Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Newbie August 2020 British Columbia

Wedding photos.

Stephanie, on October 20, 2020 at 16:22 Posted in Just married 0 10
We were lucky enough to still be able to get married on August 1st 2020. It is now October 19th and we still haven't gotten our wedding photos. I understand that it can take time to process thousands of photos from a wedding. But when is it time to say enough is enough and ask for our photos. Any advice on how to deal with the situation. Am I just being antsy can just sit back and wait please help.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 6, 2020 at 11:34
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The photos shouldn't take more than a month or month and a half to get back to you. The photographer may be held back with the other couples to delay on your pictures to edit. Send a friendly email or call personally to find out what's happening of the time frame update.

• Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my pictures and video and we got married on September 12, I definitely think they are taking long
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. I think I will do just that.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would wait until the first and politely check in and say you are so excited to see them and show then to your families. If they are doing this part time and have a full time job take that into consideration as well but I feel like three months is plenty of time.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend didn't think about putting a time in her contract and had to wait close to 6 months. Which was even more frustrating because the photographer posted weddings on her website that came after my friends. She had everything paid in full before wedding date so had no choice but to just wait till the photographer was ready to give them.... Definitely not the photographer I'll use to say the least. I hope you get your pictures soon.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can't remember what the contract says. I will have to go back and look. That is a great suggestion. Thank you Hank.
  • Mais
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I feel that’s long. I would follow up again to be honest.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have responded to them a month ago and they said they took thousands it will take time. No time line given. Just a wait and see response. She did 2 weeks later give a 10 photos. In hopes I could do thank you cards. But its just photos of the wedding party. I'm trying to be civil and understanding about the whole situation. But its going on most 3 months now.
  • Mais
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married September 12 and haven’t gotten them. But I think 6-8 weeks is normal. In your case I feel that it’s a little over due. Have you been in touch with them?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does your contract state a timeline (ie delivery 8 weeks after wedding)? If not, have you asked for a timeline? Have they reached out to you at all on their workload and progress? You can also ask for an update and see where things are at.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics