Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maria
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Elopement Questions & Ideas

Maria, on September 9, 2020 at 09:29 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8

Hi Guys,

Like most of us, COVID has done a number to our weddings. My original plan was Jan 2021 Havana, Cuba... but that doesn't look to be an option. Oh well, I've come to the point in my planning where "When life gives you lemons..."

So here we are, creating plans B through Z. But my partner and I would rather take that money and use towards our house renos, student loans, etc. So we're looking at the idea of elopement. I was hoping there was someone here who could let me know some information.

Whats the process like?

Where are some places in Ontario (we're not feeling the idea of outside Ontario) you would suggest

Any recommendations for any of it

Would you consider using a ceremony space of a venue?

Thanks in advance!

Maria

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 14, 2021 at 15:40
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I hope you guys are able to find something that makes you happy! Smiley smile
  • Maria
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! that sounds beautiful. We still havent done anything yet. We're on a micromony/elopement feel right now. Hopefully we can do something soon.

Congratulations on your wedding Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just got married July 2nd- right as restrictions were starting to relax. We didnt elope, but our plan was to always keep it on the smaller side- about 30 guests. After covid hit we too felt we didnt want to wait and we'd rather put the money towards a nice trip or honeymoon so our wedding only had 6 guests. We got married at a conservation area (rental cost was $3/person but we gave them $100 because we love the spot and it would have cost us way more somewhere else). We went back to our yard for cake; it was honestly super nice and we loved how it all turned out 🥰

I'd suggest looking for something similar; a park, conservation area, etc. Maybe there is somewhere near you that has meaning? A place meaningful to you is always beautiful because of the story it tells.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These questions or inquires can be answered by the wedding coordinator and know better for a better choice to make towards your preference.

• Maria
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply!

I have a venue and reception option right now. But I’m looking into something with my FH, an officiant, photographer and maybe witnesses.
    I’m not sure where would be some nice venues. Or if I should do it inside or outside. Lol. This is new to me. I don’t know many people who went this route
  • Maria
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the reply!

We’ve got both options in mind - but with our numbers going back up - I think the 2 of us an officiant and photographer (which could even be our witnesses) and soon would be best.
    We’ve got some farm land (in the family) which we intend to use for the party whenever this is over with ALL family friends and some haha! So I’m not worried about that part.
    I just want amazing photos! LOL so the scenery is what I’m looking for in terms of where to elope. My FH doesn’t really care about where, when, or how he’s very much a “tell me where and when and I’ll be there”Kinda guy.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Creating a back up plan for the wedding day is harder and depending on where you are living. Venues to hold the wedding and reception is easier than to be travelling 2 different location for guests to enjoy cocktail hour in between.

You two have a style (modern, rustic, casual, etc.) in mind to see places. Compare prices of 3 best locations within your budget for the better deal.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Maria!

You're definitely right, I've been through plans B-Z this year! At one point elopement was on our list.
    I would figure out what you mean by elopement. Just the two of you and the legally required people, or a small gathering of you with closest family? Once you know that you'll know how much space you need for the ceremony and any kind of post ceremony celebration you want. We had been planning on only us, witnesses, officiant and photographer when that was what our province allowed and our group would have fit anywhere.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics