Skip to main content
Tina
Tina

Ottawa, Ontario · From January 2019

Happily married 🎉

July 24, 2021

1000days 11hrs
N
Anyone else's parents or family not financially contributing to wedding at all?
Nz, On February 25, 2021 at 12:02

My fiancee and I crunched some numbers the other day after I've been spending the last week contacting venues and making spreadsheets for costs for every little thing for each place. Turns out with...

Kate, saturday 18-Nov-23 23
Megan
Open bar vs cash bar
Megan, On March 2, 2021 at 09:39

Hi all! So my fiancé and I have postponed our wedding to April 2022 now and although we don’t plan on changing any aspect of our wedding since it was already planned for this year, I’m having doubts...

Brianna, thursday 1-Apr-21 28
Rachel
What does a covid wedding look like?
Rachel, On February 26, 2021 at 13:10

While we are waiting to see if we can even get married in September, part of me is averse to the idea of a socially distanced, masked event. For our 40-person wedding, will we even be allowed to hug...

Christiana, tuesday 2-Mar-21 20
D
Downsizing: how have your venues responded to lower guests than your min?
Deanne, On February 26, 2021 at 07:32

Hi everyone! I’m trying to get an idea of what your venues have allowed for a lower guest count than what was originally agreed to given the ongoing pandemic? We signed back in 2018 for 80 guests for...

Vinod, sunday 28-Feb-21 9
Alyssa
Spenders guilt/remorse
Alyssa, On September 18, 2020 at 23:29

Hey everyone. When I started planning my wedding and booking things I was really excited. Now that I’m starting to move forward in the planning process I noticed I’m starting to experience really bad...

Karina, saturday 26-Sep-20 8
Ashley
Churches are open at 30% so why cant i have my wedding!!
Ashley, On June 12, 2020 at 17:16

So today in ontario we are allowed to have churches and other religious places open and have 30% capacity. i drove by a huge religious building 2 hours ago and there was a massive line up i mean...

Clauds, thursday 18-Jun-20 21
Tina
Why are venues increasing their prices?
Tina, On May 26, 2020 at 09:27

I've seen a number of posts complaining about vendors increasing prices for postponing to next year, particularly venues. I just wanted to make a post highlighting some of the potential reasons why...

Tina, saturday 13-Jun-20 6
Brooke
Wedding songs
Brooke, On May 22, 2020 at 19:36

Spam your wedding songs! First dance, entrances, parent dances. Anyone ever do a surprise dance with their father breaking out in song? Any nov 7 brides staying hopeful?! Lets share ❤️

Danielle, wednesday 27-May-20 22
Cliodhna
Wedding Day Nails - Colourful, Neutral, Glittery?
Cliodhna, On January 23, 2020 at 09:05

Will you add a pop of color with your manicure or keep things neutral? Are you a fan of nail art? Or are you a sucker for all things glitter? What will your wedding day nails look like? Share your...

Kelly, tuesday 4-Feb-20 17
Sinéad
How big is your guest list?
Sinéad, On December 24, 2019 at 09:05

It’s the season for spending time with your loved ones! Have you completed your guest list for your wedding? How is it looking? Are you inviting everyone who is near and dear to you, or are you...

Derek, tuesday 17-Aug-21 28
Ashley
Wedding websites
Ashley, On January 6, 2020 at 20:14

Ok. I have been getting super frustrated with wedding websites because I'm confused with what I'm supposed to do. So Ive been reading that I'm not supposed to put my registry link on the wedding...

Tina, saturday 18-Jan-20 5
Cliodhna
How many of these signs will you include in your wedding?
Cliodhna, On December 13, 2019 at 09:05

Signage is one of the easiest ways to personalize your wedding day. You can showcase your individual style while also providing important information for guests! From seating charts to hashtag signs,...

Emily, saturday 11-Jan-20 12
Cockerton
Making Choices!
Cockerton, On December 14, 2019 at 05:23

Part of me is a little apprehensive on how easy it has been for us to confirm vendors. I feel like I should be shopping around more but I also am pleased that we have only had to see one or two at a...

Cockerton, saturday 21-Dec-19 13
S
I’m a newbie and I really need help on how to start!
Sydney, On December 7, 2019 at 04:02

Does anyone have tips on where to start the process of planning? I know it sounds so generic to ask, but I feel so frazzled and don’t know where to begin!

Ashley, tuesday 10-Dec-19 13
Kimberly
Seating chart paper
Kimberly, On December 2, 2019 at 21:14

So I’m planning on making a seating chart like the one below. All I can find is normal paper sized card stock from michaels. I was hoping to find pre cut so that all I have to do is print on them. If...

Cliodhna, tuesday 10-Dec-19 5
Jess
Wedding signs
Jess, On December 2, 2019 at 00:23

I am beyond excited about all of the projects coming up for the wedding. All of the decorations will be made by myself, so the to-do list is long! Over the last few weeks I have been working on...

Lina, wednesday 11-Dec-19 37
Cash
Show me your shoes!
Cash, On November 29, 2019 at 13:14

Hello, very unsure bride here! I can't for the life of me decide what kind of shoes to wear! It might help to see what other brides wore/ are wearing? I'm not the type to usually agonize over what...

Tina, monday 2-Dec-19 12
Cliodhna
Who are you walking down the aisle with?
Cliodhna, On December 2, 2019 at 09:05

Traditionally, a bride is walked down the aisle by her father, however, many couples opt for alternative options! Will another family member accompany you down the aisle? Would you rather go it solo?...

Melissa, thursday 5-Dec-19 22
Madisyn
Decorating wedding party table
Madisyn, On November 28, 2019 at 12:39

Hi ladies! I'm looking for some ideas and inspiration on how to decorate (if at all) our bridal party table. We will be sitting with our 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen and their spouses. There will only...

Madisyn, sunday 1-Dec-19 15
Sinéad
Full Open Bar - Overrated or Underrated?
Sinéad, On November 25, 2019 at 09:05

What are your thoughts on having an open bar? Do you think it’s always worth the splurge, or is beer and wine more than fine? In your opinion, is a fully stocked open bar overrated or underrated?...

Meaghan, monday 9-Dec-19 25
Eunice
Photography budget
Eunice, On November 25, 2019 at 17:52

Husband only wants to spend max of $1000 for photos. I feel like he is underestimating everything about wedding. Any thoughts of how much the average cost is? Or is $1000 doable?

Natasha, tuesday 3-Dec-19 20
Lynne
Anyone else making their wedding invitations?
Lynne, On October 21, 2019 at 15:43

I'm in the process of making my wedding invitation cards and I'm curious to know if I'm the only crazy person on this board. 🤪 Has anyone else decided to make their invitations?

Ben, monday 19-Feb-24 28
Lynnie
Garter Toss? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:50

I have to confess that I've never actually seen a garter toss in person! But apparently 37% of grooms still participate in this reception tradition! Will this toss tradition make the cut for your...

Allison, monday 2-Dec-19 31
Lynnie
Bouquet Toss? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:50

To toss the bouquet, or not to toss? 💐 That is the divisive question! Some brides are so over this outdated tradition, and don't want to drag out all their single friends onto the dance floor while...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 32
Lynnie
Parent Dances? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:49

Are you keeping the tradition of dancing with your parents at the reception with father-daughter and mother-son dances (or whatever family combo works for you!)? Or would you rather cancel this...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 31
Lynnie
Matching Bridesmaids Dresses? Keep or Cancel?
Lynnie, On September 16, 2019 at 09:49

Are you SO over seeing an army of bridesmaids wearing the exact same dress? Or do you still like the traditional uniform look? It's time to vote on matching bridesmaids dresses! Keep or cancel? Photo...

Amelia, thursday 31-Oct-19 41
Kaitlyn
When to send invitations?
Kaitlyn, On September 16, 2019 at 09:43

We’re getting married in New Brunswick (Canada) but we have a fair amount of family coming from Ontario. Would this be considered a “destination wedding” (send invites ~8 months before wedding) or not...

Ashley, wednesday 18-Sep-19 14
Tina
Save the Date question
Tina, On September 13, 2019 at 20:03

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation. We had initially wanted a destination wedding, but due to lack of response and FH's father's health issues, we canceled that idea and are now doing a local...

Vinod, tuesday 17-Sep-19 8
Eunice
Getting married on Nov/2020
Eunice, On September 3, 2019 at 08:31

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I got engaged on July/2019 and haven’t really started planning for the wedding since we’re thinking of moving in together this month. My mom, however, would like us to do a...

Eunice, saturday 14-Sep-19 11
S
Order of Events
Sabrina, On September 2, 2019 at 17:04

I'm looking for a bit of advice in how to best make things flow with the reception. The following is what we are planning on doing: first dance, speeches from MoH and best man, and the shoe game. We...

Erin, wednesday 4-Sep-19 7

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics