Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Frequent user August 2020 Ontario

Lash extensions for first time before wedding- too risky?

Anna, on July 17, 2020 at 15:28 Posted in Beauty 0 11

I've booked a last extension appointment for 3 days before my wedding. I've never had them before.

For anyone who has- do you think this is risky? I was planning to try them out for a few months beforehand but with the pandemic I wasn't able to.
I really don't like falsies as due to my eye shape they almost always come loose in the inner corner.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Trish, on July 23, 2020 at 10:31
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL! I think they're amazing - wake up and go!!

• A
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got them yesterday and they are incredible! I am totally going to be addicted...

• T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In terms of how eyelash extensions feel - I didn't mind them at all. I only had a half set but you get used to them pretty quickly.. and honestly - you may become addicted.. hahah

However - I have seen some reactions to the glues they use. I would recommend doing it before the wedding so you can test that out...

• A
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. I'm booked to go on Wednesday and then to get a fill 3 days before my wedding. Appreciate all your advice!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've had mysterious allergic reactions so I plan to book a makeup trial to find out if I might react to their products. I feel like doing the same with extensions is a good idea. I would hate to have itchy, red, puffy eyes on the day because they don't agree with you or you aren't used to wearing them.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont much about this but I know someone who reacted poorly and their eyes became very swollen. Are you able to go a week or two before? I'm sure your eyelashes are beautiful the way they are. I know you said you don't really like false ones but if you cant get in earlier maybe they would stay on long enough for photos?
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Like a few of the previous posters have said and I agree, don't make the first time doing lashes for that close to the wedding. I'd you have a bad reaction... There's no time to recover before the big day and, depending on the degree of reaction, you could be feeling pretty poopy on the day of too.
    Personally, I think this role applies to trying any type of skin care, make up, treatment, etc. If you haven't tried it before, just stick with the old faithful
  • Kelly
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go two weeks before if you can, then get them filled right before the wedding. That way you'll know you won't react to the glue. They never last as long the first application, so two weeks before and then a fill should be good. That said, I have sensitive skin and was worried I might react so I decided to try them out in Feb for the first time. I was perfectly fine, but obviously everyone is different! Just make sure you go somewhere reputable too, there's lots of places that do lashes now but they're not always great

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go a couple of weeks before, that way you know if you have a reaction to them or not. If not, go in a few days before the wedding for a fill

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would book them two weeks in advance, just to make sure you don’t react to the glue, and then schedule a fill a few days prior to the big day.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there any way you can get in before then? Generally I'd say trying out any permanent/semi-permanent makeup/skincare/hair thing just before your wedding is not a good idea.

Have you tried individual false lashes? They're the only type of temporary/false lash I would recommend to a bride wanting natural looking, yet full and long lashes. Strip lashes will most likely be visible unless you're planning on doing liquid/gel liner. And as you said, they can come off on the edges. Individual lashes really blend in and are much more comfortable to wear in my opinion. (I used to do makeup for a living and have done bridal makeup in the past so I have some experience in this.) Do you have a makeup artist? If so he/she should be able to give you some advice and guidance on what they're able to do.

But if you can't get an earlier appointment and you're set on getting lash extensions, I'd recommend making sure you're going to a place that has good reviews or has been recommended by someone you can trust. Worst case scenario, I think salons can remove them with a special solution if you absolutely hate them, but that's cutting it pretty close to the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics