Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maria
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Thinking of a mini wedding New Year's Day. Thoughts or suggestions on a venue?

Maria, on October 26, 2020 at 14:14 Posted in Ontario 1 5
Hi All!

My fiancé and I had our June 27th, 2020 wedding postponed to June 26th, 2021. We have been toying with the idea of getting married Jan 1st (it's our anniversary of when we officially started dating), but we are stuck on a venue... Ideas? It would be for 20 people at the absolute maximum (more like 10, really). Thanks ☺️

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 4, 2020 at 11:25
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

New Years day is your special day, go for it without a second thought. Its a day to remember and make it yours together to make 2 celebrations in 1 day. Catering or going to a restaurant is nice to celebrate with your family and close friends after.

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a cute idea! I would pick a restaurant that has a space you can rent out, personally, or one that has meaning to you (first date, etc). I'm sure there's a local restaurant that would love to host you and might even let you decorate a bit.

Or get married outside if you're into cold weather and then celebrate at a restaurant (Phoebe's wedding from friends, where she gets married in the street while its snowing comes to mind)
  • K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! What a wonderful way to start out the New Year! I agree at home or in a nice restaurant would be a great idea! Being married in front of the family fireplace or the Christmas tree surrounded by your closest family and friends is a wonderful moment. Go for it! Don't let Covid crush love!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're doing it on the afternoon of Jan 1, I would pick a restaurant. But if you wanted to do it on New Year's Eve and party until after the countdown, I would do it at home for financial and safety reasons. Unless your region reenters into Stage 2, any venue will likely want to take advantage of New Years celebrations to make money and a rental that night will cost you an arm and a leg.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the idea of using your existing anniversary! If you're having a small party on new years day you should be safe to find a small venue or host at a home, if you're thinking of nye most places will be booked solid, even with covid changing people's plans.

Restaurants, theatre or dance rehearsal spaces, or someone's home would work. We had about 18 at my parents house, and it isn't large just an average bungalow.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics