Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Newbie April 2021 Ontario

Favours?

Lisa, on July 17, 2020 at 09:18 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
What would people like to receive as wedding favours?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on July 19, 2020 at 21:54
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're skipping favors. Most people leave them behind and they're an unnecessary expense.

If you really need them I would go with something edible. That way people can take extras at the end of the night or you and your wedding party can eat them. Cookies, candy, jam or syrup are all popular and easy.
    I would avoid personalized items. I don't think anyone really wants a shot glass/bottle opener/keychain with your wedding date on it. Maybe your mom, but she's a bit biased.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I aren't doing favors. You don't need to have them if you really don't want to. Most of the time people forget to take them home at the end of the night

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Food 😅. My cousins wedding did a "Love is Sweet" sign and had a bunch of little candy bags which I thought was pretty fun. I've been to others where they just double up and the cupcake/cake is the favour. One of my best friends did a photobooth with a bunch of props which was also really fun; we still have the photo on our fridge two years later.
  • Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing mini hand sanitizer bottles with custom labels. Useful and cute Smiley smile

• Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have recieved the following at different events: photobooth photos, a bookmark with the names of the wedding party and distinguished guests, Engraved pens, engraved travel mugs. I've used all of the above items that were recieved. Depending on your guests, and your budget, I would get something that would be useful. I also do like edible favours.
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like reeving wedding favors as long as they are unique and actually usable. I've received so many shot glasses that broke or coasters that I don't use ..

On another note, I attended a wedding two years ago and they actually gave a donation to the Humane Society on behalf of the guests and I thought that was very sweet! They gave each couple a picture from their engagement photos with a little note on the donation - it was great because I just put it on my fridge.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I second a photobooth because it doubles as a favour and a fun/interactive activity! Otherwise, I would go for something edible (small bags of candy, chocolate, etc.) rather than some kind of trinket. Some guests will inevitably leave their favours behind and at least if it’s edible you and your fiancé can make use of it!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photobooth photo would be my pick.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics