Jenn
Jenn

Oshawa, Ontario · From July 2018

I am a self-proclaimed movie nerd, lover of music, sports, and books. My professional background is communications & marketing, which I get to put into... View more

I am a self-proclaimed movie nerd, lover of music, sports, and books. My professional background is communications & marketing, which I get to put into practice every day, in an industry I love (sports). Not only am I marrying my best friend but am gaining a wonderful stepson as an added bonus.

🕐 WEDDING COUNTDOWN...

August 20, 2023

578days 15hrs : 36min
Kasey
the dress - the process
Kasey, On January 15, 2022 at 16:02

When my fiancé and I got engaged back in 2019, we had no idea that our wedding planning would be so challenging yet humbling. When we initially got engaged, we had allotted the two years of planning...

Tunisha, yesterday at 17:10 12
Denise
Help! Can’t decide between rings
Denise, On January 16, 2022 at 11:12

Hello lovely ladies, I went engagement ring shopping and I can’t figure out which one between the two, I love them both for different reasons but wanted to get some opinions the banded and breathe set...

Kelsey, yesterday at 21:51 9
Rayanne
Trying to make my winter wedding more summery...
Rayanne, On January 13, 2022 at 15:25

Well the colours for our wedding have gone through so many changes. Originally we were going with red and silver with lots of winter sparkle (Feb then and Jan wedding). However when I came to making...

Rayanne, friday 14-Jan-22 10
Amanda
When Did You Get Engaged?!
Amanda, On December 31, 2021 at 12:18

Did you know that Christmas Day is the most popular day to get engaged? Or that December is the busiest month of the year for proposals?? 💍 When did you get engaged??!!! Did you get engaged in...

Amanda, yesterday at 23:15 144 2
Rayanne
Have you picked your date yet?
Rayanne, On January 3, 2022 at 14:31

Welocme to all the newly engaged couples. I think one of the hardest decisions to make is when to have your wedding. There are so many things to take into consideration. Do you pick a holiday weekend...

Rere, monday 3-Jan-22 19
L
Sephora Glam Makeup
Lisa, On December 14, 2021 at 07:03

Has anyone gone to Sephora for their bridal party makeup? I have been quoted ridiculous prices from other vendors. For makeup and hair (I’m just keeping it down), they want $600 plus travel...

Stacey TC, friday 17-Dec-21 9
Amanda
Fire a bridesmaid?
Amanda, On December 13, 2021 at 00:39

Hey guys so im just hoping for some advice. my brothers girlfriend who im somewhat close with is being super distant from me lately. she avoids my messages, refuses to go help my mom find a bridal...

Jenn, wednesday 15-Dec-21 8
Kayla
Bridesmaids Dresses
Kayla, On December 13, 2021 at 12:46

Hello 👋 I am getting married July 1st, 2022 and wow is it ever coming fast!! I have 4 bridesmaids (1 is MOH) and we are trying to figure out bridesmaids dresses. We went to David's Bridal and they...

Alyx, friday 17-Dec-21 8
Jowell
Bridesmaid regret
Jowell, On December 5, 2021 at 08:09

I got engaged in July 2021 and am getting married July 2022! I am feeling the crunch. I have one Bridesmaid who is hot and cold. She was so excited about my engagement, but now hardly talks to me. She...

Alyx, tuesday 7-Dec-21 13
Anne
Wedding dress
Anne, On November 30, 2021 at 13:51

Does anyone know if David’s Bridal has a sale end of this year? Also what is everyone spending on their dress and how far in advance did you get it? Thanks!

Anne, thursday 2-Dec-21 15
Jenny
First dance song troubles - fh saying no to every song i suggest
Jenny, On November 27, 2021 at 09:49

Okay so I’m having issues finding a first dance song. I’ve sent my fiancé dozens of songs that I love and that I feel have lyrics that represent us. He’s sent me one. I asked him about it this morning...

Vinod, saturday 11-Dec-21 13
Laura
Little White Dress
Laura, On November 27, 2021 at 12:47

Hi ladies, I've been searching for a little white dress (or two) to have for shower, bach, rehearsal the night before. I don't love what David's bridal has and haven't had a lot of luck finding...

Alexandra, saturday 18-Dec-21 12
M
Music
Megan, On November 19, 2021 at 12:38

How did everyone pick what kind of music you wanted during your reception? Meaning like for cocktail hour, during dinner?? We are having a rustic wedding in the fall of 22

Samantha, tuesday 7-Dec-21 8
Brooke
Wedding photos
Brooke, On November 11, 2021 at 07:49

Wanted to share our sneak peak photos! I’m so obsessed! We got married this past Friday in Hamilton

Jenn, monday 15-Nov-21 9
Stacey TC
First dance songs
Stacey TC, On November 13, 2021 at 10:28

First dance songs are a big part of your day, and will be "your song" after. How did you choose it? Does it have specific meaning to you or your partner or both? If you haven't picked one yet, do you...

Tunisha, sunday 28-Nov-21 17 1
Tunisha
We got married!! 💐🥰 10.16.21
Tunisha, On October 24, 2021 at 14:27

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to share with you awesome people!! I GOT A WHOLE ASS HUSBAND! 😍🥰 From friend, to fiancé, to husband! I was stressed with the rain at first. Wanted to have our ceremony on...

Tunisha, sunday 28-Nov-21 44
Jenn
Budget Question/opinion
Jenn, On October 4, 2021 at 15:25

Hey Everyone, After 3ish years of being engaged, and having to postpone planning due to layoffs, non-payment from employers, and of course, COVID, I have slowly started to get back into the swing of...

Vinod, saturday 16-Oct-21 10
K
First Dress Fitting!!
Kb, On September 30, 2021 at 18:27

Excuse the location- my fiancé’s family knows someone who does alterations out of her house! But just got back from my first dress fitting, I ordered the low back shapewear from skims so please...

Daily, wednesday 27-Oct-21 7
Genna
Colour theme
Genna, On October 1, 2021 at 14:30

Hello Fellow Brides, I’m struggling on deciding a colour theme for my wedding. Our date is September 3rd 2022, so technically I could still consider it a summer wedding. I really want a romantic...

Amy, tuesday 26-Oct-21 35
vickylien_
Wedding Costs
vickylien_, On October 1, 2021 at 21:50

Honest opinions! What is average to spend on a wedding for 150 guests? My fiance and I are in the midst of wedding planning and it just seems to be our estimated total keeps going up lol.

Malyssa, friday 12-Nov-21 14
Colleen
Wedding dress anxiety
Colleen, On October 2, 2021 at 23:40

Hi everyone ! I said “yes to the dress” earlier this week. I left the store so thrilled and excited…. But as soon as I got home I got CRAZY anxiety. Ever since, I have been second guessing the dress...

Kasia, saturday 16-Oct-21 7
Taylor
Non-traditional First Dance Songs
Taylor, On September 26, 2021 at 13:10

Looking for some suggestions for a first dance song. I'm looking for something that's a little lesser known, maybe a bit of an indie/alternative style. We've been stuck on this for quite some time!...

Tracey, thursday 30-Sep-21 5
Danielle
Ring Sets - Show Me Your Stacks!
Danielle, On September 4, 2021 at 17:27

It wasn’t easy to find a wedding band that fit my engagement ring curve but I finally have and I’m absolutely obsessed!! I’d love to see everyone else’s sets/stacks! I didn’t like the one that...

Rayanne, friday 10-Sep-21 12
Gift
Where can i purchase this hair accessory?
Gift, On September 1, 2021 at 12:25

Hello All, Does anyone know where I can get the attached pearl hair accessory? Thanks 🙏🏻

Joey, monday 20-Sep-21 3
Rebecca
Wedding dresses with pops of black
Rebecca, On August 23, 2021 at 13:40

Hello ladies & gents, im looking to get an idea for dresses that are white and have black accents or how can i make weddings look semi traditional but still capture the essence of me(blacks and...

Rayanne, wednesday 25-Aug-21 12
Lisa
Stainless Steel And Dusty Blue Decor Ideas
Lisa, On August 12, 2021 at 11:47

I'm having difficulty finding ideas for the reception decor I have in my head. I envision an ultra-modern, very minimal wedding. I don't want anything rustic or wood, as the tables I'm using are...

Jenn, thursday 12-Aug-21 3
T
Marvel/harry Potter/star Wars Recessional Music?
Taylor, On July 22, 2021 at 08:45

Hello all! I am looking for some recessional song ideas. The wedding itself has a very halloween theme and the processional is going to be from Edward Scissorhands (for the bride). Now I'm looking for...

Jenn, tuesday 3-Aug-21 5
Rayanne
Honouring loved ones at wedding
Rayanne, On August 3, 2021 at 12:41

This weekend has been particularly hard for my family. On Saturday we lost my future MIL. Of course all parts of our lives have changed but we know on our wedding day her absence will be felt. We are...

Joey, thursday 5-Aug-21 13
Abbie
Eco-friendly wedding dresses
Abbie, On July 28, 2021 at 12:34

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone has any tips for finding eco friendly wedding dresses? Obviously renting would be the most eco friendly, but that’s not an option for various reasons. Second would of...

Abbie, friday 6-Aug-21 6
Amanda
First Dance Songs
Amanda, On July 19, 2021 at 14:03

Hey Everyone! What have you and your significant other chosen for your first dance song as a married couple?! It's always nice to see what everyone has picked My fiance and I have gone with LONESTAR -...

Amanda, monday 4-Oct-21 36
Cynthia
Prenup
Cynthia, On July 8, 2021 at 00:16

My FH wants us to sign a prenup. I don’t agree with this as I find he doesn’t trust me or trust the relationship. He has a small business and I work since I am 17 years old. We had agreed to pay...

Jenn, tuesday 13-Jul-21 9

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics