Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jaime
Newbie January 2024 Ontario

Wedding colors

Jaime, on January 15, 2023 at 18:08 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hi,

Is there a website that can help you build your wedding colours? I live remotely and do not have the opportunity to shop around.

Thanks in advance

J

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on January 16, 2023 at 17:12
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I also used pintrest to find a color combination im more of a colorless person but FH is all about color so we ended up with a very dusty purple color scheme i the orderes color swatches from azazie and jjs house and put them all together to see what i liked best and if it felt like something i could deal with

• Joy
    Frequent user August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used https://coolors.co/ to get ideas. You can put in colours you really want (if you have a non-white wedding dress, any gemstones in jewellery, suit colours, etc) and click the lock icon on the colours you want, then it will generate colours that look good with those. If you start looking at bridesmaid dresses at a place like David's Bridal and find something you like, picking a similar colour and seeing what it suggests as accent colours can be a good idea. There are also lots of pre-made ideas using coolors.co/palettes and that can give you a better idea of where to start.

Edit, here's a link to trending wedding colours on the site. Just click on the icon on the top left to go to the main menu where you can go to the custom palette creator. You can also easily share links that way if you want to compare notes with your fiance, wedding party, or decorators so you don't have to send them a bunch of physical swatches.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can also order swatches from online dress shops. Some menswear stores will also offer this as well.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Brittany mentioned Pinterest or if you have a local paint store/hardware store.

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest going to the local store that sells paints, and grab samples to see what you like - since it seems you are close to a small town, they may actually be willing to actually swatch the colours you think you may like, so you can see them better.

Another option is to check out Bridal Stores that allow online ordering. Why? Because most allow you the option to purchase fabric swatches (that won't break the bank) of the various colours (and fabrics) their dresses come in. Shades may vary depending on designer, but will still give you a fair idea.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! The app Pinterest has tons of colour combinations. If you search wedding colours/themes, tons of options to choose from!

Also my fiancé and I loved going to Home Depot and checked out all the paint colours and came up with our colours by using the tabs they have.
    Hopefully this helps Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics