Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kourtney
Beginner September 2021 Ontario

Teeth whitening

Kourtney, on September 10, 2020 at 16:35 Posted in Beauty 0 11

Hello ladies,

I am an ex smoker and daily coffee drinker. one of the things I am most self conscious about is my teeth. They are nice and straight but sadly not so white. What are some of the cheaper methods you have used or are going to use for the big day that work like a charm? I am horrible at being consistent. I have just started a new face routine although I cannot commit to twice a day with it just yet I have been to keep up once a day. What products did you get for a decent price and had great results with?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on September 12, 2020 at 22:19
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dentist actually gave me a whitening kit as a sort of wedding present. Maybe ask you dentist if there's something they would recommend or do for you there?
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used white strips years ago and they made my gums recede. I would not recommend them without first talking to your dentist.

A cleaning and then weekly baking soda brushing will work wonders. I make a coconut oil baking soda toothpaste from Trash is for Tossers and I really like it, I just don't use it daily.
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I haven’t measured it. I would just dip your toothbrush in a little bowl of it. Maybe google it for better measurement.
  • Kourtney
    Kourtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The things we do haha.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeh I have looked into the light too but the one from crest comes with strips you have to put on with it and still makes them sensative. The charcoal toothpaste i feel is a gimmick I to tried that Smiley tongue Hell I even did the mashing a strawberry and mixing the juices with baking soda. I did notice a change but I was gagging brushing with it Smiley xd

• Kourtney
    Kourtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How much baking soda? Do you mix it with toothpaste or water?
  • Kourtney
    Kourtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had tried a no name version of the strips and found they did nothing and made my teeth sensitive as well. I have seen lots of ads about the led light things but am still sceptical. I have tried charcoal toothpaste as well and haven't noticed a difference. I will look into the activated charcoal though.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I quit smoking last October and I always said if I can make it to the 6 month mark then i will treat myself to a teeth whitening of some sort. I bought crest white strips and I dont suggest them! They make your teeth so sensative and hardly do the trick. I could only stand 3 uses and couldnt bare it anymore. Before the wedding I plan on getting the whitening done that they do in the actual dental office.

For the time being I use activated charcoal powder 3 times a weeks and brush for 5 minutes and have been very happy with the results from that!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Crest white strips works like a charm!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I suggest going for a basic cleaning, especially if you have insurance. If not, you can find cheaper cleanings at dental hygienists rather than going to a full-fledged dentist. You'd be surprised at what a basic cleaning will do on making teeth look whiter. And they will add enamel protectors as opposed to off the shelf products that can erode it.

• Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Baking soda works wonders. Just be careful you don’t over brush with it. Also, you can get charcoal toothpaste from the drug store for less than $10. It’s a substitute for your regular toothpaste and it’s natural.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics