26, 2020 at 14:14

Hi All! My fiancé and I had our June 27th, 2020 wedding postponed to June 26th, 2021. We have been toying with the idea of getting married Jan 1st (it's our anniversary of when we officially started...

Vinod, wednesday 4-Nov-20 5 1
Amanda
Need help finding shoes!!
Amanda, On October 26, 2020 at 18:56

I am having such a hard time finding closed toe pumps that I like for my fall wedding. I liked a few from le chateau but with the news that they are closing, I’m hesitant to buy them online in case I...

Sharon, friday 13-Nov-20 6
V
Wedding Tent Advice
Veronica, On October 27, 2020 at 22:25

Has anyone used a tent for their wedding reception? I love the look of these tents below, but have no idea about the cost/setup/other considerations when using a structure like this. I'm hoping that...

Mais, friday 30-Oct-20 7
Kristin
Choosing a Photographer
Kristin, On October 26, 2020 at 08:21

Hello everyone! My fiancé and I have met a total of four photographers (via zoom) and we have been able to narrow our choices down to two. However we can’t decide and we need your help!! Option 1Fair...

Kristin, sunday 8-Nov-20 10
EbonyAriana
We did it!! 09/18/20
EbonyAriana, On September 29, 2020 at 01:52

We finally were able to get married amongst all the craziness happening in the world. Everything was perfect and we couldn't have wished for a more beautiful day. We had overcast and sunny weather and...

Vinod, wednesday 14-Oct-20 18
Stefanie
Artificial flowers
Stefanie, On September 17, 2020 at 12:13

I am looking for the best places to order artificial flowers online! I need them for my center pieces and lanterns lining the isle! Where have you gotten flowers from?

Deborah, wednesday 23-Sep-20 7
Sara
Wedding Cake!
Sara, On September 17, 2020 at 10:23

Hello Ladies! I met with a bakery in Ontario yesterday to discuss wedding cake and the price I was quoted absolutely SHOCKED me. The cake we envisioned is very simple, two tiers, 8" with 6" on top....

Jennifer, thursday 8-Oct-20 27
Marise
Harp Music
Marise, On September 9, 2020 at 21:38

Hi everyone! Has anyone used a harp for their wedding or planning on using one? I love the romantic sound it conveys. Just interested if anyone has any good song suggestions to be played...

Sarah, saturday 12-Sep-20 8
Kourtney
Teeth whitening
Kourtney, On September 10, 2020 at 16:35

Hello ladies, I am an ex smoker and daily coffee drinker. one of the things I am most self conscious about is my teeth. They are nice and straight but sadly not so white. What are some of the cheaper...

Amanda, saturday 12-Sep-20 11
Clare
Cheap flowers
Clare, On September 4, 2020 at 14:36

Hey , Can anyone recommend any places / websites to get some cheap fake & real flowers?

Ashley, wednesday 23-Sep-20 12
Amanda
Caterers in Tillsonburg area
Amanda, On September 3, 2020 at 07:19

Hi there Does anyone have any recommendations for caterers in the Tillsonburg Ontario area , also should I look for a caterer close the venue location ??

Brianna, friday 9-Oct-20 36
T
Burgundy artificial flowers
Teri, On August 28, 2020 at 13:55

For those of you who used burgundy artificial flowers where did you order from? I'm looking for a true burgundy, most I find look more red. Thanks!

Amanda, saturday 29-Aug-20 3
Alyssa
Staying within your budget- money saving
Alyssa, On August 19, 2020 at 12:22

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I are determined to stay within our budget. I’m curious to hear about your tips and ideas on how you saved or plan to save money for your wedding! Alyssa

Geneviève, monday 31-Aug-20 9
Marissa
How are you celebrating your anniversary?
Marissa, On August 11, 2020 at 22:07

Today was our 1st wedding anniversary! We chose to keep it lowkey and order in, since we didn't want to take a chance on dining out just yet. We did, however, stick to one special plan which was to...

Marissa, wednesday 23-Sep-20 18
S
Picked up my dress today
Stephanie, On August 9, 2020 at 21:27

Recently we postponed our wedding. We were supposed to get married in 6 months. But we actually postponed to Feb 2022. I dont see things clearing up soon enough for us to have the wedding we...

Christina, thursday 20-Aug-20 7
L
We did it, We got married during Covid!
LJ Hisey, On July 26, 2020 at 09:55

We did it! Let me tell you I am so glad we decided to go with the flow and have an intimate wedding in our parents backyard. It was so special and amazing to have the closest 25 people with us to...

Veronica, wednesday 5-Aug-20 19
Hikmat
Wedding budgeting
Hikmat, On July 27, 2020 at 02:13

Hello everyone, my fiancé and I are planning on having a wedding around may to June 2021, and let me just say I’ve been so stressed out! We want to have a reception wedding so we can enjoy it with out...

Amanda, thursday 30-Jul-20 8 1
Lisa
Favours?
Lisa, On July 17, 2020 at 09:18

What would people like to receive as wedding favours?

Amelia, sunday 19-Jul-20 8
A
Lash extensions for first time before wedding- too risky?
Anna, On July 17, 2020 at 15:28

I've booked a last extension appointment for 3 days before my wedding. I've never had them before. For anyone who has- do you think this is risky? I was planning to try them out for a few months...

Trish, thursday 23-Jul-20 11

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics