Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Curious May 2024 Ontario

Wedding Tent Advice

Veronica, on October 27, 2020 at 22:25 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

Has anyone used a tent for their wedding reception? I love the look of these tents below, but have no idea about the cost/setup/other considerations when using a structure like this. I'm hoping that we could save some cost on the venue by using a tent like this in a space but I'm curious to hear from people's first hand experience. If you used one, please share your experience!

Wedding Tent Advice 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Mais, on October 30, 2020 at 13:38
  • Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My florist is Sima, she is a vendor on my wedding wire. As for the tent and flooring the vendor is Gervais Rentals
  • Mais
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Entrance floor, dance floor, tent and string lights it was about $3600. Drapery and greenery about $1800. I mean I did save drastically going from 200 guest count to 50 and I wanted to have a magical day that I have always wanted so that justified the extra money spend. I got a huge tent tho because I wanted to social distance. You can easily get a smaller tent depending on your count
  • V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I'm a bit worried about all of the potential additional costs but I really love the look

• V
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow this looks so gorgeous!! Yes I would love to know your vendor. Also, approximately how many people did you have?

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with what Hank said. We looked into this originally and it was going to cost the same, if not more, than just renting a place with everything on site.
  • Mais
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a beautiful tent wedding. Not our first choice but with Covid it was the safest and I am so glad we had it outdoors. Flowers and decor costed about $1500 more. We got a large ten 30x60 which was about $1900. We also installed flooring and dance floors. The whole thing cost about $5000 more but was so worth it. You will really need to do your homework and shop around tho. Let me know if you want my vendors they really work on all budgets. I was very particular with the look though. Wedding Tent Advice 2

Wedding Tent Advice 3

Wedding Tent Advice 4
    Wedding Tent Advice 5

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They would definitely not be cheaper than an all-inclusive venue. Unless the tent is already in place, you will have to a) rent the tent, b) rent the property where the tent will go, c) pay for labour to get it up and tear it down, d) have a power supply for everything in the tent including food service, heating, lights, sound etc, e) depending on where you are, have a clean and drinkable water supply available, and f) renting porta-potties.

A lot of people underestimate the little costs that add up and the various factors that make a space like this a comfortable one for a large amount of guests.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics