Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marise
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Harp Music

Marise, on September 9, 2020 at 21:38 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

Hi everyone!

Has anyone used a harp for their wedding or planning on using one? I love the romantic sound it conveys. Just interested if anyone has any good song suggestions to be played instrumentally using the harp? I'm interested in songs for the processional, signing of the marriage licence, and when my husband and I walk down the aisle together after we're married!

Thanks!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on September 12, 2020 at 23:20
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom had a harpist and we fell in love with Liane James' music at a bridal show so she will be doing our ceremony. Definitely listen to some songs youre looking at done by harpists and ask around to find one who fits your vision!
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would find a harpist you like and when you meet with them they usually will play pieces if sings so you can pick what you like Smiley smile
  • Marise
    Marise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Marise
    Marise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Great suggestions, I will check them out

• Marise
    Marise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Harp music is soft and romantic to enjoy. YouTube may have songs suggestable to play at the ceremony. Asking the harpist is also helpful since they know songs in the area of your interest to play for you when booking.

I attended a wedding where a live band was playing the first dance song.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a harpist! These were some of the songs we had--they were recommended by our harpist for weddings: Canon D, Who will sing for the nightingales, Falling into heaven, Star of county down, Castle of Dromore, Jesus joy of men's desire.
    We also requested the theme songs from Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle because we love Studio Ghibli movies.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not the harp but I've attended weddings where the procession was done with other pluck stringed instruments and it sounds wonderful, especially if you're in a space with nice acoustics. It also works really well in older looking spaces or cathedrals.

You can look up harp covers on YouTube to get a feel of what you would like. All of my friends who musicians and bands played pop songs instead of the classical stuff that is normally associated with such instruments.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics