Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marissa
Expert August 2019 Ontario

How are you celebrating your anniversary?

Marissa, on August 11, 2020 at 22:07 Posted in Just married 0 18
Today was our 1st wedding anniversary! We chose to keep it lowkey and order in, since we didn't want to take a chance on dining out just yet. We did, however, stick to one special plan which was to recreate our wedding cake. We ordered it from the same bakery, and it really brought the memories back.
For those of you who got married last year, how did/will you spend your first anniversary this year?
Those of you who got married this year or who are still planning, do you have any ideas or special plans for your first anniversary?
How are you celebrating your anniversary? 1

18 Comments

Latest activity by Marissa, on September 23, 2020 at 18:08
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds really nice. I'm crossing my fingers for you that things improve by then.
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Happy almost anniversary! If you did a different dessert, like cupcakes or donuts, you could always order just a little of that 🙂
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I are hoping that our 1 year anniversary will be spent with his family in Arizona. Due to Covid my husband could not have any family members attend our wedding. We thought we would do our best to do a small re-creation of our wedding for them, and I will wear a wedding dress again to make it special for them.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is such a cool idea - My anniversary is coming up on the 5th of October so I came back to this site to see if anybody had done something Smiley tongue

We didn't have a cake - but I still think this would be super cute!

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Happy Anniversary! Smiley smile

For our anniversary next year we are planning to have a dance/reception and go on our original honeymoon that had to be postponed this year. Although I'm not convinced it will happen next year either 🤔
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!

Our first anniversary will be our reception next year with all our friends and family (covid willing).
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How exciting! Celebrating as three will definitely make it special.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love this! We froze part of our cake to save for this year. So we will most likely have that. Not sure how things will be early October, but we will see what happens.

We will also be celebrating with our first child so it will be a great first anniversary!

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds really nice! We also had my parents there yesterday, as we live with them. They also celebrated their 34th anniversary on the weekend.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Happy Anniversary!

Its amazing how time flies not knowing we celebrate anniversaries. We will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary this month on 25th. We celebrated with my parents cutting the top cake tier saved from the wedding day. It was amazing as it was the day we cut it. This year we will go up to our 2nd family and spend it with them (friends for life) in Oshawa.

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fingers crossed a bit of travel is allowed by then. We were considering going to Niagara-on-the-lake this year for a weekend because that was where we got engaged, but covid prevented that. The one positive is that we are saving a bit of money this year by not going out. Where are you considering taking a trip if you can?
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I suppose in this crazy new world many couples will spend their first anniversaries hosting their reception!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve done the traditional freezing of the top tier of our cake which we will eat on our first anniversary next year. We’ll probably just go out to dinner the day of to celebrate. It’s be nice to go on a little trip, but with COVID I don’t think we’ll be travelling anywhere still come January.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is cute! I love the idea of recreating your cake!

We are getting married on our original date in two months and will host our big wedding that was postponed a few days before our first anniversary. So we will probably spend our anniversary relaxing post wedding and opening cards/writing thank you notes

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like it will be a lot of fun!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

California! My fiance and I have both been there 4 times but this will the first with each other! We'll also be doing Six Flags Magic Mountain, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Sea World and San Diego Zoo!

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome! Will it be Disneyland in California or Orlando? I went to the one in California once when I was 10 and it was really fun. I'd love to visit again one day with my future kids.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When my fiance and I get married next year August 7 2021, we are going to Disneyland the following year for our 1 year anniversary as our honeymoon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics