Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Brides: How's your squad doing?

Carine, on September 8, 2022 at 09:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Many Brides are having issues with their squads, just checking in to see if your squad is behaving, or if you've had issues and managed to solve the drama and can give tips for our future brides. Or you just need a safe space to vent.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on October 5, 2022 at 11:24
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are totally not engaged at all I've sent messages and all i get is crickets... from minus like one or two of them which is a bit annoying but i have to remember that its not "real" to them yet until a few months before & they aren't the ones planning/ paying yet so its one of those things im letting move forward organically rather than forcing anything or getting butt hurt because realistically its too far away for other people to be as excited as iam.

FH still hasn't asked his guys to do roles yet which is annoying af to me...

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thank you I added them on instagram lol. Love getting free stuff, doesn't happen often.

I was in Niagara in June, I could have gotten it for you and shipped it.

I feel like that is what I am going to do, I'm getting my FMIL to hold it, so I'll just go over and just try it on, do a little dance party and a hello beautiful we meet again cuddle. I paid a lot for it, it's a shame to just wear once, I'll get my money's worth by trying it. Also a good way to know if I gained or lost so I'll keep track.

It's already started getting close to that exactly 1 year mark, versus 600 days until.

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

One of my BM is keeping it at her place, so basically every time I am there, the girls escape to see me try it on again lol - I like to say I am saying "hello" to the dress and letting her know I still love her Smiley xd

I enjoy going to bridal shows - you learn a lot, and there are chances to win things. I am lucky enough to model for a few bridal salons (one I bought my dress from, and one a friend owns), so if they are the ones sponsoring the fashion show, I get to get all dolled up (hair, makeup, pretty bridal gowns & BM dresses), and attend the event for free - it's a win win - they get a model, and I get to do research. Mostly in and around Durham Region, but still fun

I follow Bridal Confidential on Insta, and I have also won a customized ring box, and a jean jacket rental for the day of my wedding, plus tickets to the Wedding Soriee (I just need to find out how to get to Niagara to pick up the ring box lol)

Wedding season will be here before you know it!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Do you ever take it out and try it on? I feel like that is something I'll be doing the minute I get mine from the store until I meet the seamstress.

It was nice to finally see them get excited. I am taking them to a wedding show at the end of October and once winter is over things will be rolling. and here comes...

• Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is a very long time...and I have had my dress almost as long Smiley laugh
    That is amazing that the shopping experience brought everyone together like that - seeing and trying on all the pretty things is hard to not get excited about

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a long time for you and your party, but it's nice to see they have your back and continue to have your back.

My girls were annoyed because they thought I was planning to early, but when we went dress shopping , they got more excited and even went looking at the BM dresses, even my STBMIL she was grabbing dresses and trying them on. She was going to wear something from her closet, but I said this day is as big for me as it is for her since she is the MOG, she deserves to spoil herself and buy a beautiful dress and brag about it and show off on that night. Also told her all eyes will be on her since It's just her and there's no mother of the bride to share the spot light with.

• Jenn
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My squad has been amazing! I got engaged Feb 2018, and couldn't wait to ask them - I was so excited that I just asked straight up, no fuss (I am still planning on doing something for them tho lol), and as we are basically 3/4 done 22, and I still haven't walked down the aisle, they have been supportive and understanding.

Due to circumstances that happen in life, things have been slow moving/paused, more times than I can count, but they are still just as excited as day 1, when I ask them opinions, or talk about festivities, dress ideas, etc. - they are my true ride or dies and keep me positive when I start to think our big day will never happen.

I have also been open with them, that once we really start moving plans along, if they feel they can no longer be involved (for whatever reason), I would completely understand, as circumstances change (and I have 2 BM who live in another province)

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like that idea. My girls want to wait after new years and then we will go dress shopping with them. It's nice to make them feel included, I also think it helps them get excited as well.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have 3 and I've been lucky no drama so far, My MOH can be a lot to handle but she's been great with the other two. Very happy no drama.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Carine! We booked two Saturdays in a row at the same store- this weekend for the girls and next week for myself to let my girls know it's not just about the bride....

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not have a squad but did have a best friend by my side! With everything that I hear I would choose a tribe very very carefully and probably make it a small one - I feel like too many personalities can get tricky but then there are those that luck out and it all goes smoothly.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My squad has been great and seems like the boys are just as excited as well, the stories my FH is telling me about what they want to do at the wedding. 2 of the groomsman got married during covid so it sounds like they are making up for what they couldn't at our wedding. Smiley laugh

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is great I am excited to hear about your experience. You will have a great time.

• Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The joys of only have 1 bridesmaid hahaha she's been my ride or die for years so we've had no issue. even my FH hasn't really had any issues with the guys!

I always feel for those who are having struggles, because this is meant to be an exciting time, not a stressful one.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My squad is doing great! Our first day of dress shopping is this weekend- we are all so excited!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics